Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- I just felt like running! I don’t think that pace is quite accurate, and I made a handful of bathroom stops, plus… https://t.co/50UduIDrye 11:12:19 AM September 21, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- This picture is from the summer of 2013. I was SO sick that summer. It was the hardest summer of my life. My Crohn’… https://t.co/LhMEKhc3WX 08:06:56 PM September 19, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- September 18, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 174: A Behind-the-Scenes Look at the Ali on the Run Show
- September 16, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 173: You Can Run a Marathon with Dawn Grunnagle
- September 11, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 172: Amanda Nurse, Elite Marathoner for adidas
- September 9, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 171: You Can Run a Marathon with Molly Bookmyer
- September 8, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 170: LIVE at NYRR RunnerCon with Nikki Hiltz & Allie Ostrander
Ali on the Run Show Episode 11: Candice Huffine, Model, Runner, and Founder of Project Start
The Ali on the Run Show
Guest: Candice Huffine, Model, Runner, and Founder of Project Start
Even if you don’t know her name, you definitely know her face! Candice Huffine is a well-known model, represented by IMG Models, with a seemingly never-ending resumé. She has appeared in the pages of Vogue, W, and Glamour (and on the cover of Vogue Italia), has walked the runways at New York Fashion Week in shows for Christian Siriano, Sophie Theallet, and Prabal Gurung, starred in DNCE’s “Cake by the Ocean” music video, is in Target’s latest TV commercial, and was featured in Lane Bryant’s highly publicized “I’m No Angel” and “Plus is Equal” campaigns. She was also the first plus-size model to appear in the Pirelli Calendar.
Candice is also a runner! She ran her first half marathon, the New York City Half Marathon, in 2016, and will be running it again this year to celebrate her one-year racing anniversary. Last year, Candice launched the Project Start initiative on Instagram, encouraging new runners to band together and empower each other. In November 2016, she appeared on the cover of Women’s Running magazine. Candice grew up in Washington, D.C., but now lives in Brooklyn, NY, with her husband, Matt Powers, and their puppy, Jerry Brows.
Apologies for Ellie barking in the background at the end. She really wanted to join the discussion about body image!
3:30: United Airlines NYC Half
5:00: Color Me Rad 5K
5:50: November Project
6:00: Follow Candice’s Husband, Matt Powers
8:40: Project Start
37:40: V Magazine editorial
38:40: Italian Vogue cover
43:00: Women’s Running cover
48:30: Project Start on FOX5
1:02:10: Adidas Boost
1:02:30: ENELL sports bras
1:06:45: Jerry Brows
Thank you for listening to and supporting the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on iTunes. Spread the run love!
Posted in Podcast: The Ali on the Run Show and tagged Ali on the Run Show, Candice Huffine, Color Me Rad 5K, ENELL Sports Bras, Matt Powers, Model, New York City Half Marathon, November Project, Pirelli Calendar, Podcast, Project Start, Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure, United Airlines NYC Half, Women's Running Magazine-