Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- I just felt like running! I don’t think that pace is quite accurate, and I made a handful of bathroom stops, plus… https://t.co/50UduIDrye 11:12:19 AM September 21, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- This picture is from the summer of 2013. I was SO sick that summer. It was the hardest summer of my life. My Crohn’… https://t.co/LhMEKhc3WX 08:06:56 PM September 19, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- September 18, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 174: A Behind-the-Scenes Look at the Ali on the Run Show
- September 16, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 173: You Can Run a Marathon with Dawn Grunnagle
- September 11, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 172: Amanda Nurse, Elite Marathoner for adidas
- September 9, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 171: You Can Run a Marathon with Molly Bookmyer
- September 8, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 170: LIVE at NYRR RunnerCon with Nikki Hiltz & Allie Ostrander
Ali on the Run Show Episode 31: Dan Nevins, Army Veteran, Double Amputee & Yoga Teacher
The Ali on the Run Show
Guest: Dan Nevins
Dan Nevins is a yoga instructor and motivational speaker. He’s also a double amputee: Dan lost both his legs in an explosion while serving overseas in the Iraq War. In this episode, Dan talks about his time in the United States Army and the National Guard, shares the story of the explosion that took his legs, and opens up about his experience with post-traumatic stress disorder. He discusses what it was like going from being a competitive runner and athlete to adjusting to a life without legs, and he shares how yoga quite literally saved his life. His story is emotional and inspiring, and is a good reminder of the power of perseverance.
Want to take class with Dan? He’ll be in New York City teaching a two-hour master class at Lyons Den Power Yoga on June 3 to raise money for the Wounded Warrior Project. Go sign up!
Stuff We Mention on the Show:
Thank you for listening to and supporting the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on iTunes. Spread the run love!