Listen to the Ali on the Run Show on iTunes!
- This weekend was the perfect mix of great running (thanks for that, sammham!), dog park-ing,… https://t.co/7CXZeHLwlQ about 11 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- This weekend was the perfect mix of great running (thanks for that, sammham!), dog park-ing,… https://t.co/w7PDuX1UEO about 11 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- March 23, 2017 by AliThursday Thoughts
- March 23, 2017 by AliEpisode 13: Chris Mosier, Transgender Athlete & Advocate
- March 21, 2017 by AliEpisode 12: Thoughts We Had During Our First Half Marathons
- March 16, 2017 by AliHow I Finally Got Over My Body Issues
- March 16, 2017 by AliEpisode 11: Candice Huffine, Model, Runner, and Founder of Project Start
- October 26, 2012 by AliPlease Let Me Make Your Day (That Means A Giveaway!)
- June 15, 2012 by AliMonday. 9 AM. Get Sweaty. (And For Now: A Giveaway!)
- August 10, 2012 by AliTake My Sweat (It's A Giveaway & It's Not Gross)
- May 25, 2012 by AliDo You Want Free Sneakers? (Translation: A Giveaway!)
- July 9, 2013 by AliEmbrace The Sweat (An "I Heart Sweat" Shirt Giveaway!)
Fridays With #POTUS Ellie
PUPPY OF THE UNITED STATES.
But first, a little something unrelated to the rest of this post.
I haven’t really gotten political here. Other than a few Tweets here and there, I’ve generally kept my feelings about the current political climate and state of affairs off my blog — not because it’s not all really important right now, but because I don’t have much to add to the conversation that hasn’t been better said or written elsewhere. (Hence my affinity for a good RT.) This happens sometimes with current affairs and other big things happening in the world. As a blogger, I feel like it comes across as totally tone deaf if I don’t mention what’s going on in the world, but at the same time, I don’t always have something to add to the discussion. (Plus, does anyone actually need my opinion on certain things beyond running and dancing avocado toasts?)
It used to be that things like politics and religion were off-limit topics at dinner tables, in the workplace, and on hobby blogs like this one. I think that idea is outdated — I think these are all things that should and need to be discussed. (LOL at people who keep saying celebrities should stay out of politics when they voice their opinions at awards shows or on Twitter. The irony.) When I have something to share, I will. Just because I’m not posting about all of the madness of late doesn’t mean I’m not aware of it, invested in it, and doing my part to fight for social justice, whatever that means and entails right now.
I’m also trying to find that balance between staying informed and total overconsumption. This week has gone much better than last week… I’ve even slept a little better! (With and without the Ambien…)
For now, I’ll continue doing my part by keeping it light and flooding the internet with pictures of my dog. Welcome to another edition of Fridays With Ellie!
(Oh, one last thing: Podcast listeners, the show is coming SOON! Like we’re talking next week kinda soon. YAY! I promise entertainment, laughter, things that make you nod along like “mmmhmmmm, yes,” and great guests. Your long runs will never be the same.)
Here are some photos of Ellie doing dog things…
Remember when Ellie was a teeny tiny puppy?!
And #TBT to one year ago, when Ellie graduated from preschool! Or kindergarten. IDK. She took five puppy classes, so whatever that is. CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN, ELLIE! We are so proud of you and the dog you have become every day.
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND! LUV U.