Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- It’s been such a good week with Annie! I feel like my postnatal fog has truly lifted, and I’m just having so much f… https://t.co/5qyequolyQ 07:52:02 PM December 13, 2018 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Love having @AfterShokz as a sponsor of the Ali on the Run Show. If you haven't picked up a pair for yourself, hop… https://t.co/utknwcQPok 04:52:43 PM December 13, 2018 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- "You’re not brave unless you try. You’re not brave unless you show up. You’ve gotta get there, and when you get the… https://t.co/RYt4UQtfie 01:58:38 PM December 13, 2018 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- December 12, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 110: Olivia Young, Creator of Box + Flow
- December 5, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 109: Jes Woods, Nike Run Coach
- December 4, 2018 by AliNew Mom Challenges: What I Mean When I Say It's Hard
- November 28, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 108: 11 Ways I Improved My Confidence
- November 27, 2018 by AliMy Newborn Must-Haves
Ali on the Run Show Episode 26: My Running Story
The Ali on the Run Show
I never expected to be a runner — and I certainly never expected running to be something I actually enjoy. On this episode, I take a run back in time (too cheesy?) to share how I found, hated, dabbled in, hated again, tried for real, and eventually learned to love running. It all started with a fifth grade Ali trying to escape the timed mile in gym class, followed by an Ali who was motivated to run to fit into the biggest size jeans they sold at Abercrombie, and then to the Ali who moved to New York City and wanted to get strong for herself. I may have hated running as a kid, but as an adult, it didn’t take long for me to get hooked. I’ve been motivated by different things over the years — trying to fit into my work clothes, wanting to get shiny medals like the ones my roommate had hanging on her walls, raising money for the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation, or running out my post-breakup angst and aggression — but the one thing that’s remained is that I’m forever grateful for every run I get to enjoy. Running has been one of the greatest gifts in my life — and this is how it all began.
Stuff I Mention on This Episode:
- Team Challenge
- Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation of America
- Napa to Sonoma Wine Country Half Marathon
- JackRabbit Sports
- Rock ‘n’ Roll Las Vegas Half Marathon
- National Half Marathon
- Hamptons Marathon
- My Race Recaps
Thank you for listening to and supporting the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on iTunes. Spread the run love!