Listen to the Ali on the Run Show on iTunes!
- Happy. @ Lansdale, Pennsylvania https://t.co/DQZzdzlyNs about 24 minutes ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Happy. @ Lansdale, Pennsylvania https://t.co/sHFVxoXoqG about 26 minutes ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Had a very special little guest on the Ali on the Run Show today! (OK, two special guests!) LOOK… https://t.co/JWyNnN3J07 06:15:01 PM May 26, 2017 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- May 25, 2017 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 31: Dan Nevins, Army Veteran, Double Amputee & Yoga Teacher
- May 23, 2017 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 30: My Crohn's Disease Story
- May 21, 2017 by Ali2017 Airbnb Brooklyn Half Recap
- May 18, 2017 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 29: Meredith Kennedy, Marketing Operations Manager at BuzzFeed
- May 16, 2017 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 28: Let's Talk Running Pet Peeves
- October 26, 2012 by AliPlease Let Me Make Your Day (That Means A Giveaway!)
- June 15, 2012 by AliMonday. 9 AM. Get Sweaty. (And For Now: A Giveaway!)
- August 10, 2012 by AliTake My Sweat (It's A Giveaway & It's Not Gross)
- May 25, 2012 by AliDo You Want Free Sneakers? (Translation: A Giveaway!)
- July 9, 2013 by AliEmbrace The Sweat (An "I Heart Sweat" Shirt Giveaway!)
A Silly Survey Because WHY NOT?
A few weeks (months?) ago, I was reading Glamour, and the issue featured a Q&A with Justin Bieber. I think he’s done a decent job turning his career back around and redeeming himself, don’t you? He uses so many dancers in his videos and on his tours, and I appreciate him for that. The questions were sort of fun, and since I have lots in common with Justin Bieber, I decided to answer them myself. And put my answers on the internet. For no reason at all.
(I’m doing a lot of writing elsewhere, so sometimes it’s nice to just do totally mindless things, especially when I’m feeling grouchy, like taking these surveys and Buzzfeed quizzes called “Which potato food are you?” I’m a potato pancake.)
Here you go…
Favorite iPhone app: Instagram and Two Dots. Instagram is so pretty (I’m @aliontherun1 if you’re into that), and I’m waiting for more Two Dots levels to come along since I beat the game. Though now that I’m getting healthier, I play it a lot less. Yay for not being in the bathroom as much!
Most-used emoji: The double hearts (for when I love something or want to show sympathy), the dancing twins (because I like them), the elephant (for when I’m talking about Ellie), and the enthusiastic double high five (high 10?). Why is there still no giraffe emoji? (Also I only started using emojis a few months ago, so I’m still really excited about them.)
Last song you sang in the shower: “The Lonely Goatherd” from The Sound of Music. AKA the greatest scene from any movie musical ever. (If you disagree, you are wrong. I love those little singing goats.) I also really like “Another Day of Sun” from La La Land even though I shamefully haven’t seen the movie yet.
What is your greatest fear: Snakes, hairless cats, Ellie running away
Somewhere you haven’t been that you’d like to go: Italy, Greece, Spain, San Diego, San Francisco, Egypt…
What would you want as your last meal on earth: This is my favorite question! Warm, buttery bread with salt and butter, the lemon spaghetti from Supper, and chocolate soufflé with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. (I’m happy to report that my dairy-free experiment is going well, but also that if it were my last meal on earth, I wouldn’t care, and I would eat all of this dairy-based stuff.)
The TV show you’re binge-watching now: Everything in moderation! JK. I’m not speed-watching anything at the moment, but I did re-watch all of This Is Us over the weekend, and enjoyed it so much more the second time. Here are my thoughts, after two viewings of each episode:
- Jack is such a dreamboat. Those push-ups…
- Mandy Moore wears great hats.
- Little Randall is my favorite. So is grown-up Randall. I love Sterling K. Brown so much.
- The first time I watched it, I was super bored with Kevin and his storyline. Now I like him! And Little Kevin is so cute.
- I love Beth.
- Beth and Randall’s daughters are my favorite characters on the show.
- Please don’t die, William. DEFY THE ODDS.
Last person you kissed: Possibly Brian. Probably Ellie. Lots of tongue.
Which living person do you most admire? My parents, of course, and Ellen DeGeneres also comes to mind. I love that she is so unabashedly herself and is so likable and charitable and funny without conforming to societal ideals or standards or whatever people wanted her to be when she was starting out in Hollywood. Go girl. And Michelle Obama. And Lin-Manuel Miranda. You knew this answer already, I bet.
If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? I would have more patience. And I wouldn’t procrastinate.
What trait do you most value in friends? I need my friends to be non-judgmental, non-gossipy, non-assholes, and supportive. It also helps if they like to watch/sing along to Pitch Perfect. And #mustlovedogs.
Three words that best describe you: Obsessed with Ellie?
What’s the craziest thing someone’s said to you on social media? What a fun question! Where to begin? I’m so offensive! So controversial! But I don’t expect everyone to adore me. (I do, however, expect everyone to adore Ellie.)
I choose not to read or engage in the backstage nonsense, so I’m oblivious to most of it, but an acquaintance told me that people (or one person, IDK) on a website did all the research to price out my honeymoon. Like looked up the cost of flights and all the places we stayed in Africa and everything to find out how much we paid to go to Africa. (If you had asked me, I would’ve just told you! The internet’s fascination with how people/random strangers choose to spend their money fascinates me.) That was pretty crazy and LOL-worthy. (Because truly, who has time for that? And if you hate me, why do you follow me or read my blog or pay any attention to me? Why can’t we be friends? Is it because I have Crohn’s and you think I’m gross?)
Favorite time of the week: Sunday mornings. I wake up early to watch an episode of Scandal and read the paper while the sun comes up. Then I go to a spin class with my friends. I don’t know how this weekly routine started, but it’s quiet and I love it.
Childhood crush: Zack Morris, Jonathan Taylor Thomas, my cousin Jeffrey (don’t worry, my family still gives me plenty of crap for that one).
Most recent tattoo: No tattoos! I guess this is the only thing The Biebs and I don’t have in common.
Would you rather have a chauffeur, a chef, a personal trainer, or someone to clean your home for you? A chef, no question. I don’t mind driving or cleaning, and a trainer would be cool sometimes. But I would love for someone to cook all my meals and, better yet, to do the grocery shopping (and putting the groceries away).
THAT’S IT! Care to share? Answer some questions because it’s good for us to stay close. Also because maybe, like me, you’re into procrastinating and need something to pass the time before your next deadline!
PS I JUST WROTE A WHOLE POST WITHOUT REALLY TALKING ABOUT CROHN’S DISEASE YAY.
Posted in Happy Things-