- October 26, 2012 by AliPlease Let Me Make Your Day (That Means A Giveaway!)
- June 15, 2012 by AliMonday. 9 AM. Get Sweaty. (And For Now: A Giveaway!)
- August 10, 2012 by AliTake My Sweat (It's A Giveaway & It's Not Gross)
- May 25, 2012 by AliDo You Want Free Sneakers? (Translation: A Giveaway!)
- July 9, 2013 by AliEmbrace The Sweat (An "I Heart Sweat" Shirt Giveaway!)
- July 1, 2016 by AliFridays With Ellie: The Healthiest One In The Bunch
- June 29, 2016 by AliDon't Get Food Poisoning
- June 17, 2016 by AliFridays With Gap-Toothed Ellie
- June 16, 2016 by AliThankful Things Thursday: For When We Really Need It
- June 13, 2016 by AliNYRR New York Mini 10K Recap
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
Take My Sweat (It's A Giveaway & It's Not Gross)
Do you know what I want so badly right now?
I want to use my damn mango soap.
Back in June, I was interviewed by Women’s Running magazine (no, I don’t know why they wanted to talk to me, either — probably because 8:30 miles are the new “elite” status), and the nice ego-boosting people over there asked how I like to reward myself for a good training run or race.
My answer was not ice cream (in healthier times that’s a daily meal staple, not an “indulgence”) or getting a massage (too poor). My answer was this:
It’s true: I love my sweet-smelling soap. I come back from my run feeling all amazing and on top of the world and in a state of “I can do anything except foam roll.”
And then I shower, and it is splendid.
It’s fruity and it’s happy and it’s a year-round treat.
But I haven’t used my mango soap since February.
The last time I used it — yes, I remember — was after an 18-mile training run in preparation for the Eugene Marathon. It was an awesome running week for me.
Since then? The soap has gone un-lathered.
I’ve been using my “regular” stupid-smelling non-special soap every day instead.
My showers are unremarkable.
And I really, really miss getting to get all mango-y after I sweat.
So in case you were wondering, no I still have not been able to run. I’ve wanted to. But after four days on steroids, I feel no improvement. I’m just as sick today as I was on Monday. I’m still keeping my “the steroids will take time to kick in and you’re probably not going to die” mentality, but it’s tough. I’m used to Prednisone seeping through my body immediately and giving me pretty instantaneous relief.
Not this time I guess.
I did make it to another spin class with Matt last night, though I had to bolt to the bathroom during one of the climbs. Do you know what’s not embarrassing? Running out of the dark room mid-spin and blasting everyone with sunlight from the open door as you make a mad-dash for the locker room. No one gets mad at the temporary blindness, don’t worry.
And this morning, after a long long time in the bathroom, I got myself to Central Park for a short and slow bike ride.
Biking is nice. It’s a good alternative and it’s so much gentler than running.
But it’s not the same.
And it doesn’t earn me mango soap.
Needless to say, it’s been an un-fun week for me. It’s not just the not-running stuff — I haven’t really been able to get through any of my “normal” daily routines. I’ve been taking cabs to work every day because I’m so paranoid about being stuck underground on the subway (I think I just heard my debit card weeping from inside my wallet), and my coworkers now know that if they need me and I’m not at my desk, I’m in the middle stall in the bathroom. So professional, right?
My stomach isn’t improving from the steroids, but I’m already feeling the side effects: restless nights, difficulty falling asleep to begin with and puffiness and bloating. I’m at my most beautiful right now, that’s for sure.
The highlight of my week has been watching the video of Tyler rolling over for the first time:
He has a stronger core than I do. Pathetic.
Now, just because I’m a bit of a mess doesn’t mean I don’t want to do nice things and be all “hey have free stuff!”
So how about a giveaway today? Making other people happy tends to perk me up, so please allow me to make your day…if you’re into it.
Yeah, I may have stockpiled a few of these babies for days like today. And since Brian’s kind smiles really imply “please get these shirts out of our apartment ASAP,” I’m thinking it’s time to give one away.
I only have small, medium and large women’s short-sleeved shirts available. Sorry dudes. (You can still enter, Gian. I know you want to, and I totally think you can pull of a women’s small. What size do you think Meb wants?)
So if you win, you’ll tell me your size, and I’ll tell you which colors I have available. It’s not complicated.
Entering isn’t complicated, either. It never is.
WANT TO WIN AN “I HEART SWEAT” T-SHIRT? You have two comment options (choose one — you don’t get an extra entry for commenting twice):
- Leave a comment with a happy (even better: funny) thought that has nothing to do with running, sweating, Crossfit, marathons or athletic goals of any kind. If you say something like “My happy thought is tomorrow’s 18-mile training run!” I will disqualify you on account of making me feel sad. If you leave a comment about a time you went running and crapped your pants on the side of the road, that is allowed.
- Leave a comment telling me something you hate. Again, it cannot have to do with running, physical activity or anything along those lines. It can, however, relate to Stonehenge, hairless cats, stingy topping-givers at Tasti D Lite or bug bites. Have at it. Be creative.
I’ll pick a winner at 9 AM EST Monday, August 13.
Good luck and have a great weekend!