Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- June 23, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 152: Motherhood Mondays with Sashea Lawson AKA Sassy Fit Girl
- June 19, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 151: Jen Bigham AKA Local Elite
- June 16, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 150: Motherhood Mondays with Jill Koziol & Liz Tenety, Co-Founders of Motherly
- June 12, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 149: The Women Reporting on Women's Running
- June 10, 2019 by Ali#BraveLikeGabe
Fridays With Gap-Toothed Ellie
My poor puppy!
As I mentioned yesterday, Ellie had some surgery on Tuesday to remove a “kissing wart” and to extract two of her chipped little bottom teeth. “Poor puppy” = she has not been phased in the slightest by this procedure. She’s as happy and active and psyched about life as normal. (So thinking it was going to be an extra productive week because she’d be sleeping a lot? LOL no. We’ve gone to the dog park no fewer than three times every day, plus a long walk. Ain’t no Ali got time for that. Sorry, all my deadlines.)
Here’s a little peek into The Life of Ellie. (Kanye, make an album about her!)
Well, she had her surgery. Here are some before and after pictures…
She learned some new tricks.
She made some new friends.
She took the usual amount of naps. Maybe fewer naps than normal. IDK.
She watched the Tony Awards on Sunday, and has been ever more obsessed with Hamilton than normal since then.
Most notably, Ellie was a serious mommy’s girl this week, which I obviously loved. Normally I’m the one who does everything for her all day — the walks, the poop pickups, the feedings, etc. — but Brian does the morning and night walks, and she is obsessed with him. This week, though, she was so attached to me. She followed me everywhere like a shadow and was super snuggly at night. I basked in it. Because I’m sure as soon as Brian walks in the door today, I’ll be old news. BOYS ARE THE WORST.
Ellie is very excited for Brian to come home today, and to get to see her puppy cousins on Sunday.
Have a great weekend, everyone! “Be kind to one another.”