Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- THREE DAYS LEFT to complete your @nyrr Virtual Valentine's Duo 5K! (I'm doing mine tomorrow with Ellie! She doesn't… https://t.co/eI7OsvwJQ8 about 17 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- “Running made me better for our relationship outside of running. It gave me something to give to myself.” —Matt Pow… https://t.co/D02ghYtnM8 01:33:54 PM February 14, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- February 13, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 119: Love on the Run LIVE at New York Road Runners
- February 12, 2019 by AliI Love Love
- February 11, 2019 by Ali2 Years of the Ali on the Run Show
- February 7, 2019 by AliOn Exercise & Body Stuff After Baby
- February 6, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 118: A Message From Ali
“Are You Serious?!”
“Are you serious?!”
That was the second thing I said on Friday — on the top of a mountain in Oahu as the fiery sun was lighting up the Pacific Ocean — when Brian got down on one knee and asked me to marry him.
Eventually, after a sufficient amount of questioning him and freaking out and shedding a few very happy tears, I also said yes.
Beyond getting a lifelong duathlon relay partner and someone to obnoxiously ring a cowbell at every bike race, I’m not sure Brian knows what he’s in for. I give him a ton of credit for making this trip unbelievably special, and also for proposing in the 6 AM hour while I was wearing workout clothes. Because that seems about right, right? And then we got massages. And then we got cheeseburgers.
But seriously: Wicked excited, super surprised, very happy, and a little sunburned. More details to come if you’re into that sort of thing. But for now, back to basking in this vacation for the next few days.
And don’t tell my mom because she will yell at me, but the first thing I said when I realized Brian was proposing: “Shut the f*** up.” Forever classy. (Brian is proud of this because I was essentially super nervous and speechless and he did not think it was possible for me to ever be speechless.)
Aloha, mahalo, namaste, OMG!