- Parents are here for Thanksgiving. Instead of cooking the elaborate meal I promised, I got drunk & ate chips. about 19 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- "Oh Road Trip is on! Is that movie any good?" —Mom 09:43:09 PM November 26, 2014 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Evidently my parents have never heard Adam Sandler's Thanksgiving Song. Haven't heard them giggle like this in a long time. 09:22:44 PM November 26, 2014 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- October 26, 2012 by AliPlease Let Me Make Your Day (That Means A Giveaway!)
- June 15, 2012 by AliMonday. 9 AM. Get Sweaty. (And For Now: A Giveaway!)
- August 10, 2012 by AliTake My Sweat (It's A Giveaway & It's Not Gross)
- May 25, 2012 by AliDo You Want Free Sneakers? (Translation: A Giveaway!)
- July 9, 2013 by AliEmbrace The Sweat (An "I Heart Sweat" Shirt Giveaway!)
- November 21, 2014 by AliDon't You Forget About Me
- November 5, 2014 by Ali“This Isn’t Steamtown”: My New York City Marathon 2014 Recap
- October 21, 2014 by Ali10 Reasons The Runner's World Half Marathon & Festival Was Wonderful (Plus A Giveaway!)
- October 15, 2014 by AliSteamtown Marathon Recap
- October 11, 2014 by AliOne More Day I Get To Run
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
Loving Not Running
First most important thing: Today is the last day to order I Heart Sweat shirts in order to ensure delivery by Christmas morning. So if you’re thinking the perfect present for your aunt, uncle, cousin, sister, brother or Jewish step-cousin is a sweat-loving piece of Dry-Fit, I suggest you get on it. Click here to place your order. Have a blast.
There are still plenty of size and color options left for men and women. But remember: You snooze…
Unless you’re Tyler. Tyler never loses.
In other news, Zero Week is going great. As much as I always preach about loving running, right now I’m here to preach about loving not running.
I realize it’s only been three days out of the Brooks and away from the Bridle, but so far so good. For the most part, I haven’t missed running or craved it or been dying to get out there.
I attribute my enjoyment of this week so far to the fact that I very clearly needed this mileage hiatus.
Not running on Monday was easy. It was my first mile-less day in a while and I knew I wanted it and needed it.
Not running on Tuesday was easy, too, even when I read this from my friends in midtown:
Then Wednesday arrived. I was tired this morning, but I was signed up for a spin class. It was one of the toughest classes I’ve ever taken. I pranced out of the spin room (prance is a strong word — “limped and whined and dripped pools of sweat everywhere on my way out” is a more accurate description) thinking that was way more fun than running in the cold.
My first “I miss running a tiny bit” twinge came soon thereafter, though, when I read this Tweet:
For a split second I was like, “ME, DEANNA! ME! I WILL RUN 12 MILES TODAY!”
But I got over it pretty fast.
I know 12.12.12 will never happen again in my lifetime.
I also know that this break is so good for me right now, and it’s going to be so good for me in the days, weeks and months of running to come.
I may not run on this oh-so-special numerical day.
I may also opt out of signing up for the billions of races that are offering deals today…
…but I’ll sign up when I’m ready. And I’m just not ready yet.
I’m liking this.
BUT I KNOW YOU’RE STILL OUT THERE RUNNING AND RACING: Are you signing up for anything today? It seems like everyone is offering a deal here, a sale there, a giveaway and a puppy. No, just kidding. I would definitely enter a puppy giveaway. But really, tell me: Have you committed to any late winter or spring races?