Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- Honored to have @runnerKG back on the Ali on the Run Show today, sharing her Olympic Trials story. Give it a listen… https://t.co/aa0PvIc7Le 09:06:18 AM March 26, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Hey everyone, go wish @erinstrout a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Erin, you are an amazing human, exceptional dog mom, and… https://t.co/DqffBVO947 11:11:03 AM March 24, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Very excited to launch the ON THE JOB series on the Ali on the Run Show today, starting with Rachel Dewan, archaeol… https://t.co/1DJQfShriK 07:28:23 AM March 24, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- March 25, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 222: Kaitlin Goodman Recaps the 2020 U.S. Olympic Marathon Trials
- March 23, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 221: On the Job with Rachel Dewan, Archaeologist
- March 22, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 220: Andrea Toppin Recaps Her Race at the 2020 U.S. Olympic Marathon Trials
- March 19, 2020 by AliIn Times Like These...
- March 18, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 219: Jacqueline Alnes, Creator of Running-Inspired Tiny Art
HOKA ONE ONE Clifton 2 Giveaway!
I don’t remember when I went for my last run.
I probably have it written down somewhere, but I know looking at it and seeing just how long it’s been will make me sad. What I don’t know can’t hurt me quite as much.
So yeah. I’m still sick. Crohnsing hard. I’ve been to the doctor multiple times and they’re all perplexed because the study was working so well and I’m not showing other classic Crohn’s flare symptoms and steroids don’t work and what should we do?!
I’ve been prescribed all kinds of fun medications of the “topical variety” that don’t seem to help, and beyond that we’re all kind of at a loss.
It’s frustrating. I pictured myself working out really hard leading up to the wedding, going for awesome runs, working on my speed, and spending my Saturday mornings going long. Instead, I’m mostly confined to the couch and the bathroom, in a decent amount of pain and discomfort. With the exception of some at-home yoga (OK, one time), fitness is not happening for me.
Of course, whenever I do venture out into the wilderness (the Upper East Side, that is), I’m pretty much guaranteed to see a million happy runners. And that makes me sad. I want to be one of them. This isn’t where I envisioned myself being a few weeks out from my wedding, or ever again, really, since joining the study.
Such is life, though. You never can quite predict it.
But there’s an upside, of course. There often is, and I’m almost always willing to find it. Or create it.
The upside today is that I can’t run, but hopefully you can! And in honor of that, I want to hook you up with a pair of my very favorite running shoes: the HOKA ONE ONE Clifton 2.
As you may recall, I signed on as a HOKA ONE ONE ambassador earlier this year. The shoes are light and cushiony, and the newly-released Clifton 2 comes in all kinds of awesome colors, if you’re into that sort of thing. The Clifton 2 is a neutral road shoe that makes you feel like you’re running on clouds alongside Care Bears.
If you’re one of the curious ones who have been wanting to try the Clifton 2, here’s your chance, because I’m giving away a pair! Any size, any color, male or female. You must be in the United States to enter (sorry, international dudes).
To enter: Leave a comment on this post telling me one (or all!) of the following:
- Your favorite wedding-related TV episode or movie (we’re talking Father of the Bride, Jim & Pam from The Office, or Zack and Kelly’s awesome Saved by the Bell Vegas-but-not nuptials).
- Whether you think Rory should have ended up with Dean, Jess, or Logan. (I’ve been DVRing old episodes of Gilmore Girls on ABC Family and that’s what I do with my non-running free time now. And I say Dean. I think. Maybe. Definitely not Logan.)
- Your favorite vegetable. Mine is jicama.
- Your favorite book or magazine. Print will never die. I like the Llama Llama series, Giraffes Can’t Dance, and all of the Baby-Sitters Club books. Duh.
I’ll pick a winner at random Wednesday, September 9!
Good luck and happy running! All running should be happy. If it’s not happy, go home and watch Gilmore Girls.