Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- January 16, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 115: Tatyana McFadden, 17-Time Paralympic Medalist
- January 15, 2019 by AliAnnie's Favorite Things: 3-Month-Old Must-Haves
- January 9, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 114: The Fourth Trimester
- January 2, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 113: Meaghan Murphy, Executive Editor at Good Housekeeping
- January 2, 2019 by AliMotherhood
Ali on the Run Show Episode 39: Registered Dietitian Kelly Hogan
The Ali on the Run Show
Guest: Kelly Hogan
Kelly Hogan is the Clinical Nutrition and Wellness Manager at the Dubin Breast Center at Mountain Sinai in New York City. It’s a long title—but it basically means she’s a super smart registered dietitian who wants to help people establish non-diet lifestyles. On this episode, she talks about what that means and how that idea helped her figure out her own food philosophy. Kelly also talks about how she became an R.D.—including how she made a major career change and went back to school while working full-time—and she shares a day in the life of her own diet. We play a game [I made up] called Wellness World Word Association, where Kelly offers up her take on everything from #cleaneats, cheat days, and the new documentary What the Health to Goop and apple cider vinegar, and Kelly breaks down the difference between an R.D., a nutritionist, and a health coach—plus what you should understand about each.
Kelly is a also many-time marathoner, so we talk about where she’s at with running right now, how her relationship with running has evolved over time, and how adopting a puppy—Peanut!—changed the game.
Stuff We Mention on this Episode:
RDs Kelly Wants You to Follow on Instagram:
Dogs Kelly Wants You to Follow on Instagram:
- Instagram @kellyhoganrd
- Follow Peanut on Instagram @peanut_the_dorkie
- Twitter @KellyHoganRD
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for listening to and supporting the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on iTunes. Spread the run love!