Listen to the Ali on the Run Show on iTunes!
- Inspired by my neighbor, who told me last night that the worst part about a breakup is your ex-GF stealing your favorite hoodie. YOLO! about 38 minutes ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Today in work from home fashion: Ex-boyfriend's sweatshirt. (Because it's soft, not sentimental.) Husband's sweatpants. Mom's slippers. about 40 minutes ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- July 18, 2017 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 38: I'm Back!
- June 20, 2017 by AliAn Update on the Crohn's Situation + Things I'm Loving Right Now
- June 15, 2017 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 37: Lindsey Hein, Host of the I'll Have Another Podcast
- June 13, 2017 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 36: My Least Favorite Motivational Phrases
- June 9, 2017 by Ali#YOLOCELINE2017
- October 26, 2012 by AliPlease Let Me Make Your Day (That Means A Giveaway!)
- June 15, 2012 by AliMonday. 9 AM. Get Sweaty. (And For Now: A Giveaway!)
- August 10, 2012 by AliTake My Sweat (It's A Giveaway & It's Not Gross)
- May 25, 2012 by AliDo You Want Free Sneakers? (Translation: A Giveaway!)
- July 9, 2013 by AliEmbrace The Sweat (An "I Heart Sweat" Shirt Giveaway!)
Ali on the Run Show Episode 26: My Running Story
The Ali on the Run Show
I never expected to be a runner — and I certainly never expected running to be something I actually enjoy. On this episode, I take a run back in time (too cheesy?) to share how I found, hated, dabbled in, hated again, tried for real, and eventually learned to love running. It all started with a fifth grade Ali trying to escape the timed mile in gym class, followed by an Ali who was motivated to run to fit into the biggest size jeans they sold at Abercrombie, and then to the Ali who moved to New York City and wanted to get strong for herself. I may have hated running as a kid, but as an adult, it didn’t take long for me to get hooked. I’ve been motivated by different things over the years — trying to fit into my work clothes, wanting to get shiny medals like the ones my roommate had hanging on her walls, raising money for the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation, or running out my post-breakup angst and aggression — but the one thing that’s remained is that I’m forever grateful for every run I get to enjoy. Running has been one of the greatest gifts in my life — and this is how it all began.
Stuff I Mention on This Episode:
- Team Challenge
- Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation of America
- Napa to Sonoma Wine Country Half Marathon
- JackRabbit Sports
- Rock ‘n’ Roll Las Vegas Half Marathon
- National Half Marathon
- Hamptons Marathon
- My Race Recaps
Thank you for listening to and supporting the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on iTunes. Spread the run love!