Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- February 14, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 60: Emma Coburn
- February 12, 2018 by AliThings I Think About A Lot
- February 11, 2018 by AliYear 1 on the Run
- February 7, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 59: Emily Saul, Co-Leader of November Project Boston
- January 31, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 58: Theodora Blanchfield of Preppy Runner
- October 26, 2012 by AliPlease Let Me Make Your Day (That Means A Giveaway!)
- June 15, 2012 by AliMonday. 9 AM. Get Sweaty. (And For Now: A Giveaway!)
- August 10, 2012 by AliTake My Sweat (It's A Giveaway & It's Not Gross)
- May 25, 2012 by AliDo You Want Free Sneakers? (Translation: A Giveaway!)
- July 9, 2013 by AliEmbrace The Sweat (An "I Heart Sweat" Shirt Giveaway!)
Overheard In Central Park
The scene: A bustling Central Park on Saturday morning. The sun is shining and temperatures are hovering in the 40s. Runners are flooding the paths (and taking over the bike lanes — come on runners, wise up and move in or don’t complain about the riders!) and cyclists are speeding by.
As I cruise (crawl) around the southeast corner of the park and begin to head north, I overhear — even over the blasting volume coming from my old-school Sony headphones — two very excitable women on the run having what seems to be a heated conversation.
“Runners are so snotty!” the runner woman on the outside says.
Inside woman does not respond.
Ali slows her power crawl to a normal crawl, taps down the volume of the Beyoncé and decides to do a bit of investigative eavesdropping.
“Everyone’s like, ‘A marathon is only a marathon if it’s 26 miles!’ Since when? A marathon is a marathon, whether it’s a 5K or a loop of Central Park! People think it’s about the distance, not the work you put into it.”
Ali smiles and picks it back up to a power crawl.
She’s got a marathon to finish up, after all.
Happy Monday! I hope you all had awesome marathons this weekend!