Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- First Trimester: ✔️ . #14weeks #pregnancy #babyontherun #bumpie #firsttrimester @ West New York,… https://t.co/0cuEqM1k5L about 44 minutes ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- https://t.co/NKsyyNNq5O about 2 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- New post: 14 weeks down, six months to go! https://t.co/TYRHJO0Q8R about 10 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- April 24, 2018 by AliBaby on the Run: Week 13
- April 18, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 69: Sarah Sellers, 2nd Female at the 2018 Boston Marathon
- April 18, 2018 by AliBaby on the Run: Week 12
- April 17, 2018 by AliBoston Marathon Inspiration & The Women I Admire
- April 11, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 68: We're Having a Baby!
Overheard In Central Park
The scene: A bustling Central Park on Saturday morning. The sun is shining and temperatures are hovering in the 40s. Runners are flooding the paths (and taking over the bike lanes — come on runners, wise up and move in or don’t complain about the riders!) and cyclists are speeding by.
As I cruise (crawl) around the southeast corner of the park and begin to head north, I overhear — even over the blasting volume coming from my old-school Sony headphones — two very excitable women on the run having what seems to be a heated conversation.
“Runners are so snotty!” the runner woman on the outside says.
Inside woman does not respond.
Ali slows her power crawl to a normal crawl, taps down the volume of the Beyoncé and decides to do a bit of investigative eavesdropping.
“Everyone’s like, ‘A marathon is only a marathon if it’s 26 miles!’ Since when? A marathon is a marathon, whether it’s a 5K or a loop of Central Park! People think it’s about the distance, not the work you put into it.”
Ali smiles and picks it back up to a power crawl.
She’s got a marathon to finish up, after all.
Happy Monday! I hope you all had awesome marathons this weekend!