Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- I just felt like running! I don’t think that pace is quite accurate, and I made a handful of bathroom stops, plus… https://t.co/50UduIDrye about 23 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- This picture is from the summer of 2013. I was SO sick that summer. It was the hardest summer of my life. My Crohn’… https://t.co/LhMEKhc3WX 08:06:56 PM September 19, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- September 18, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 174: A Behind-the-Scenes Look at the Ali on the Run Show
- September 16, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 173: You Can Run a Marathon with Dawn Grunnagle
- September 11, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 172: Amanda Nurse, Elite Marathoner for adidas
- September 9, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 171: You Can Run a Marathon with Molly Bookmyer
- September 8, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 170: LIVE at NYRR RunnerCon with Nikki Hiltz & Allie Ostrander
A Very Ellie Update
Well…this was bound to happen.
This may as well be Ellie On The Run at this point.
But since I take 600 photos of Ellie a day and exercise serious restraint by only posting one or two per day, I thought, “Hey, why not share a bunch here for the two people who are just dying to see even more of our little pup?!”
If you’re not a dog person — well first, I’m shocked you’ve stuck around this long! — fear not. I’m running again, and I have a little “blog challenge” for myself coming up, so I promise it’s not going to be all-Ellie-all-the-time for too much longer. (File under “Lies I Tell Myself” and under “Lies I Just Told Other People.”)
Anyway, a few Ellie updates…
1. We know what she is! When we adopted Ellie, the nice but not-so-sure people told us Ellie was a “golden mix.” A rarity at shelters! A unique species! A combination of cute and brilliant! Equal parts precious and mysterious!
We’ve always thought she was definitely part labrador, and at times thought she had some pitbull in her, too. I also thought boxer, because she has a wild underbite and uses her paws a lot, like a boxer. (I don’t know if that actually has anything to do with the “boxer” breed, but I think it makes sense.)
Now, thanks to science, we know what Ellie is!
So basically, she’s a mutt. Exactly what we thought. Also I call her Chow-Chow now, which is fun for everyone.
2. I love her.
3. She is perfect.
4. Soon she will be my only friend, because I don’t talk about anything else, and I guess not everyone cares about my dog just like not everyone cares about other peoples’ kids and babies and stuff. (Don’t worry. I care about your kids. I love your kids. They’re potty-trained, right?)
5. I keep a list in my phone of the weird things Brian and I will randomly call Ellie. It starts like this…
- Ellie Girl
- Ellie Belly
- Ells Bells
And then it devolves into this…
- Ronda Rousey
- Slippery Sleeve
- Sherman Sharif
- Lamb Steak
- Westwood One
- Wiz Khalifa
- Pup and Circumstance
- DJ Skribble
- Credit Suisse
- Programmatic Advertising
The first list is mine. The second list is Brian’s.
In conclusion, here are 381 more photos of Ellie over time, because she has grown at a fast and furious rate, and I can barely scoop her up anymore. Brian can still pick her up, though, so that’s good. He can’t pick me up. That’s OK.
First, let’s start with photos of Ellie’s precious underbite…
Here is a series of Ellie enjoying her favorite place: Central Park!
Now how about some pictures of Ellie sleeping?
And here’s how much Ellie loved playing in the snow the past few days…
Finally, here is Ellie just being cute.
Now I will calm down with the Ellie photos.
(If you somehow haven’t had enough, I’m @AliOnTheRun1 on Instagram and Snapchat. There’s lots more where all this came from.)
Have a great day!