Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- HEY BOSTON! https://t.co/0WKhOcCcnC about 22 minutes ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- HEY BOSTON! What do you get when you put four running podcasters in a room together and give them all microphones?… https://t.co/eQVY0ytuCu about 54 minutes ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Couldn't make it to the live show this weekend? Listen to it here! https://t.co/dVZ5bSenCD 07:44:37 AM March 20, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Baby’s first wink! Today was a day. And instead of dwelling on the stressful, the negative, the downright frustrat… https://t.co/QuTl5JB3Wz 09:55:33 PM March 19, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- March 19, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 129: LIVE at the United Airlines NYC Half
- March 19, 2019 by AliUnited Airlines NYC Half 2019 Recap
- March 12, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 128: Ali & the Experts Week with Dr. Nicole Detling, Sports Psychologist
- March 11, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 127: Ali & the Experts Week with Dr. Rachel Nazarian, Dermatologist
- March 10, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 126: Ali & the Experts Week with Shannon McLay, Founder of The Financial Gym
This Weekend By The Numbers
…because why use words when numbers will suffice?
10: Times I swore I was going to clean the apartment this weekend.
0: Things in the apartment that got cleaned.
5: Times I saw Buzunesh Deba, my favorite favorite favorite elite runner, training in Central Park Saturday.
7:30 PM: Time I started getting ready for bed Saturday night before realizing it was only 7:30 PM and that’s too early to go to bed.
20: Blocks I walked, round-trip, to delay my bedtime in pursuit of a tiny bit of fro-yo and a size-of-my-face dollop of hot fudge.
8:30 PM: Time I actually got into bed Saturday night.
11: Hours of sleep I got that night.
1: Number of times I screamed “Good luck!” at Jenny Simpson during her warm-up for the Fifth Avenue Mile (which she went on to win).
1: Number of times Jenny Simpson looked at me, smiled, and sweetly said, “Thank you!”
0: Number of times Jenny Simpson texted me after the race to plan a sleepover or rundate. Bummer.
1: Time I Skyped with Tyler, who is getting so unbelievably big, mostly in his head area and not so much in his tiny body area.
1: Surprise Ali Cake to wrap up the weekend.
0: Times I foam rolled. Oops.
And the most important, most magical, most special numbers of all…
20: Number of miles I ran Saturday.
8:45: Minutes per mile I averaged during that run.
26.2: The total number of miles I ran this weekend (the 20 strong-feeling miles Saturday followed by 6.2 sloggy miles Sunday). It’s also the number of miles I hope to run on November 3, 2013, from Staten Island, through Brooklyn, into Queens, over to Manhattan, through the Bronx for a bit and finally, a victory lap through Central Park.
I may get injured between now and then (see above note about lack of foam rolling).
I may get sick between now and then. I have no way of planning for that.
I don’t have a training plan, a coach or a running log. I don’t have a goal time and I don’t have a clue what “marathon goal pace” will or should be.
I don’t have expectations — only high hopes.
All I know is that if I can, I will.
GOT ANY IMPORTANT WEEKEND NUMBERS TO SHARE ON YOUR END? PR times? Miles run? Planking records? Number of cakes eaten? Shout ’em out!