- Ellie's @FitnessMagazine debut! She's a model! (But seriously, people. Give your bodies some rest. And adopt a pup!) https://t.co/W72J5aKdIG about 16 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Robin Roberts was the 2nd person to call 911 after the plane crashed into the Hudson in 2009. SHE IS AMAZING. I love her. about 21 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- How am I STILL not feeling back to normal?? This food poisoning thing is some bullshit. about 22 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #TBT to the best breakfast surprise ever. #giraffemanor #photobomb #SURPRISE @ Giraffe Manor https://t.co/FCIQEvonWn about 22 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- October 26, 2012 by AliPlease Let Me Make Your Day (That Means A Giveaway!)
- June 15, 2012 by AliMonday. 9 AM. Get Sweaty. (And For Now: A Giveaway!)
- August 10, 2012 by AliTake My Sweat (It's A Giveaway & It's Not Gross)
- May 25, 2012 by AliDo You Want Free Sneakers? (Translation: A Giveaway!)
- July 9, 2013 by AliEmbrace The Sweat (An "I Heart Sweat" Shirt Giveaway!)
- June 29, 2016 by AliDon't Get Food Poisoning
- June 17, 2016 by AliFridays With Gap-Toothed Ellie
- June 16, 2016 by AliThankful Things Thursday: For When We Really Need It
- June 13, 2016 by AliNYRR New York Mini 10K Recap
- June 6, 2016 by AliWhat I'm Watching, Writing, Reading, Eating, Loving, & Listening To Lately
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
Thankful Things Thursday: On Love, Baby Carrots & Sweatshirts
Oh, Crohn’s. You just don’t want to let up, do you?
Fortunately, I can put up a pretty strong fight. So I may be slightly sidelined from life today, but tomorrow’s a new one, and I’m here to make the best of how I’m feeling today. Which is awesome.
No, I don’t feel awesome. I feel awful.
But I also feel thankful. Being sick always brings out my extra grateful side.
So let’s get our holiday on!
I’m thankful that, after roughly 356 years, my parents are still so much in love. They met in first grade (my mom says they didn’t meet until seventh grade, but my dad swears otherwise), went to their high school prom together, hitch-hiked to see each other when they went to separate colleges (OK, my dad did the hitch-hiking…my mom waited by the dorm phone for him to call) and then, at 23 got married and at 25 and again at 27 had two beautiful children.
Their love story was cute from the start, and growing up as part of a loving family was a wonderful experience. I feel so lucky to have to happy lovey people setting a great example for me every day.
I’m thankful for the show “Parenthood.” I’m still watching a lot of it. I’m halfway through Season 3 and I really can’t stand at least half of the characters, but it’s fine. I like Amber. And Jabbar. And Joel is dull, but hot. You can be a boring person if you’re very, very good looking.
I’m thankful for baby carrots. They are delicious, but also hilarious.
I’m thankful for emails from my 88-year-old grandmother. She’s the one we call Honey, and she sends the best emails. She’s unintentionally funny, and today I’d like to share an excerpt from her latest letter:
I’m thankful I’m surrounded by such inspiring people. I know so many young entrepreneurs, business owners and big dreamers and their drive rubs off on me daily.
I’m thankful for my bed. I want to stay there forever.
I’m thankful for cozy sweatshirts. Particularly ones that come in very bright colors.
I’m thankful spring is right around the corner. It is, right? And this weekend is Daylight Savings Time, which I think is terrible. The mornings will be very dark again, yeah?
I’m thankful for how awesome the bottom of the dress looks in this photo:
And this photo:
I don’t know why that’s something I’m thankful for. I just think the dress looks cool. And I thought I would share that with you.
I’m thankful everyone I work with bought Girl Scout Cookies. I’m also thankful they let me eat all of them. I’m a Tagalong girl all the way.
I’m thankful I got to ski this year. I thought I’d get out “almost every weekend,” but in reality I only went once. Sounds about right. But it was in Colorado and so in my mind that counts for about four eastern ski weekends.
I’m thankful I remembered to be thankful for running earlier in the week. I didn’t run yesterday and the odds of it happening today are hovering around zero. But I got to run on Monday and Tuesday, so that was nice! And I remember enjoying it and feeling happy about it, so no complaints over here.
Clearly today’s thankful list is a bit simple and boring. I’m sorry. My creative juices are on hold while my digestive system is busy deteriorating.
FILL MY CREATIVE VOID: What are you thankful for today that’s clever?