Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- Super cool Ali on the Run Show shout-out today in @engadget! (Thanks so much for the kind words and love,… https://t.co/YBdX6DTjq3 about 5 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Annie was born on a sunny Tuesday morning, at exactly 39 weeks. Today, on another sunny Tuesday, she’s exactly 39 w… https://t.co/UhQ1Sk9uHn about 10 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- July 14, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 157: Motherhood Mondays with Julia Berteletti and Laura Green
- July 10, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 156: Sarah MacKay Robinson, Elite Runner
- July 7, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 155: Motherhood Mondays with Dr. Molly Millwood, Clinical Psychologist
- July 2, 2019 by AliLife Lately
- June 30, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 154: Motherhood Mondays with Hitha Palepu, on Postpartum Depression, Breaking Points, & Parenting Unapologetically
Fridays With Ellie: Spay Day
We brought Ellie in to get spayed this morning.
I cried when they took her away from me and led her back into the procedure room, and then I did what I do best: walked across the street and ate a Nutella crepe. (I walked up to the counter and ordered “the usual,” and Brian looked at me like, “WTF, how often do you come here???”) I eat my feelings, and they taste like an artificially flavored hazelnut and chocolate spread.
I know she’ll be fine. She also has a little hernia that they’re fixing while she’s in there, and they’re going to do x-rays on her front legs since she still has a bit of a limp after last weekend’s dog park incident.
It’s been a week around here, man. Between her sad little limp (and loss of appetite, and vomiting, and general trauma), my seemingly endless battle with this stupid flu (“Maybe it’s just a 24-hour thing,” I stupidly told myself on Day 1), work being insane, and the whole “we’re moving on Tuesday” thing, I feel like I’m inside a tornado. (“In the eye of the hurricane there is quiet.” Different natural phenomenon, but name that tune!)
And when life gets crazy, what do we do?
We look at puppy pictures!
Here are a few of my favorite recent snaps of Ellie.
First, a series of Ellie snuggling and sleeping with Brian, her favorite napping buddy.
One thing we learned during Ellie’s puppy classes is that sometimes dogs need to be “scooped” when they are playing. This gives them time to have a little breather and calm down a bit. Whenever we scoop Ellie, she immediately looks hammered drunk. I don’t know why this happens.
Here are some photos of Ellie on the bed. She mostly sleeps in her crate now because she takes up too much space, but we bring her up to snuggle in the mornings. It’s my favorite time of day.
Did we get a doggy cam so we can see what Ellie is up to when we’re away? YEAH, WE DID, ACTUALLY. And it’s awesome.
And a few randoms…
Now BRB. Back to counting down the minutes until I can go pick up my little conehead.
Have a great weekend, everyone! Good luck to all the NYC Half Marathon runners. I’m planning to be out cheering around Mile 9 with the November Project cohort, so yell at me and I’ll cheer extra loud for you! BE GREAT, HAVE FUN, FINISH FAST.