Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- https://t.co/jI3MaXItKw about 5 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Such a fun read about the woman who inspired the new movie (which I can't wait to see)! via @runnersworld https://t.co/okB7XKpdvs about 5 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Ran the whole class. Zero bathroom stops. Might be nothing. Might be a sign of good things to come. Always prepped… https://t.co/XjfBwcjguk about 9 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- August 21, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 164: Carrie Kreiswirth, Breast Cancer Survivor & Marathoner
- August 19, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 163: You Can Run a Marathon with Alexi Pappas
- August 14, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 162: Allie Ostrander, Professional Runner for Brooks Running
- August 13, 2019 by AliA Tuesday in the Life
- August 7, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 161: Lauren Fleshman & Jesse Thomas
Ali on the Run Show Episode 29: Meredith Kennedy, Marketing Operations Manager at BuzzFeed
The Ali on the Run Show
Guest: Meredith Kennedy
Meredith Kennedy is the Marketing Operations Manager at BuzzFeed, and is the brand’s former Editorial Chief of Staff. Before that, she made the rounds in the television industry: She was a Booking Producer at the Today Show, was Katie Couric’s assistant, and has worked for all the major TV networks, including NBC, ABC, and CBS. She’s a graduate of the Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism, and offers up some great advice in this episode for people who want to get into media, publishing, and the ever-changing digital space. She’s also a speedy runner! Meredith is a 3:18 marathoner who runs for the Central Park Track Club in New York City.
On this episode, Meredith shares what it was like working with Katie Couric, and how she survived those super early mornings—while marathon training!—during her time at Today. She discusses the news stories that most impacted her career in television, and explains what it’s like to be the person who has to call family members after tragic situations and ask them if they’ll come on the show. (“It’s pretty much the worst phone call you have to make,” she says.) Plus, Meredith talks about how what it’s like working at BuzzFeed (and what to do if you want to get hired there), shares her take on “don’t read the comments,” and talks about her favorite recent BuzzFeed quiz.
Stuff We Mention on the Show:
Thank you for listening to and supporting the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on iTunes. Spread the run love!