Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- New post: On one month with our little Annie-mal! https://t.co/hytcmocr2G about 22 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- https://t.co/hytcmocr2G 05:18:49 PM November 19, 2018 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- New post: Reflections on one month of parenting! https://t.co/hytcmocr2G 02:47:28 PM November 19, 2018 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Adventures in Annie wearing! First family-of-four trip to our favorite South Mountain Reservation! Annie did great… https://t.co/Jal4KL9X6a 03:14:48 PM November 18, 2018 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- November 19, 2018 by AliLife With a Newborn: One Month!
- November 14, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 106: I Had a Baby!
- November 7, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 105: Emily Abbate, Fitness Writer & Host of the Hurdle Podcast
- October 31, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 104: Stephanie Bruce
- October 30, 2018 by AliPregnancy + Baby Q&A
Ali on the Run Show Episode 11: Candice Huffine, Model, Runner, and Founder of Project Start
The Ali on the Run Show
Guest: Candice Huffine, Model, Runner, and Founder of Project Start
Even if you don’t know her name, you definitely know her face! Candice Huffine is a well-known model, represented by IMG Models, with a seemingly never-ending resumé. She has appeared in the pages of Vogue, W, and Glamour (and on the cover of Vogue Italia), has walked the runways at New York Fashion Week in shows for Christian Siriano, Sophie Theallet, and Prabal Gurung, starred in DNCE’s “Cake by the Ocean” music video, is in Target’s latest TV commercial, and was featured in Lane Bryant’s highly publicized “I’m No Angel” and “Plus is Equal” campaigns. She was also the first plus-size model to appear in the Pirelli Calendar.
Candice is also a runner! She ran her first half marathon, the New York City Half Marathon, in 2016, and will be running it again this year to celebrate her one-year racing anniversary. Last year, Candice launched the Project Start initiative on Instagram, encouraging new runners to band together and empower each other. In November 2016, she appeared on the cover of Women’s Running magazine. Candice grew up in Washington, D.C., but now lives in Brooklyn, NY, with her husband, Matt Powers, and their puppy, Jerry Brows.
Apologies for Ellie barking in the background at the end. She really wanted to join the discussion about body image!
3:30: United Airlines NYC Half
5:00: Color Me Rad 5K
5:50: November Project
6:00: Follow Candice’s Husband, Matt Powers
8:40: Project Start
37:40: V Magazine editorial
38:40: Italian Vogue cover
43:00: Women’s Running cover
48:30: Project Start on FOX5
1:02:10: Adidas Boost
1:02:30: ENELL sports bras
1:06:45: Jerry Brows
Thank you for listening to and supporting the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on iTunes. Spread the run love!
Posted in Podcast: The Ali on the Run Show and tagged Ali on the Run Show, Candice Huffine, Color Me Rad 5K, ENELL Sports Bras, Matt Powers, Model, New York City Half Marathon, November Project, Pirelli Calendar, Podcast, Project Start, Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure, United Airlines NYC Half, Women's Running Magazine-