Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- March 19, 2018 by AliA Day in the Life of a Freelance Writer & Podcast Host
- March 14, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 64: Des Linden
- March 7, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 63: Dr. Meggie Q&A Part II: Fertility, Infertility, Labor, Delivery, & Advice
- March 1, 2018 by Ali11 Reasons I Loved February
- February 28, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 62: Gabe Grunewald, Professional Runner & 4-Time Cancer Survivor
- October 26, 2012 by AliPlease Let Me Make Your Day (That Means A Giveaway!)
- June 15, 2012 by AliMonday. 9 AM. Get Sweaty. (And For Now: A Giveaway!)
- August 10, 2012 by AliTake My Sweat (It's A Giveaway & It's Not Gross)
- May 25, 2012 by AliDo You Want Free Sneakers? (Translation: A Giveaway!)
- July 9, 2013 by AliEmbrace The Sweat (An "I Heart Sweat" Shirt Giveaway!)
'Tis The Season To Be Giving (So How About An "I Heart Sweat" Shirt Giveaway?)
I’m not going to dance around today and put on a show with my words and my ramblings.
The holiday season makes me want to bestow unto people mass quantities of stuff.
I’ve always said it’s more fun to give than to receive. I love picking out gifts for people and I always get excited when I find that “perfect something” for someone. Like that time last year when, for Christmas, I gave my dad a hug. He said it was all he had ever wanted in his life.
Gift giving is the best. You can’t put a price on that (except apparently, according to my overdrawn checking account, you can put a very specific price on gift giving).
In the spirit of the cheerful season, I’m here to give you a little something.
I am giving away one “I Heart Sweat” shirt. Why? Why now, you ask?
Well first, I just told you.
Because it’s Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanzaa time, and with that I choose to get gifty.
But also for a few other reasons:
- December 1 — that’s tomorrow — kicks off Crohn’s & Colitis Awareness Week. This is an actual thing. The senate made it legit last year. This weekend is the Rock N Roll Las Vegas Marathon & Half Marathon benefiting the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation, so that’s cool, too. I’ve run the race twice with Team Challenge, CCFA’s endurance team. You may remember how that race went for me last year. We don’t need to relive it. But you also may remember that a portion of all sales from the “I Heart Sweat” shirts goes to the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation. That’s why I started selling them in the first place.
- I have more shirts for sale! I know, finally. On Monday, December 3, at 12 PM EST, another round of selling will begin at iheartsweatapparel.com. And I kicked it up a notch this time. More colors! More sizes! The return of the long-sleeved shirts! All orders placed by Friday, December 7, will arrive in time for Christmas. Get on it, because I can think of no greater gift for your grandfather than a sweet new shirt proclaiming his adoration for perspiration.
So now you know: Crohn’s and colitis are things that are bad, and if you want an “I Heart Sweat” shirt you can buy one starting Monday.
Or you can try to get one now.
I’m giving away one shirt of your choosing. Boy shirts, girl shirts, short sleeves, long sleeves (for women only), in whatever color I have that you want.
Entering, as always, is easy.
I’ll preface the rules with a story: When I was 7, I got the most amazing Christmas present of all-time. I was in my little Christmas PJs and probably hadn’t brushed my teeth, and I walked downstairs and there, all lit up with Christmas lights, was a massive, two-story (plus an attic), fully-furnished dollhouse for my collection of 800 (slight exaggeration) Barbies. The best part? My dad built it. The rooms had real flooring and wallpaper, there was a yard behind the house with that green astroturf stuff and chaise lounges, and there was a balcony in the front where Barbie stood, waving to a very shocking and excited Young Ali.
Don’t worry — my parents have the whole “surprise” experience on video. I flipped out when I found out my dad built the whole thing and didn’t buy it at Target. We didn’t even have a Target where I grew up.
That present was amazing and it’s the gift I’ll always remember as “the best one ever.” That dollhouse still exists in my mom and dad’s basement. Last year my dad said he wanted to make a project of “fixing it up,” but I’m pretty sure that went about as well as my “cook saffron risotto” New Year’s Resolution.
Years after the dollhouse had moved from the center of the living room to the basement, I got another “best present ever” without even realizing it. I was in college and my aunt and uncle — the ones I feel I know the least and hardly ever see — got me a nail clipper travel kit. You open the zipper on the folding case and there are two sets of nail clippers, a nail file (on my list of “greatest fears,” after hairless cats but before Stonehenge) and one of those flat tools you use to shove your cuticles down.
It probably cost them $5 on sale at Bath & Body Works, but I still have it and I use that thing all the time. It was the most useful gift ever.
My dad is probably a little pissed right now that nail clippers rank almost as high on my list of favorite things as the dollhouse he spent months crafting with his bare hands.
A good thing for me to do right now would be to stop talking and get to the rules.
HOW TO ENTER THE “I HEART SWEAT” SHIRT GIVEAWAY: Leave a comment on this post telling me the greatest gift you’ve ever given and/or received. Did you buy something that blew the receiver’s fuzzy socks off? Or maybe you found something under the tree or by the menorah that made you weep happy tears.
(I’m definitely not asking you to do this for selfish reasons…it’s not like I still need ideas for my brother, sister-in-law and grandmother…)
I’ll draw a winner Monday at 8 AM EST, so you have all weekend to enter.
Good luck and happy weekend sweating!