Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- I just felt like running! I don’t think that pace is quite accurate, and I made a handful of bathroom stops, plus… https://t.co/50UduIDrye 11:12:19 AM September 21, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- This picture is from the summer of 2013. I was SO sick that summer. It was the hardest summer of my life. My Crohn’… https://t.co/LhMEKhc3WX 08:06:56 PM September 19, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- September 18, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 174: A Behind-the-Scenes Look at the Ali on the Run Show
- September 16, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 173: You Can Run a Marathon with Dawn Grunnagle
- September 11, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 172: Amanda Nurse, Elite Marathoner for adidas
- September 9, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 171: You Can Run a Marathon with Molly Bookmyer
- September 8, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 170: LIVE at NYRR RunnerCon with Nikki Hiltz & Allie Ostrander
My New York City Marathon Playlist
Hey storm troopers!
In true “the week before the New York City Marathon” fashion (remember the freak Halloween Snowtober thing last year?), there’s a heck of a storm blazing through the area. Hurricane Sandy is here, and she’s crazy!
But while the sideways rain and “don’t go up to your roof to watch or I’ll blow you down to the ground” wind may stop me from running as planned tomorrow, Sandy isn’t slowing down my enthusiasm for this race coming up on Sunday.
It’s Race Week!
Now, in case you’re just dying to know about my weekend, I will tell you about it briefly.
First, Brian and I were honored by the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation.
The night was fun and despite my initial hesitation, it really was an honor to be honored. Brian spoke before handing the microphone off to me, and that little jerk got me all choked up when he told the crowd about how we fell in love…and now I Crohn’s all the time.
Also on Friday: Tyler modeled his Halloween costume. He’s a cow.
It was pretty great sleeping in on Saturday since I only had to run eight miles. I got ready slowly and eventually hit up Central Park, which was completely packed and absolutely beautiful.
The run was fine and uneventful. I ended up getting another pair of new shoes on Friday (at this point, I’m single-handedly paying a full salary for at least one JackRabbit employee…) and they’re finally, I think, the shoes I should be running in. I’ve gone down a full shoe size since the beginning of the year, and my feet feel good and snug — but not “I’m going to get black toenails” tight — in my new little size sevens. Ideally I would’ve had more time before the race to get used to the shoes, but whatever.
Brian and I did some heavy cleaning Saturday and then went to a dinner party with new friends. On Sunday, I ran some more little miles and cheered for the Poland Spring Kickoff racers in the park with Erica Sara.
I spent the rest of the day Sunday with Coach Cane, Nicole and Simon. Oh man, Simon. He can crawl like a maniac and can even walk now. It’s insane. Coach Cane and Nicole gave me some always-needed guidance for the marathon. More on that later this week.
For now, how about some tunes for your downloading pleasure?
I don’t really anticipate listening to music for most of the New York City Marathon, but I do want to have the option of rocking out, especially on the Queensboro Bridge where I won’t have loud crowds screaming into my ears.
So here you go:
And how about a giveaway winner?
Woo! You’ve won a Lululemon shopping spree…valued at $50! Go crazy with it! And also please email me at email@example.com with your mailing address so I can get the gift card off to you as soon as Sandy lets me out.
(Most popular answers for what makes you happy, by the way, were puppies and coffee. Love those priorities, people!)
Have a great day, stay safe and get ready for a full week of reading “I’m obsessed with the marathon”-related posts here at Ali On The Run!