Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- Did you register for the @bostonmarathon live show yet? The baller team at @GenUcan added more seats so we can acco… https://t.co/J42V69kt2L about 13 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- I’ve dreamed about family-of-four beach days since the day I found out I was pregnant. The beach is Ellie’s absolut… https://t.co/3GpnAJlkkl 05:36:02 PM March 24, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- YAY!!!! https://t.co/2BuUM0Ec1c 07:30:30 AM March 23, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- March 19, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 129: LIVE at the United Airlines NYC Half
- March 19, 2019 by AliUnited Airlines NYC Half 2019 Recap
- March 12, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 128: Ali & the Experts Week with Dr. Nicole Detling, Sports Psychologist
- March 11, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 127: Ali & the Experts Week with Dr. Rachel Nazarian, Dermatologist
- March 10, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 126: Ali & the Experts Week with Shannon McLay, Founder of The Financial Gym
Things That Made Me Smile This Week
Want to smile? So do I.
Here are a few things that made me smile this week.
This video, which I cannot stop watching. It makes me laugh and cry [happy tears], and the song brings me back to my college-era Moulin Rouge! obsession. Dogs are the best. (H/T to my buddy Kaitlin for sending this one along. It brought my Friday morning to a full stop so I could watch it three times in a row before sharing it with everyone I know.) All I wanted growing up was a trampoline, and my parents were not on board. Super rude. I also wanted a ferret, which I also did not get.
All the Obama + Biden memes. I can’t get enough.
This post, for no reason at all.
This post, which made me LOL too loud too many times. My humor is very sophisticated.
Remembering the time I challenged my [drunk] friend Myles — also our November Project team captain and the fastest runner on the team — to a 10-meter dash. I was in heels, he was 10 glasses of wine and a few beers in…and I won. (Pretty sure I account for like, 1,000 of those views…)
Tonight, I challenged @m_fennon to a 10-meter dash down the finishing stretch of the @nycmarathon course. I was in heels, so he agreed to give me a one-second head-start. Fortunately, @briancristiano and @lauraannwalsh were there to capture it all on film. Who came out on top — and on two feet? Watch to find out. (I love you forever, Myles. #BFF. Just remember to run THROUGH the finish on Sunday, OK?)
Starting my new medicine! I got my first Stelara infusion on Wednesday, and I have high hopes that this will be the drug to get me back into remission. I’m so over this flare and am very ready to move on with my life.
Happy New Medicine Day! Today I start a new-to-me medicine — Stelara — to try and kick this Crohn's flare to a curb very far away. The last few months have been tough, and there have been days when it's been hard to look for the light at the end of the tunnel. I've spent too much time in the bathroom and not enough time dreaming big and having fun. Here's hoping the new goods get me back on the run and away from the Squatty Potty (OMG buy one though, you'll love it) soon and for the long haul. Now make like the Schuyler Sisters, Stelara, and WORK WORK. (Also I'm not naked, I swear. But the amazing nurses here at NYU gave me a warm blanket, so I got comfy.)
The infusion took an hour, and the whole process was nice and easy. The NYU infusion suite is so nice! Much fancier than my old doctor’s office! I got warm blankets and they had snacks and ice water with a straw, which is my favorite way to drink water. The nurses were all so nice (I love nurses), and I was back home in no time.
The doctor says the medication could take 6–8 weeks to kick in — so naturally I expect to be healed already. Weird that that hasn’t happened… They say patience is a virtue, but I have a hard time with that. Clearly.
The triumphant return of Billy on the Street. This was so good.
All the times Ellie grabbed my face with her paws and kissed me. She does this thing where she reaches at my face with her paws and actually grabs my face to pull me in and kiss me. Brian said to me this morning, “Ellie loves me, but she’s in love with you.” I’m fine with it.
The new Hamilton Mixtape songs! Lin-Manuel Miranda has been releasing a few songs every few days, and I expected to not be super into them because why mess with perfection? But I love Kelly Clarkson’s “It’s Quiet Uptown” (my sad shower song) and Usher’s “Wait For It.”
PLEASE ADD TO THE CONVERSATION. What made you laugh, smile, or feel happy this week?