Follow Me - AliOnTheRun1
- Four hours tequila drinking + four hours sleep = probs gonna barf at @Nov_Project_NYC this AM. about 4 hours ago
- Brian is traveling for work all week. I decided to replace him with basically the same thing. (But… http://t.co/32mNNzU7UB 07:51:38 AM July 24, 2014
- Brian is out of town. So I decided to hang on a park bench with his lookalike while he's gone. http://t.co/QBLezEnNJv 09:30:26 AM July 23, 2014
- October 26, 2012 by AliPlease Let Me Make Your Day (That Means A Giveaway!)
- June 15, 2012 by AliMonday. 9 AM. Get Sweaty. (And For Now: A Giveaway!)
- August 10, 2012 by AliTake My Sweat (It's A Giveaway & It's Not Gross)
- May 25, 2012 by AliDo You Want Free Sneakers? (Translation: A Giveaway!)
- July 9, 2013 by AliEmbrace The Sweat (An "I Heart Sweat" Shirt Giveaway!)
- July 8, 2014 by AliAdjustments
- June 23, 2014 by AliFairfield Half Marathon Recap
- June 17, 2014 by AliPerplexing Thoughts
- June 11, 2014 by AliWhy I'm So Glad I Gave The November Project A Second Shot
- May 30, 2014 by Ali21 Questions
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
Please Let Me Make Your Day (That Means A Giveaway!)
A rhyming title!
I’ve been in weird, hazy funk this week.
I don’t know if it’s the lack of running miles, the lack of sweating in general or the fact that instead of gunning for 8 hours of sleep a night, I’m cutting back on my shut-eye in favor of extra hours at the office. It’s a really good taper strategy, I know!
It’s just the usual stress, anxiety and “no time, there’s never any time” stuff that’s getting me worked up, and when my alarm went off at the blissfully late hour of 6:30 this morning, I took one look at the still-dark sky and just about threw my beeping phone out the window.
But that would’ve sucked. I can’t really buy a new phone right now. And then I would have missed getting a “Good morning, Auntie Ali” text from this little nudist:
So I “slept in” because today is a rest day, and made it to the office before 8 AM.
The great news is that I’m filled with Remicade today!
I got doped up for the first time at the Mount Sinai infusion suite yesterday and I’m a big fan. It was so much more efficient than my last hospital. My appointment was at 11:30, and by 11:32 I was semi-painlessly hooked up to my IV and already fighting through the Benadryl powers so I could get work done instead of giving in to the Remicade nap.
And yet, at 2:30 PM, the nurse was shaking me to wake up.
Benadryl, you win again.
So a big high five for Mount Sinai. My doctor even stopped in to check on me and see how I was doing, and I had to hold back from kissing him because I was so happy. My last doctor couldn’t even remember my name. He certainly didn’t “just pop in” to chat about my insides.
Last night I was invited to join the nice ladies at Lululemon’s Madison Avenue store, where I got to try stuff on and then give feedback about the products. The group I was with went for a run, but I didn’t want to run after getting Remicade, so I went to Central Park and cheered them on.
Then we reconvened at the store for snacks (they had carrots and hummus — I wanted steak and brownies, but I don’t think that’s Lululemon’s style…bummer) and to talk about how the store can better extend its reach in the local community.
Translation: I got a free jacket in exchange for a 3-hour chat session.
But even with a sweet new zip-up in my possession, I still woke up this morning feeling “meh.” I’m a writer, and that’s as descriptive as I can get with words today.
My go-to, foolproof method for cheering myself up is, in turn, cheering up someone else.
I’m not going to give you my jacket, because I like to think I earned it with my excessive clapping and sheer enthusiasm toward standing in Central Park — in the dark — while other people got to run and I did not.
But how about a little something else?
I will be completely honest: When I was at Lululemon last night, I felt weirdly guilty. I didn’t have any brilliant ideas for community outreach and I didn’t even participate in the group run. So why should I get the fun stuff?
What’s more fun, I think, is giving back.
I wouldn’t have been at Lululemon if i didn’t have this blog, and you people are the ones reading it and thus, you rule the world. Basically. For that, I thank you. Thank you for reading, thank you for your comments, thank you for the feedback, encouragement, motivation and openness. Love you.
So from my wallet to yours, how about a Lululemon gift card? The gift card is a $50 value and is good in stores, online and at the Lululemon outlet stores.
I want you to have it.
Buy yourself something nice…like a new sock. (Because let’s be honest, $50 isn’t going to cover your new marathon outfit from this store, but it can certainly go toward it!)
HOW TO ENTER: Answer ONE of the following questions in a comment. Multiple responses from the same person still only gets you one entry. So just keep it simple. Enter once. Answer one question or all of them, but one entry per person. Make sense? Wonderful.
- Tell me something that makes you happy every day.
- Tell me your favorite way to carb up before a big race.
- Share your favorite “I’m going to plow through that finish line” sweat song. (In other words, your race day playlist must-have.)
I’ll pick a winner Monday at 9 AM, so check back then so see if you’ll be headed to Lululemon with a couple extra bucks in the near future.
(Oh and Tyler, you should probably figure out how to read and type right now, because you are naked and need some clothes. Enter the giveaway. Get hooked up.)
Good luck and have a great weekend!
THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED.