Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- This post is #sponsored by the amergastroassn #IBDParenthoodProject. Now and then. It's so crazy to look back at… https://t.co/q8xyFhBdCG 07:12:30 AM November 15, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- “When you’re in a powerless position & the rest of your career is totally dependent on what you do, you aren’t goin… https://t.co/Oxg9MuShaT 06:30:59 AM November 15, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Shout-out to all the parents out there whose babies are getting four teeth at once. Whose babies have woken up cryi… https://t.co/SDPVCQ7Rpu 06:44:39 PM November 14, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Loved talking to @junodemelo and @runnersworld about my relationships with podcasting and running! https://t.co/H6Fr3ekXVr 02:27:52 PM November 14, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- November 14, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 189: Running Industry Hot Takes with Phoebe Wright
- November 13, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 188: Nikki Hiltz & Therese Haiss
- November 6, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 187: I'm a New York City Marathon Race Announcer!
- November 4, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 186: Why It's An Exciting Time for Women's Running LIVE Show
- October 30, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 185: Janelle Hartman, Final Finisher of the 2018 New York City Marathon
Ali on the Run Show Episode 35: Mia Michaels, Choreographer, Director & So You Think You Can Dance OG
The Ali on the Run Show
Guest: Mia Michaels
Mia Michaels is a legendary choreographer and director. She’s best known from her time as a judge and choreographer on So You Think You Can Dance, where her contemporary choreography earned her three Emmy Awards and household-name-level fame.
But before Mia became a fan favorite, she had to fight to make a name for herself in the dance industry. On this episode, she talks about the struggle to break into the industry as a “bigger girl,” and says that when the dance world wouldn’t accept her the way she was, she went ahead and created her own world. And it worked! Mia is one of the dance industry’s top choreographers, and she’s pretty much done it all, from working with Madonna (which she hated) to choreographing Celine Dion’s wildly successful A New Day show in Las Vegas (which I obviously made her gush about).
Mia has worked with (and “reinvented”) the Radio City Rockettes, choreographed the Broadway show Finding Neverland and the Rock of Ages film (where she became BFF with Tom Cruise), and had a featured role in Step Up Revolution. She just launched Mia Michaels Live, so if you’re a dancer, choreographer, or everyday human looking for inspiration, check it out. Mia’s authenticity and creativity will blow your mind and change your life.
Mia and I recorded this episode together in her TriBeCa apartment, where we were joined by her super spunky English bulldog, Lily. (The sound is a little shaky in the first few minutes, but it clears up — and you’ll hear plenty from little Lily along the way!) During our hour together, Mia very honestly talked about everything from her iconic career to how and dealing with criticism when you’re in the public eye to how, at 50 years old, she finally learned to love, embrace, and feel comfortable in her body.
Stuff We Mention on the Show:
Thank you for listening to and supporting the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on iTunes. Spread the run love!