Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- Couldn't make it to the live show this weekend? Listen to it here! https://t.co/dVZ5bSenCD 07:44:37 AM March 20, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Baby’s first wink! Today was a day. And instead of dwelling on the stressful, the negative, the downright frustrat… https://t.co/QuTl5JB3Wz 09:55:33 PM March 19, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- New post: My (very long) #UnitedNYCHalf Recap! First postpartum race: check! @nyrr @nyrrnews https://t.co/uvHeXsIhgc 01:38:56 PM March 19, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Turn it off. https://t.co/ff6ViuSUZM 11:21:11 AM March 19, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- March 19, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 129: LIVE at the United Airlines NYC Half
- March 19, 2019 by AliUnited Airlines NYC Half 2019 Recap
- March 12, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 128: Ali & the Experts Week with Dr. Nicole Detling, Sports Psychologist
- March 11, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 127: Ali & the Experts Week with Dr. Rachel Nazarian, Dermatologist
- March 10, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 126: Ali & the Experts Week with Shannon McLay, Founder of The Financial Gym
Ali on the Run Show Episode 35: Mia Michaels, Choreographer, Director & So You Think You Can Dance OG
The Ali on the Run Show
Guest: Mia Michaels
Mia Michaels is a legendary choreographer and director. She’s best known from her time as a judge and choreographer on So You Think You Can Dance, where her contemporary choreography earned her three Emmy Awards and household-name-level fame.
But before Mia became a fan favorite, she had to fight to make a name for herself in the dance industry. On this episode, she talks about the struggle to break into the industry as a “bigger girl,” and says that when the dance world wouldn’t accept her the way she was, she went ahead and created her own world. And it worked! Mia is one of the dance industry’s top choreographers, and she’s pretty much done it all, from working with Madonna (which she hated) to choreographing Celine Dion’s wildly successful A New Day show in Las Vegas (which I obviously made her gush about).
Mia has worked with (and “reinvented”) the Radio City Rockettes, choreographed the Broadway show Finding Neverland and the Rock of Ages film (where she became BFF with Tom Cruise), and had a featured role in Step Up Revolution. She just launched Mia Michaels Live, so if you’re a dancer, choreographer, or everyday human looking for inspiration, check it out. Mia’s authenticity and creativity will blow your mind and change your life.
Mia and I recorded this episode together in her TriBeCa apartment, where we were joined by her super spunky English bulldog, Lily. (The sound is a little shaky in the first few minutes, but it clears up — and you’ll hear plenty from little Lily along the way!) During our hour together, Mia very honestly talked about everything from her iconic career to how and dealing with criticism when you’re in the public eye to how, at 50 years old, she finally learned to love, embrace, and feel comfortable in her body.
Stuff We Mention on the Show:
Thank you for listening to and supporting the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on iTunes. Spread the run love!