Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- January 22, 2019 by AliThree Months of Annie
- January 16, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 115: Tatyana McFadden, 17-Time Paralympic Medalist
- January 15, 2019 by AliAnnie's Favorite Things: 3-Month-Old Must-Haves
- January 9, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 114: The Fourth Trimester
- January 2, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 113: Meaghan Murphy, Executive Editor at Good Housekeeping
Ali on the Run Show Episode 31: Dan Nevins, Army Veteran, Double Amputee & Yoga Teacher
The Ali on the Run Show
Guest: Dan Nevins
Dan Nevins is a yoga instructor and motivational speaker. He’s also a double amputee: Dan lost both his legs in an explosion while serving overseas in the Iraq War. In this episode, Dan talks about his time in the United States Army and the National Guard, shares the story of the explosion that took his legs, and opens up about his experience with post-traumatic stress disorder. He discusses what it was like going from being a competitive runner and athlete to adjusting to a life without legs, and he shares how yoga quite literally saved his life. His story is emotional and inspiring, and is a good reminder of the power of perseverance.
Want to take class with Dan? He’ll be in New York City teaching a two-hour master class at Lyons Den Power Yoga on June 3 to raise money for the Wounded Warrior Project. Go sign up!
Stuff We Mention on the Show:
Thank you for listening to and supporting the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on iTunes. Spread the run love!