Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- To many, he’s @brian_cristiano. But Annie and Ellie get to know him as silly, goofy, will-do-anything-for-his-girls… https://t.co/fnclO88Njb about 1 hour ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- A rare photo of Annie not smiling, because it has been a WEEK. We’ve had a rash that won’t quit, screaming, crying,… https://t.co/84nGQlqI1o 08:15:14 PM June 14, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- June 12, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 149: The Women Reporting on Women's Running
- June 10, 2019 by Ali#BraveLikeGabe
- June 6, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 148: April Cargill on Becoming a Marathoner at 50
- June 5, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 147: Jess Movold, Running & Strength Coach
- June 2, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 146: Motherhood Mondays with Kate Parker, Author of Strong is the New Pretty
Ali on the Run Show Episode 29: Meredith Kennedy, Marketing Operations Manager at BuzzFeed
The Ali on the Run Show
Guest: Meredith Kennedy
Meredith Kennedy is the Marketing Operations Manager at BuzzFeed, and is the brand’s former Editorial Chief of Staff. Before that, she made the rounds in the television industry: She was a Booking Producer at the Today Show, was Katie Couric’s assistant, and has worked for all the major TV networks, including NBC, ABC, and CBS. She’s a graduate of the Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism, and offers up some great advice in this episode for people who want to get into media, publishing, and the ever-changing digital space. She’s also a speedy runner! Meredith is a 3:18 marathoner who runs for the Central Park Track Club in New York City.
On this episode, Meredith shares what it was like working with Katie Couric, and how she survived those super early mornings—while marathon training!—during her time at Today. She discusses the news stories that most impacted her career in television, and explains what it’s like to be the person who has to call family members after tragic situations and ask them if they’ll come on the show. (“It’s pretty much the worst phone call you have to make,” she says.) Plus, Meredith talks about how what it’s like working at BuzzFeed (and what to do if you want to get hired there), shares her take on “don’t read the comments,” and talks about her favorite recent BuzzFeed quiz.
Stuff We Mention on the Show:
Thank you for listening to and supporting the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on iTunes. Spread the run love!