Listen to the Ali on the Run Show on iTunes!
- 1:47:32! Could've done without the bathroom stop at mile 9, but it was necessary. Great day for… https://t.co/MIcV3878Dv about 3 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Ready to run the @njmarathon Half! (Actually after the best running week ever last week, this… https://t.co/BWNmgMlFIG about 23 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Running this weekend? Take @HealthontheRun & me with you! We have a lot to say... https://t.co/0KhRgraJd1 #podcast #trypod 08:46:39 AM April 29, 2017 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- April 27, 2017 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 23: Lauren Conkey, 3:18 Marathoner, Mother & Public Health Advocate
- April 25, 2017 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 22: How I Finally Got Over My Body Issues
- April 24, 2017 by AliStevens Cooperative School 5K Recap
- April 19, 2017 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 21: Brynn Fessette O'Neill, Physical Therapist at Finish Line Physical Therapy
- April 18, 2017 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 20: Stop Waiting
- October 26, 2012 by AliPlease Let Me Make Your Day (That Means A Giveaway!)
- June 15, 2012 by AliMonday. 9 AM. Get Sweaty. (And For Now: A Giveaway!)
- August 10, 2012 by AliTake My Sweat (It's A Giveaway & It's Not Gross)
- May 25, 2012 by AliDo You Want Free Sneakers? (Translation: A Giveaway!)
- July 9, 2013 by AliEmbrace The Sweat (An "I Heart Sweat" Shirt Giveaway!)
Things That Made Me Smile This Week
Want to smile? So do I.
Here are a few things that made me smile this week.
This video, which I cannot stop watching. It makes me laugh and cry [happy tears], and the song brings me back to my college-era Moulin Rouge! obsession. Dogs are the best. (H/T to my buddy Kaitlin for sending this one along. It brought my Friday morning to a full stop so I could watch it three times in a row before sharing it with everyone I know.) All I wanted growing up was a trampoline, and my parents were not on board. Super rude. I also wanted a ferret, which I also did not get.
All the Obama + Biden memes. I can’t get enough.
This post, for no reason at all.
This post, which made me LOL too loud too many times. My humor is very sophisticated.
Remembering the time I challenged my [drunk] friend Myles — also our November Project team captain and the fastest runner on the team — to a 10-meter dash. I was in heels, he was 10 glasses of wine and a few beers in…and I won. (Pretty sure I account for like, 1,000 of those views…)
Tonight, I challenged @m_fennon to a 10-meter dash down the finishing stretch of the @nycmarathon course. I was in heels, so he agreed to give me a one-second head-start. Fortunately, @briancristiano and @lauraannwalsh were there to capture it all on film. Who came out on top — and on two feet? Watch to find out. (I love you forever, Myles. #BFF. Just remember to run THROUGH the finish on Sunday, OK?)
Starting my new medicine! I got my first Stelara infusion on Wednesday, and I have high hopes that this will be the drug to get me back into remission. I’m so over this flare and am very ready to move on with my life.
Happy New Medicine Day! Today I start a new-to-me medicine — Stelara — to try and kick this Crohn's flare to a curb very far away. The last few months have been tough, and there have been days when it's been hard to look for the light at the end of the tunnel. I've spent too much time in the bathroom and not enough time dreaming big and having fun. Here's hoping the new goods get me back on the run and away from the Squatty Potty (OMG buy one though, you'll love it) soon and for the long haul. Now make like the Schuyler Sisters, Stelara, and WORK WORK. (Also I'm not naked, I swear. But the amazing nurses here at NYU gave me a warm blanket, so I got comfy.)
The infusion took an hour, and the whole process was nice and easy. The NYU infusion suite is so nice! Much fancier than my old doctor’s office! I got warm blankets and they had snacks and ice water with a straw, which is my favorite way to drink water. The nurses were all so nice (I love nurses), and I was back home in no time.
The doctor says the medication could take 6–8 weeks to kick in — so naturally I expect to be healed already. Weird that that hasn’t happened… They say patience is a virtue, but I have a hard time with that. Clearly.
The triumphant return of Billy on the Street. This was so good.
All the times Ellie grabbed my face with her paws and kissed me. She does this thing where she reaches at my face with her paws and actually grabs my face to pull me in and kiss me. Brian said to me this morning, “Ellie loves me, but she’s in love with you.” I’m fine with it.
The new Hamilton Mixtape songs! Lin-Manuel Miranda has been releasing a few songs every few days, and I expected to not be super into them because why mess with perfection? But I love Kelly Clarkson’s “It’s Quiet Uptown” (my sad shower song) and Usher’s “Wait For It.”
PLEASE ADD TO THE CONVERSATION. What made you laugh, smile, or feel happy this week?