Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- I had a lovely conversation with my BFF mikeannebailey this morning. We were talking about the inevitable stress of… https://t.co/58v804pz8U about 9 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Holy crap, I don't think I blinked for 13 minutes straight watching this. Iconic, @JLo. https://t.co/OONRHOV6tq about 21 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- December 4, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 192: Adrianne Haslet, Boston Marathon Bombing Survivor
- November 27, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 191: The Great Turkey Trot of 2014
- November 20, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 190: Sarah True, Olympian & Ironman Triathlete
- November 14, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 189: Running Industry Hot Takes with Phoebe Wright
- November 13, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 188: Nikki Hiltz & Therese Haiss
“Are You Serious?!”
“Are you serious?!”
That was the second thing I said on Friday — on the top of a mountain in Oahu as the fiery sun was lighting up the Pacific Ocean — when Brian got down on one knee and asked me to marry him.
Eventually, after a sufficient amount of questioning him and freaking out and shedding a few very happy tears, I also said yes.
Beyond getting a lifelong duathlon relay partner and someone to obnoxiously ring a cowbell at every bike race, I’m not sure Brian knows what he’s in for. I give him a ton of credit for making this trip unbelievably special, and also for proposing in the 6 AM hour while I was wearing workout clothes. Because that seems about right, right? And then we got massages. And then we got cheeseburgers.
But seriously: Wicked excited, super surprised, very happy, and a little sunburned. More details to come if you’re into that sort of thing. But for now, back to basking in this vacation for the next few days.
And don’t tell my mom because she will yell at me, but the first thing I said when I realized Brian was proposing: “Shut the f*** up.” Forever classy. (Brian is proud of this because I was essentially super nervous and speechless and he did not think it was possible for me to ever be speechless.)
Aloha, mahalo, namaste, OMG!