Listen to the Ali on the Run Show on iTunes!
- Sending love to NYC. <3 about 20 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Running this weekend? Take @Abby_NYC & me with you! You'll learn! You'll laugh! You'll get stronger & faster! https://t.co/QMPaYNzT18 07:43:24 PM December 08, 2017 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Also Karla Johnson, Karen Hildebrand, & Kate Lydon — the three women who believed a 25-year-old could become an edi… https://t.co/B62UZNv5qj 05:12:52 PM December 08, 2017 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- December 6, 2017 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 49: Abby Bales, Founder of Reform Physical Therapy
- December 4, 2017 by AliMaking It Count
- November 29, 2017 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 48: Sally Bergesen, CEO & Founder of Oiselle
- November 22, 2017 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 47: Brian Cristiano's Great Turkey Trot of 2014
- November 16, 2017 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 46: Allie Kieffer
- October 26, 2012 by AliPlease Let Me Make Your Day (That Means A Giveaway!)
- June 15, 2012 by AliMonday. 9 AM. Get Sweaty. (And For Now: A Giveaway!)
- August 10, 2012 by AliTake My Sweat (It's A Giveaway & It's Not Gross)
- May 25, 2012 by AliDo You Want Free Sneakers? (Translation: A Giveaway!)
- July 9, 2013 by AliEmbrace The Sweat (An "I Heart Sweat" Shirt Giveaway!)
Overheard In Central Park
The scene: A bustling Central Park on Saturday morning. The sun is shining and temperatures are hovering in the 40s. Runners are flooding the paths (and taking over the bike lanes — come on runners, wise up and move in or don’t complain about the riders!) and cyclists are speeding by.
As I cruise (crawl) around the southeast corner of the park and begin to head north, I overhear — even over the blasting volume coming from my old-school Sony headphones — two very excitable women on the run having what seems to be a heated conversation.
“Runners are so snotty!” the runner woman on the outside says.
Inside woman does not respond.
Ali slows her power crawl to a normal crawl, taps down the volume of the Beyoncé and decides to do a bit of investigative eavesdropping.
“Everyone’s like, ‘A marathon is only a marathon if it’s 26 miles!’ Since when? A marathon is a marathon, whether it’s a 5K or a loop of Central Park! People think it’s about the distance, not the work you put into it.”
Ali smiles and picks it back up to a power crawl.
She’s got a marathon to finish up, after all.
Happy Monday! I hope you all had awesome marathons this weekend!