Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- Today was one of my all-time favorite days as a mom. @brian_cristiano surprised Annie and me with front-row tickets… https://t.co/Mxg9GHLE5a 06:56:01 PM January 19, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- WOW! 🔥🔥🔥 https://t.co/hsdwn31r95 10:12:49 AM January 19, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- I’m at a loss for words because I’ve had like six glasses of champagne, but mostly, today is the best. This week ha… https://t.co/dh5NdfccI6 02:25:44 PM January 18, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- New post: The best parts of my week. There were so many! https://t.co/J72EjfuQDn 11:41:22 AM January 17, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- January 17, 2020 by AliThe 10 Best Parts of My Week
- January 15, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 199: My 2020 Visions, Plans, Hopes, & Dreams
- January 14, 2020 by AliAnnie Update: 15 Months
- January 10, 2020 by AliThis Week
- January 8, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 198: Rachel Gersten, Co-Founder of Viva Wellness
Fridays With #POTUS Ellie
PUPPY OF THE UNITED STATES.
But first, a little something unrelated to the rest of this post.
I haven’t really gotten political here. Other than a few Tweets here and there, I’ve generally kept my feelings about the current political climate and state of affairs off my blog — not because it’s not all really important right now, but because I don’t have much to add to the conversation that hasn’t been better said or written elsewhere. (Hence my affinity for a good RT.) This happens sometimes with current affairs and other big things happening in the world. As a blogger, I feel like it comes across as totally tone deaf if I don’t mention what’s going on in the world, but at the same time, I don’t always have something to add to the discussion. (Plus, does anyone actually need my opinion on certain things beyond running and dancing avocado toasts?)
It used to be that things like politics and religion were off-limit topics at dinner tables, in the workplace, and on hobby blogs like this one. I think that idea is outdated — I think these are all things that should and need to be discussed. (LOL at people who keep saying celebrities should stay out of politics when they voice their opinions at awards shows or on Twitter. The irony.) When I have something to share, I will. Just because I’m not posting about all of the madness of late doesn’t mean I’m not aware of it, invested in it, and doing my part to fight for social justice, whatever that means and entails right now.
I’m also trying to find that balance between staying informed and total overconsumption. This week has gone much better than last week… I’ve even slept a little better! (With and without the Ambien…)
For now, I’ll continue doing my part by keeping it light and flooding the internet with pictures of my dog. Welcome to another edition of Fridays With Ellie!
(Oh, one last thing: Podcast listeners, the show is coming SOON! Like we’re talking next week kinda soon. YAY! I promise entertainment, laughter, things that make you nod along like “mmmhmmmm, yes,” and great guests. Your long runs will never be the same.)
Here are some photos of Ellie doing dog things…
Remember when Ellie was a teeny tiny puppy?!
And #TBT to one year ago, when Ellie graduated from preschool! Or kindergarten. IDK. She took five puppy classes, so whatever that is. CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN, ELLIE! We are so proud of you and the dog you have become every day.
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND! LUV U.