Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- December 4, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 192: Adrianne Haslet, Boston Marathon Bombing Survivor
- November 27, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 191: The Great Turkey Trot of 2014
- November 20, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 190: Sarah True, Olympian & Ironman Triathlete
- November 14, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 189: Running Industry Hot Takes with Phoebe Wright
- November 13, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 188: Nikki Hiltz & Therese Haiss
Ali on the Run Show Episode 31: Dan Nevins, Army Veteran, Double Amputee & Yoga Teacher
The Ali on the Run Show
Guest: Dan Nevins
Dan Nevins is a yoga instructor and motivational speaker. He’s also a double amputee: Dan lost both his legs in an explosion while serving overseas in the Iraq War. In this episode, Dan talks about his time in the United States Army and the National Guard, shares the story of the explosion that took his legs, and opens up about his experience with post-traumatic stress disorder. He discusses what it was like going from being a competitive runner and athlete to adjusting to a life without legs, and he shares how yoga quite literally saved his life. His story is emotional and inspiring, and is a good reminder of the power of perseverance.
Want to take class with Dan? He’ll be in New York City teaching a two-hour master class at Lyons Den Power Yoga on June 3 to raise money for the Wounded Warrior Project. Go sign up!
Stuff We Mention on the Show:
Thank you for listening to and supporting the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on iTunes. Spread the run love!