Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- My favorite part of Monday morning is reading the super smart, wildly comprehensive @fast_women newsletter. Subscri… https://t.co/aq4gmw8i4b about 14 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- So cool to walk into lululemon gsplaza and see this (pink!) Ali on the Run display! Still processing Thursday’s gam… https://t.co/Zh6mhQXek2 06:45:36 PM July 20, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- July 17, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 158: Beatie Deutsch, National Marathon Champion of Israel
- July 17, 2019 by Ali9 Months of Annie
- July 14, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 157: Motherhood Mondays with Julia Berteletti and Laura Green
- July 10, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 156: Sarah MacKay Robinson, Elite Runner
- July 7, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 155: Motherhood Mondays with Dr. Molly Millwood, Clinical Psychologist
This Weekend By The Numbers
…because why use words when numbers will suffice?
10: Times I swore I was going to clean the apartment this weekend.
0: Things in the apartment that got cleaned.
5: Times I saw Buzunesh Deba, my favorite favorite favorite elite runner, training in Central Park Saturday.
7:30 PM: Time I started getting ready for bed Saturday night before realizing it was only 7:30 PM and that’s too early to go to bed.
20: Blocks I walked, round-trip, to delay my bedtime in pursuit of a tiny bit of fro-yo and a size-of-my-face dollop of hot fudge.
8:30 PM: Time I actually got into bed Saturday night.
11: Hours of sleep I got that night.
1: Number of times I screamed “Good luck!” at Jenny Simpson during her warm-up for the Fifth Avenue Mile (which she went on to win).
1: Number of times Jenny Simpson looked at me, smiled, and sweetly said, “Thank you!”
0: Number of times Jenny Simpson texted me after the race to plan a sleepover or rundate. Bummer.
1: Time I Skyped with Tyler, who is getting so unbelievably big, mostly in his head area and not so much in his tiny body area.
1: Surprise Ali Cake to wrap up the weekend.
0: Times I foam rolled. Oops.
And the most important, most magical, most special numbers of all…
20: Number of miles I ran Saturday.
8:45: Minutes per mile I averaged during that run.
26.2: The total number of miles I ran this weekend (the 20 strong-feeling miles Saturday followed by 6.2 sloggy miles Sunday). It’s also the number of miles I hope to run on November 3, 2013, from Staten Island, through Brooklyn, into Queens, over to Manhattan, through the Bronx for a bit and finally, a victory lap through Central Park.
I may get injured between now and then (see above note about lack of foam rolling).
I may get sick between now and then. I have no way of planning for that.
I don’t have a training plan, a coach or a running log. I don’t have a goal time and I don’t have a clue what “marathon goal pace” will or should be.
I don’t have expectations — only high hopes.
All I know is that if I can, I will.
GOT ANY IMPORTANT WEEKEND NUMBERS TO SHARE ON YOUR END? PR times? Miles run? Planking records? Number of cakes eaten? Shout ’em out!