Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- High School Musical memes are forever my favorite thing on the internet. They never get old and they always make me… https://t.co/TFMmdGBHf8 about 11 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Local friends, come run this with me! A super fun 5K with @lululemon, and Ellie and Annie will be there, and we can… https://t.co/s4UOce8BrX about 17 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- September 18, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 174: A Behind-the-Scenes Look at the Ali on the Run Show
- September 16, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 173: You Can Run a Marathon with Dawn Grunnagle
- September 11, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 172: Amanda Nurse, Elite Marathoner for adidas
- September 9, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 171: You Can Run a Marathon with Molly Bookmyer
- September 8, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 170: LIVE at NYRR RunnerCon with Nikki Hiltz & Allie Ostrander
Fridays With Ellie
It’s been a long, crazy week around here.
Last Saturday, our sweet little puppy hopped her front paws onto our [way too low] coffee table, where a [full] glass of water was conveniently situated next to my [open and on] laptop.
That’s the short story of how my sweet, once reliable 2010 Macbook Pro died an instantaneous, “cannot be recovered” death. After completely flipping out (I’m embarrassed…namaste), I ran my water-logged computer to the Apple Genius Bar, and was given the tragic diagnosis: “It’s gone. Sorry.” RIP.
(Cue my all-time favorite “Sex and the City” episode where Carrie’s computer dies and she goes batshit on Aidan. Which is precisely what I did to Brian. Yes it was my water and my computer, and yes, they shouldn’t have been near each other where the puppy could access them. But he picked out the coffee table when we moved in together years ago, so I think we can all agree that this was his fault.)
So today, I’m introducing a new thing called Fridays With Ellie. It’s just photos of my puppy. Because it’s Friday, and my brain hurts and my eyes hurt and my nose is froze and my toes is froze and my tail’s froze (name that movie), so let’s all just look at cute pictures, OK?
First, I am very pleased and proud to announce that Ellie is officially a Puppy School Graduate! She had her fifth and final Puppy Level I class last weekend (RIP laptop), and she aced her graduation exam (she had to demonstrate “sit,” and she nailed it).
Yes, I bought her a made-to-order, custom graduation cap. SHE DID NOT HATE IT.
Ellie continues to grow at warp speed, and her weight has almost doubled since we got her. I make sure I tell her she is cute and perfect and beautiful every single day, because I don’t want her to grow up with body issues. Weight gain can be tough emotionally.
Ellie loves all dogs. She likes to make herself small when she plays with little dogs, and she loves big dogs. She is well socialized and is a very happy puppy. She has a school best friend and a home best friend, which is nice. It’s good to spread out your #squad.
Ellie loves the veterinarian’s office. Her vet is conveniently located one block from our apartment, so we go by the office every time I take her out. Ellie always runs to the door and immediately sits down outside and stares at the front desk people. And every time they buzz me in like we have an appointment, but we don’t. Ellie just wants to stare at them like an absolute creep.
Ellie loves birds and squirrels. And by “loves” I mean she sees them, freezes, and stares at them for as long as I’ll let her.
Ellie’s favorite show is Dance Moms. If it’s on (which, yes, it often is around here), she’s glued to it. She was less interested in the Super Bowl, but loved the halftime show.
Ellie has the most rockin’ underbite. I am obsessed with it. I call her Lil’ Fang or Sweet Fang now. Almost all of her puppy teeth have fallen out, and poor girl just cannot adjust to her newer, larger adult teeth. It’s my favorite thing.
And a few more for good measure…
TELL ME SOMETHING GOOD. Weekend plans? Race plans? Nutella plans? Puppy plans? Give it to me.