Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- June 12, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 149: The Women Reporting on Women's Running
- June 10, 2019 by Ali#BraveLikeGabe
- June 6, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 148: April Cargill on Becoming a Marathoner at 50
- June 5, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 147: Jess Movold, Running & Strength Coach
- June 2, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 146: Motherhood Mondays with Kate Parker, Author of Strong is the New Pretty
Ali on the Run Show Episode 25: Bethany Lyons, Founder of Lyons Den Power Yoga
The Ali on the Run Show
Guest: Bethany Lyons Murray
Bethany Lyons is the owner, founder, and CEO of Lyons Den Power Yoga in New York City. Before opening the Baptiste yoga-style studio, she was the first-ever hired instructor at SoulCycle, and was a regional manager in charge of the group fitness programs at Crunch Fitness — which is where we met! (We share the story of our first interaction in the episode — it involves Bethany being the spin class sub and me being pissed.) Bethany has been a fitness instructor for more than a decade, and before that she was a professional dancer, singer, and actress. Today, Bethany is all about showing up, doing the work, and “being a yes.” On this episode, she shares the story of how she accidentally learned to love yoga (happens to all of us that way, doesn’t it?), how and why she decided to open her own studio — in the most expensive neighborhood in the most expensive city in the world — and whether or not she was worried no one would show up the day the studio opened. Bethany is a game-changer — enjoy!
Stuff We Mention on the Show:
Follow Lyons Den Power Yoga:
Thank you for listening to and supporting the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on iTunes. Spread the run love!