Listen to the Ali on the Run Show on iTunes!
- August 3, 2017 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 39: Registered Dietitian Kelly Hogan
- July 18, 2017 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 38: I'm Back!
- June 20, 2017 by AliAn Update on the Crohn's Situation + Things I'm Loving Right Now
- June 15, 2017 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 37: Lindsey Hein, Host of the I'll Have Another Podcast
- June 13, 2017 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 36: My Least Favorite Motivational Phrases
- October 26, 2012 by AliPlease Let Me Make Your Day (That Means A Giveaway!)
- June 15, 2012 by AliMonday. 9 AM. Get Sweaty. (And For Now: A Giveaway!)
- August 10, 2012 by AliTake My Sweat (It's A Giveaway & It's Not Gross)
- May 25, 2012 by AliDo You Want Free Sneakers? (Translation: A Giveaway!)
- July 9, 2013 by AliEmbrace The Sweat (An "I Heart Sweat" Shirt Giveaway!)
My New York City Marathon Playlist
Hey storm troopers!
In true “the week before the New York City Marathon” fashion (remember the freak Halloween Snowtober thing last year?), there’s a heck of a storm blazing through the area. Hurricane Sandy is here, and she’s crazy!
But while the sideways rain and “don’t go up to your roof to watch or I’ll blow you down to the ground” wind may stop me from running as planned tomorrow, Sandy isn’t slowing down my enthusiasm for this race coming up on Sunday.
It’s Race Week!
Now, in case you’re just dying to know about my weekend, I will tell you about it briefly.
First, Brian and I were honored by the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation.
The night was fun and despite my initial hesitation, it really was an honor to be honored. Brian spoke before handing the microphone off to me, and that little jerk got me all choked up when he told the crowd about how we fell in love…and now I Crohn’s all the time.
Also on Friday: Tyler modeled his Halloween costume. He’s a cow.
It was pretty great sleeping in on Saturday since I only had to run eight miles. I got ready slowly and eventually hit up Central Park, which was completely packed and absolutely beautiful.
The run was fine and uneventful. I ended up getting another pair of new shoes on Friday (at this point, I’m single-handedly paying a full salary for at least one JackRabbit employee…) and they’re finally, I think, the shoes I should be running in. I’ve gone down a full shoe size since the beginning of the year, and my feet feel good and snug — but not “I’m going to get black toenails” tight — in my new little size sevens. Ideally I would’ve had more time before the race to get used to the shoes, but whatever.
Brian and I did some heavy cleaning Saturday and then went to a dinner party with new friends. On Sunday, I ran some more little miles and cheered for the Poland Spring Kickoff racers in the park with Erica Sara.
I spent the rest of the day Sunday with Coach Cane, Nicole and Simon. Oh man, Simon. He can crawl like a maniac and can even walk now. It’s insane. Coach Cane and Nicole gave me some always-needed guidance for the marathon. More on that later this week.
For now, how about some tunes for your downloading pleasure?
I don’t really anticipate listening to music for most of the New York City Marathon, but I do want to have the option of rocking out, especially on the Queensboro Bridge where I won’t have loud crowds screaming into my ears.
So here you go:
And how about a giveaway winner?
Woo! You’ve won a Lululemon shopping spree…valued at $50! Go crazy with it! And also please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your mailing address so I can get the gift card off to you as soon as Sandy lets me out.
(Most popular answers for what makes you happy, by the way, were puppies and coffee. Love those priorities, people!)
Have a great day, stay safe and get ready for a full week of reading “I’m obsessed with the marathon”-related posts here at Ali On The Run!