Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- “The best possible way to start my career was not getting what I wanted. Failure teaches you a lot, and it helped m… https://t.co/peflx4hsmL about 27 minutes ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- First Trimester: ✔️ . #14weeks #pregnancy #babyontherun #bumpie #firsttrimester @ West New York,… https://t.co/0cuEqM1k5L about 13 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- https://t.co/NKsyyNNq5O about 15 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- New post: 14 weeks down, six months to go! https://t.co/TYRHJO0Q8R about 23 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- April 25, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 70: Katie Burke, Chief People Officer at HubSpot
- April 24, 2018 by AliBaby on the Run: Week 13
- April 18, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 69: Sarah Sellers, 2nd Female at the 2018 Boston Marathon
- April 18, 2018 by AliBaby on the Run: Week 12
- April 17, 2018 by AliBoston Marathon Inspiration & The Women I Admire
Ali on the Run Show Episode 27: Meggie Smith, MD, Chief Resident in OB-GYN at NYU Langone Medical Center
The Ali on the Run Show
Guest: Meggie Smith
Meggie Smith is a chief resident in OB-GYN at the NYU Langone Medical Center in New York City, and is working to be a reproductive endocrinologist and reproductive specialist. (“I want to help women have babies,” she says.) We met when Meggie was in medical school, and now she delivers babies and performs risky surgeries as part of her job. On this episode, Meggie — a former tennis player and run-hater-turned-marathoner — talks about what it was like working at NYU when Hurricane Sandy hit, shares why she chose NYU (hint: it involves the Olsen twins), and talks about how she managed to run a Boston Qualifying marathon time while working 80-hour weeks. She opens up about “going into survival mode” at work, the first time she delivered a baby, and the very tragic — but very real — parts of her job. This summer, Meggie is headed west! Cheer her on as she finishes up her residency and heads to the University of Southern California to start a fellowship in reproductive endocrinology and infertility.
Stuff We Mention on the Show:
Thank you for listening to and supporting the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on iTunes. Spread the run love!
Posted in Podcast: The Ali on the Run Show and tagged 16 Handles, Ali on the Run Show, Doctor, Eugene Marathon, Insight Timer, Lauren Fleshman, Meggie Smith, New York City Marathon, NYRR New York Mini 10K, NYU Langone Medical Center, OB-GYN, Oiselle, Philadelphia Half Marathon, Picky Bars, Podcast, Shape Women’s Half-Marathon, Stephanie Rothstein Bruce, UAE Healthy Kidney 10K-