Listen to the Ali on the Run Show on iTunes!
- "We were under the impression that lighter equals faster, but lighter for me meant injured all the time and not hea… https://t.co/uDHpGAK08j about 1 hour ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- “It’s OK that we’re different & it’s OK that we think differently about things. Let’s be OK with being different.”… https://t.co/f4Ax8eBMV7 about 5 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Today on an all NEW & amazing episode of the Ali on the Run Show, my dear friend @hungryrunnergrl! Listen right thi… https://t.co/FpA9R0KFgM about 10 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- December 13, 2017 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 50: Janae Baron
- December 6, 2017 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 49: Abby Bales, Founder of Reform Physical Therapy
- December 4, 2017 by AliMaking It Count
- November 29, 2017 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 48: Sally Bergesen, CEO & Founder of Oiselle
- November 22, 2017 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 47: Brian Cristiano's Great Turkey Trot of 2014
- October 26, 2012 by AliPlease Let Me Make Your Day (That Means A Giveaway!)
- June 15, 2012 by AliMonday. 9 AM. Get Sweaty. (And For Now: A Giveaway!)
- August 10, 2012 by AliTake My Sweat (It's A Giveaway & It's Not Gross)
- May 25, 2012 by AliDo You Want Free Sneakers? (Translation: A Giveaway!)
- July 9, 2013 by AliEmbrace The Sweat (An "I Heart Sweat" Shirt Giveaway!)
Ali on the Run Show Episode 23: Lauren Conkey, 3:18 Marathoner, Mother & Public Health Advocate
The Ali on the Run Show
Guest: Lauren Conkey
Lauren Conkey is 3:18 marathoner, vegetarian, and mom to two girls, Amelia (3) and Mabel (8 months). She’s the blogger behind the now-retired Health on the Run, and lives in Rhode Island, where she works in public health — and on this episode we find out what that actually means and what her job entails. Lauren and I have been friends for years — an internet friendship success story! — so I wanted to use this episode to catch up on her life, her running, and how life has changed since having two kids (spoiler: it’s changed a lot). Lauren shares how she got started running — a story that involves her runner dad convincing her to run a mile on a track so she could stay up until midnight on New Year’s Eve — and went on to shave 20 minutes off her marathon time, and gets personal talking about running before, during, and after her pregnancies. She also opens up about her recent miscarriage and how she returned to running afterward. You don’t have to have kids to appreciate Lauren’s wise words and reflections on life as a runner mom!
Stuff We Mention on the Show:
Thank you for listening to and supporting the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on iTunes. Spread the run love!