Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- June 12, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 149: The Women Reporting on Women's Running
- June 10, 2019 by Ali#BraveLikeGabe
- June 6, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 148: April Cargill on Becoming a Marathoner at 50
- June 5, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 147: Jess Movold, Running & Strength Coach
- June 2, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 146: Motherhood Mondays with Kate Parker, Author of Strong is the New Pretty
Ali on the Run Show Episode 9: Sarah Conklin, 3:37 Marathoner and Picky Bars Employee
The Ali on the Run Show
Guest: Sarah Conklin
Sarah Conklin is perhaps best known on the internet as the blogger behind “Once Upon a Lime.” She lives in Bend, OR, where she works for Picky Bars, the sports bar company founded by professional athletes Lauren Fleshman, Jesse Thomas, and Stephanie Bruce. Before that, she worked for Oiselle, the women’s athletic wear company, and was an avid marathoner. Now, after taking a bit of a break from the marathon distance, Sarah is back at it, training under Lauren Fleshman’s guidance. On this episode, we talked about everything from what a day in the life of a Picky Bars employee is like (bonus: it sometimes includes starting the day on the ski slopes) to failed Boston Qualifying attempts to getting a divorce in your twenties. Sarah was super open and honest, and offered up some great insights about relationships, growing up, and changing her perspective on running.
11:10: Follow Lauren Fleshman
13:00: Elyse Kopecky
29:30: Fleshman and the Mid-Packer
29:30: Cleveland Marathon
Thank you for listening to and supporting the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on iTunes. Spread the run love!