Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- Honored to have @runnerKG back on the Ali on the Run Show today, sharing her Olympic Trials story. Give it a listen… https://t.co/aa0PvIc7Le 09:06:18 AM March 26, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Hey everyone, go wish @erinstrout a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Erin, you are an amazing human, exceptional dog mom, and… https://t.co/DqffBVO947 11:11:03 AM March 24, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Very excited to launch the ON THE JOB series on the Ali on the Run Show today, starting with Rachel Dewan, archaeol… https://t.co/1DJQfShriK 07:28:23 AM March 24, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- March 25, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 222: Kaitlin Goodman Recaps the 2020 U.S. Olympic Marathon Trials
- March 23, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 221: On the Job with Rachel Dewan, Archaeologist
- March 22, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 220: Andrea Toppin Recaps Her Race at the 2020 U.S. Olympic Marathon Trials
- March 19, 2020 by AliIn Times Like These...
- March 18, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 219: Jacqueline Alnes, Creator of Running-Inspired Tiny Art
“Are You Serious?!”
“Are you serious?!”
That was the second thing I said on Friday — on the top of a mountain in Oahu as the fiery sun was lighting up the Pacific Ocean — when Brian got down on one knee and asked me to marry him.
Eventually, after a sufficient amount of questioning him and freaking out and shedding a few very happy tears, I also said yes.
Beyond getting a lifelong duathlon relay partner and someone to obnoxiously ring a cowbell at every bike race, I’m not sure Brian knows what he’s in for. I give him a ton of credit for making this trip unbelievably special, and also for proposing in the 6 AM hour while I was wearing workout clothes. Because that seems about right, right? And then we got massages. And then we got cheeseburgers.
But seriously: Wicked excited, super surprised, very happy, and a little sunburned. More details to come if you’re into that sort of thing. But for now, back to basking in this vacation for the next few days.
And don’t tell my mom because she will yell at me, but the first thing I said when I realized Brian was proposing: “Shut the f*** up.” Forever classy. (Brian is proud of this because I was essentially super nervous and speechless and he did not think it was possible for me to ever be speechless.)
Aloha, mahalo, namaste, OMG!