Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- The last few days have been ROUGH. Physically, I’ll spare you the details of my latest clogged duct, but it took ne… https://t.co/u53m2CTJ0I about 9 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Annie! You’re two months old today! The past two months have been the ultimate whirlwind and blur. Annie is hilario… https://t.co/0MnIUHFXHe 10:58:19 AM December 16, 2018 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- It’s been such a good week with Annie! I feel like my postnatal fog has truly lifted, and I’m just having so much f… https://t.co/5qyequolyQ 07:52:02 PM December 13, 2018 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- December 12, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 110: Olivia Young, Creator of Box + Flow
- December 5, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 109: Jes Woods, Nike Run Coach
- December 4, 2018 by AliNew Mom Challenges: What I Mean When I Say It's Hard
- November 28, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 108: 11 Ways I Improved My Confidence
- November 27, 2018 by AliMy Newborn Must-Haves
All The Things I'm Loving Right Now
Consider this a twist on Thankful Things Thursday.
This week has been the excitingly busy kind of nuts. But amidst the madness, there are some things I’m really into right now. Let’s discuss…
Running! Running continues to go watchless and well. Nothing much to report. I run 3–4 times per week, which seems to be a happy place for me. My runs are generally around five miles during the week. Nothing crazy. It keeps me excited for every time I get to run, and I don’t get bored.
Running with friends! I rarely run solo these days! I run with my interval group on Tuesdays, with November Project and Wednesdays and Fridays, and then by myself on Saturdays. But “by myself” = with thousands of other Central Parkers on any given Saturday morning, so I’m hardly flying solo.
Friday Night Lights. I just started watching Friday Night Lights. I had never seen a single episode but have of course heard great things. In just one week, I have almost finished Season 1, and I am hooked. Tammy Taylor is my hero-idol, Minka Kelly is the prettiest, worst actress ever, and Tim Riggins <3 <3 <3 <3 <3. Clear eyes, full hearts, can’t stop watching.
My new Alo leggings. I attended a Fashion Week event at Bandier last week (and spent some QT with Australian darling Sjana Elise Earl), and I left with not one but two new pairs of leggings. These ones are my “casual” pants, and these ones are how I dress up now, because I wear them out with boots instead of to sweaty fitness things.
Taking Ellie to the dog park! We took her for the first time on Saturday and it was so much fun (for all of us)! It was nice letting her run around off-leash (it’s all fenced in, so there’s no worry of her taking off) and totally wear herself out. It took us 15 minutes to get there and 45 to walk home. She was beat, and proceeded to sleep for two days.
And on the workout front…
AKT in Motion. I took owner Anna Kaiser‘s class, and she managed to successfully kick my ass while convincing me I was just at some fun, 7 AM dance party. Totally my style. I loved it and had so much fun.
Flex Pilates AKA the fancy torture chamber where I died on Monday night. This was my first Pilates reformer class, and holy shit. My abs are still sore today, four days later. I sneezed on Tuesday and almost burst into tears because it was so painful.
I took class with Jenn Seracuse and I very highly recommend her. She’s a gem, was so helpful, and gave me a ton of positive reinforcement and motivation even though I’m fairly certain I did every move wrong and got to each set 10 counts late because I could never figure out the machine. It’s fine.
Tone House AKA “The Hardest Workout in New York City.” The warmup alone crushed me. I was sweating and panting and sprinting and jumping over bags and trying not to get lapped. And that was the warmup. This is not for the faint of heart, nor for the lazy. It’s all very challenging but still totally rah-rah-go-team (almost in a November Projecty way).
I spent the duration of the hour-long workout trying to keep up with Karlie Kloss, and I was on her relay team and I wanted to be friends because she is OMG perfect. Only turns out, it wasn’t Karlie Kloss. It was just a girl who happens to be really fit and very pretty. Whatever works for motivation, right?
My haircut. It’s so happy and healthy and soft again! But I wish I had gone just an inch or two shorter. YOLO.
Writing all day every day. Including but not limited to…
- This piece about creating a lunch cohort at your office. Really regretting not doing this during my Dance Spirit days. Ellie never makes me lunch.
- “Katy Perry tried Transcendental Meditation and she liked it.” I got to have some fun with the headline and Left Shark references, so that’s a win for me.
- This one about all these delicious lunches and dinners I want to try. (Start delivering uptown, Maple!)
- And a lot about millennials, like how they like to run hard and drink wine.
The LOL-worthy lifestyles of the rich and Kardashian. It’s no secret I am endlessly amused and entertained by this wacky family. So this brought me great joy and many LOLs.
This video, which I’ve been blasting for several days now. Hamilfans unite!
Ellie, and how snuggly she is with me every night. We lasted three whole nights with the “Ellie sleeps in her crate” rule. And she was fine with it. But I missed her. So now she sleeps in bed with us, either on top of my legs, or snuggled in between Brian and me, and it’s the best. She likes to be little spoon and sometimes I just lie there at night, awake and creepy, listening to her little breathing noises.
WILL YOU SHARE WITH ME? What are you loving lately? Gimme something good.