Listen to the Ali on the Run Show on iTunes!
- August 31, 2017 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 40: Dr. Leah Lagos, Clinical Sport & Performance Psychologist
- August 3, 2017 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 39: Registered Dietitian Kelly Hogan
- July 18, 2017 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 38: I'm Back!
- June 20, 2017 by AliAn Update on the Crohn's Situation + Things I'm Loving Right Now
- June 15, 2017 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 37: Lindsey Hein, Host of the I'll Have Another Podcast
- October 26, 2012 by AliPlease Let Me Make Your Day (That Means A Giveaway!)
- June 15, 2012 by AliMonday. 9 AM. Get Sweaty. (And For Now: A Giveaway!)
- August 10, 2012 by AliTake My Sweat (It's A Giveaway & It's Not Gross)
- May 25, 2012 by AliDo You Want Free Sneakers? (Translation: A Giveaway!)
- July 9, 2013 by AliEmbrace The Sweat (An "I Heart Sweat" Shirt Giveaway!)
This Weekend By The Numbers
…because why use words when numbers will suffice?
10: Times I swore I was going to clean the apartment this weekend.
0: Things in the apartment that got cleaned.
5: Times I saw Buzunesh Deba, my favorite favorite favorite elite runner, training in Central Park Saturday.
7:30 PM: Time I started getting ready for bed Saturday night before realizing it was only 7:30 PM and that’s too early to go to bed.
20: Blocks I walked, round-trip, to delay my bedtime in pursuit of a tiny bit of fro-yo and a size-of-my-face dollop of hot fudge.
8:30 PM: Time I actually got into bed Saturday night.
11: Hours of sleep I got that night.
1: Number of times I screamed “Good luck!” at Jenny Simpson during her warm-up for the Fifth Avenue Mile (which she went on to win).
1: Number of times Jenny Simpson looked at me, smiled, and sweetly said, “Thank you!”
0: Number of times Jenny Simpson texted me after the race to plan a sleepover or rundate. Bummer.
1: Time I Skyped with Tyler, who is getting so unbelievably big, mostly in his head area and not so much in his tiny body area.
1: Surprise Ali Cake to wrap up the weekend.
0: Times I foam rolled. Oops.
And the most important, most magical, most special numbers of all…
20: Number of miles I ran Saturday.
8:45: Minutes per mile I averaged during that run.
26.2: The total number of miles I ran this weekend (the 20 strong-feeling miles Saturday followed by 6.2 sloggy miles Sunday). It’s also the number of miles I hope to run on November 3, 2013, from Staten Island, through Brooklyn, into Queens, over to Manhattan, through the Bronx for a bit and finally, a victory lap through Central Park.
I may get injured between now and then (see above note about lack of foam rolling).
I may get sick between now and then. I have no way of planning for that.
I don’t have a training plan, a coach or a running log. I don’t have a goal time and I don’t have a clue what “marathon goal pace” will or should be.
I don’t have expectations — only high hopes.
All I know is that if I can, I will.
GOT ANY IMPORTANT WEEKEND NUMBERS TO SHARE ON YOUR END? PR times? Miles run? Planking records? Number of cakes eaten? Shout ’em out!