- This just in. Hawaii Part II: Maui, now up on Ali On The Run. Then maybe I'll talk about something… http://t.co/kkhLxEXR2B 04:33:19 PM December 18, 2014 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- New post: Hawaii Part II! Five days in Maui. Post basically sponsored by champagne. http://t.co/mP1aEK2q4Q 02:02:02 PM December 18, 2014 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Hawaii Part I: Oahu, now on the blog. Spoiler: It ends well. http://t.co/NmRtfaIars 07:10:03 PM December 17, 2014 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- October 26, 2012 by AliPlease Let Me Make Your Day (That Means A Giveaway!)
- June 15, 2012 by AliMonday. 9 AM. Get Sweaty. (And For Now: A Giveaway!)
- August 10, 2012 by AliTake My Sweat (It's A Giveaway & It's Not Gross)
- May 25, 2012 by AliDo You Want Free Sneakers? (Translation: A Giveaway!)
- July 9, 2013 by AliEmbrace The Sweat (An "I Heart Sweat" Shirt Giveaway!)
- December 18, 2014 by AliHawaii Part II: Maui!
- December 17, 2014 by AliHawaii Part I: Oahu
- December 8, 2014 by Ali“Are You Serious?!”
- November 21, 2014 by AliDon't You Forget About Me
- November 5, 2014 by Ali“This Isn’t Steamtown”: My New York City Marathon 2014 Recap
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
My New York City Marathon Playlist
Hey storm troopers!
In true “the week before the New York City Marathon” fashion (remember the freak Halloween Snowtober thing last year?), there’s a heck of a storm blazing through the area. Hurricane Sandy is here, and she’s crazy!
But while the sideways rain and “don’t go up to your roof to watch or I’ll blow you down to the ground” wind may stop me from running as planned tomorrow, Sandy isn’t slowing down my enthusiasm for this race coming up on Sunday.
It’s Race Week!
Now, in case you’re just dying to know about my weekend, I will tell you about it briefly.
First, Brian and I were honored by the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation.
The night was fun and despite my initial hesitation, it really was an honor to be honored. Brian spoke before handing the microphone off to me, and that little jerk got me all choked up when he told the crowd about how we fell in love…and now I Crohn’s all the time.
Also on Friday: Tyler modeled his Halloween costume. He’s a cow.
It was pretty great sleeping in on Saturday since I only had to run eight miles. I got ready slowly and eventually hit up Central Park, which was completely packed and absolutely beautiful.
The run was fine and uneventful. I ended up getting another pair of new shoes on Friday (at this point, I’m single-handedly paying a full salary for at least one JackRabbit employee…) and they’re finally, I think, the shoes I should be running in. I’ve gone down a full shoe size since the beginning of the year, and my feet feel good and snug — but not “I’m going to get black toenails” tight — in my new little size sevens. Ideally I would’ve had more time before the race to get used to the shoes, but whatever.
Brian and I did some heavy cleaning Saturday and then went to a dinner party with new friends. On Sunday, I ran some more little miles and cheered for the Poland Spring Kickoff racers in the park with Erica Sara.
I spent the rest of the day Sunday with Coach Cane, Nicole and Simon. Oh man, Simon. He can crawl like a maniac and can even walk now. It’s insane. Coach Cane and Nicole gave me some always-needed guidance for the marathon. More on that later this week.
For now, how about some tunes for your downloading pleasure?
I don’t really anticipate listening to music for most of the New York City Marathon, but I do want to have the option of rocking out, especially on the Queensboro Bridge where I won’t have loud crowds screaming into my ears.
So here you go:
And how about a giveaway winner?
Woo! You’ve won a Lululemon shopping spree…valued at $50! Go crazy with it! And also please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your mailing address so I can get the gift card off to you as soon as Sandy lets me out.
(Most popular answers for what makes you happy, by the way, were puppies and coffee. Love those priorities, people!)
Have a great day, stay safe and get ready for a full week of reading “I’m obsessed with the marathon”-related posts here at Ali On The Run!