Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- Everything’s better in the off-season. 😎 @ Asbury Park Boardwalk https://t.co/lQSHJQD2c2 about 9 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- NYC runners, I am so sad I can't go to this, but YOU SHOULD! A great lineup sharing @nycmarathon tips, advice, and… https://t.co/uFMAjhepeC about 16 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- My gift to myself for surviving my first year of motherhood was the gift of family photos — taken by the same perso… https://t.co/BSf4zcicWd 07:33:24 AM October 17, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Last year, Carly Gill fell just two minutes short of her goal of qualifying for the Olympic Marathon Trials. On thi… https://t.co/4shPKggSF2 06:31:24 AM October 17, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- October 16, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 182: Carly Gill, Olympic Trials Qualifier
- October 14, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 181: Carrie Tollefson BONUS EPISODE!
- October 9, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 180: Roberta Groner, 2:29 Marathoner, Nurse, & Mom of Three
- October 8, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 179: Janae Baron BONUS EPISODE!
- October 2, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 178: Ladia Albertson-Junkans, Ultra Runner & Best Friend to Gabe Grunewald
Fridays With Ellie: The Healthiest One In The Bunch
First, Ellie had surgery.
Then I got food poisoning.
Now Brian seems to have it.
Who wants to come visit West New York?!
We’ve been a rotating rough bunch over here lately, but Ellie bounced back from her surgery beautifully, and I’m feeling 90 percent well today. My stomach still just feels weird, like there’s still a little something that’s unhappy in there, but I’m surviving. Brian, on the other hand, has caught the bug now. TBD what it is, but he’s…well, I’ll be honest, guys, he’s not lookin’ so good. He looks good, but…he doesn’t look good. You’re with me here. (He says it’s food poisoning and that it hits people at different times depending on your body and how much you ate and stuff. #science, IDK.)
Happy Friday, though!
I don’t know how much activity we’ll all be engaging in this holiday weekend, but hopefully Brian gets his literal shit together (ha! don’t be mad I said that, Brian! it’s funny!) so we can do some adventuring.
And speaking of adventuring, here’s the latest roundup of Fridays With Ellie!
Ellie really enjoyed getting to show the Feller family around her new neighborhood!
As usual, she just follows Tyler around, and he tries to tell her to do things like “sit” and “down” and “shake,” but he says them all at once and she gets confused, so they just end up snuggling.
Ellie was very excited to celebrate Brian’s first Father’s Day!
As a dog dad, that is. She made him a book filled with pictures of the two of them, and she wrote him a nice letter thanking him for rescuing her and giving her a bed and a home and a safe place to live and play. She’s such a good writer. I cried reading it.
She’s obsessed with Brian.
Ellie’s favorite part of the day is still 7 PM, when she instinctively walks over to the door and starts wagging her tail. (How does she know what time it is???) That’s when it’s time to walk to the ferry to meet Brian. When I say, “Should we go get Dad?!” she gets so excited, and practically sprints to the ferry terminal. Once we get there, we greet her favorite security guard, then she rushes to the gangway (there are four at the terminal, but she knows that Brian arrives at Slip 4) and immediately sits to wait for Brian while her tail wags like crazy. It’s the best.
Enough of them. More of Ellie and me:
Ellie loved road-tripping to Pennsylvania to visit her puppy cousin, Ranger, and all of her second cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents, and great-grandmom.
There were something like 80 people at this family party, so it was kind of crazy chasing Ellie around to make sure she didn’t get into anything she wasn’t supposed to touch. (Like, um, that block of cheese on that table that she might have licked…sorry, Aunt Bobbi.)
In spite of the fact that she loved swimming when we were in New Hampshire last month, Ellie was so scared to go in the pool, even with her life jacket on! (Brian calls it her bathing suit.)
It was awesome being at my aunt and uncle’s house, where the entire backyard is fenced in. Ellie spent lots of time roaming around off-leash, which was nice for everyone.
Ellie’s mouth is healing up perfectly.
One of the stitches has dissolved, and the other should go away any day now. Dental surgery success! The gap-toothed wonder is still perfect.
Ellie has found many fun new ways to sleep.
Like…next to her bed. Instead of on it. The other day, I was watching the Ellie Cam and watched her move her bed with her head so she could lay between the bed and the wall. She likes tight spaces sometimes.
And, I am very excited to report that Ellie signed up for her first race!
With no motivation from me, I swear. She’s so good at the internet! The race is in October and I can’t wait to pick out matching outfits for us to wear. We have lots of time to train, and I’m so excited for all of it. (Do you want to come cheer for us?! LMK.)
Have a wonderful long weekend, best friends! Adopt a puppy! (OMG I dare you.)