Listen to the Ali on the Run Show on iTunes!
- August 3, 2017 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 39: Registered Dietitian Kelly Hogan
- July 18, 2017 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 38: I'm Back!
- June 20, 2017 by AliAn Update on the Crohn's Situation + Things I'm Loving Right Now
- June 15, 2017 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 37: Lindsey Hein, Host of the I'll Have Another Podcast
- June 13, 2017 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 36: My Least Favorite Motivational Phrases
- October 26, 2012 by AliPlease Let Me Make Your Day (That Means A Giveaway!)
- June 15, 2012 by AliMonday. 9 AM. Get Sweaty. (And For Now: A Giveaway!)
- August 10, 2012 by AliTake My Sweat (It's A Giveaway & It's Not Gross)
- May 25, 2012 by AliDo You Want Free Sneakers? (Translation: A Giveaway!)
- July 9, 2013 by AliEmbrace The Sweat (An "I Heart Sweat" Shirt Giveaway!)
Ali on the Run Show Episode 35: Mia Michaels, Choreographer, Director & So You Think You Can Dance OG
The Ali on the Run Show
Guest: Mia Michaels
Mia Michaels is a legendary choreographer and director. She’s best known from her time as a judge and choreographer on So You Think You Can Dance, where her contemporary choreography earned her three Emmy Awards and household-name-level fame.
But before Mia became a fan favorite, she had to fight to make a name for herself in the dance industry. On this episode, she talks about the struggle to break into the industry as a “bigger girl,” and says that when the dance world wouldn’t accept her the way she was, she went ahead and created her own world. And it worked! Mia is one of the dance industry’s top choreographers, and she’s pretty much done it all, from working with Madonna (which she hated) to choreographing Celine Dion’s wildly successful A New Day show in Las Vegas (which I obviously made her gush about).
Mia has worked with (and “reinvented”) the Radio City Rockettes, choreographed the Broadway show Finding Neverland and the Rock of Ages film (where she became BFF with Tom Cruise), and had a featured role in Step Up Revolution. She just launched Mia Michaels Live, so if you’re a dancer, choreographer, or everyday human looking for inspiration, check it out. Mia’s authenticity and creativity will blow your mind and change your life.
Mia and I recorded this episode together in her TriBeCa apartment, where we were joined by her super spunky English bulldog, Lily. (The sound is a little shaky in the first few minutes, but it clears up — and you’ll hear plenty from little Lily along the way!) During our hour together, Mia very honestly talked about everything from her iconic career to how and dealing with criticism when you’re in the public eye to how, at 50 years old, she finally learned to love, embrace, and feel comfortable in her body.
Stuff We Mention on the Show:
Thank you for listening to and supporting the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on iTunes. Spread the run love!