- As heartbroken as I am not to be able to wake up with the sun and run, I'm not necessarily HATING sleeping until 7:30 every morning... about 21 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- New post: In lieu of running, I'm giving away a pair of @HOKAONEONE Clifton 2s! http://t.co/H9r9EdK8c8 about 22 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Seating charts are impossible. Everyone just stand up and dance. All night. At the rehearsal dinner... 09:44:44 PM September 02, 2015 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- AM I DEAD IS THIS HEAVEN??? #sunsetblush http://t.co/UeOUL7q82X 07:51:16 PM September 02, 2015 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- October 26, 2012 by AliPlease Let Me Make Your Day (That Means A Giveaway!)
- June 15, 2012 by AliMonday. 9 AM. Get Sweaty. (And For Now: A Giveaway!)
- August 10, 2012 by AliTake My Sweat (It's A Giveaway & It's Not Gross)
- May 25, 2012 by AliDo You Want Free Sneakers? (Translation: A Giveaway!)
- July 9, 2013 by AliEmbrace The Sweat (An "I Heart Sweat" Shirt Giveaway!)
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
A Bonus Piece Of Thankful
A bonus piece of thankful?
For the love of grammar, that is awful and makes no sense.
But it’s Friday, and it’s my first official Summer Friday (my office closes at 1 PM on Fridays between July 4th and Labor Day), so I won’t let disastrous partial sentences bring me down!
While I like to cram as much love and gratitude into each edition of Thankful Things Thursday, there was one little thing I wanted to separate from yesterday’s pack.
Since Brian and I moved in together back in April, I swear we’ve actually seen each other less than ever before. It’s impressive, really.
For the past month, I’ve managed to be asleep by the time he gets home from work every night. Then, I wake up and work out in the morning while he’s still asleep, and from there we overlap: I get home from the park and get ready for work to discover that he’s left for his own workout, and I leave for the office before he gets back.
We’re really really good roommates. The only way I know Brian has been at the apartment is because he has this adorable (false, it drives me crazy) habit of leaving the cabinets open. I come home from work most days and all the bathroom and kitchen cabinets are just…open. I don’t understand.
Brian has been working his bike-riding-butt off lately working on a project that sure, has required a few all-nighters, but that means a lot to me. So today I get to be thankful for it.
Not long after we came back from running (er, suffering through) the Las Vegas Half Marathon, Brian was approached by a nice man named Stanley who has been participating in Team Challenge for a few seasons now. Stanley knew Brian owned an ad agency and was like, “Hey man, let’s chat.”
Blah blah blah, they talked, maybe they high fived, I don’t know, I wasn’t there.
What I do know is this:
- The Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation was given a window at Rockefeller Center. They were allowed to use the window however they wanted.
- They wanted Brian and his company to come up with the creative concept and design for the window so they could spread awareness about CCFA, Team Challenge and the Take Steps program. Also, it was a charity thing, so the budget was small and the pay was…non-existant. Pro bono, if you will.
- Brian got excited about it. He worked really hard. We stopped hanging out.
- There is now a big shark in Rockefeller Center. It has to do with Crohn’s disease.
- RockeFELLER. My last name. Basically.
How much is that Brian in the window?
You know, like the little kid song? “How much is that doggy in the window?” Only it’s not a dog(gy), it’s Brian. I’m such a lyricist.
You can read more about the specifics and the concept of the display here. But basically, the shark represents the fact that Crohn’s feels like a bitch in my stomach, and it attacks your insides, and I think it’s pretty accurate. And cool.
So I’m bonus-thankful for a few things: I’m thankful people are working hard to continue spreading awareness for these diseases. That’s a big one. I’m thankful this display is up in the middle of New York City where lots of people will see it. Including Flo Rida.
And of course, I’m thankful this got done because of Brian. I know this post is gross and gushy and “get a room” or whatever, but he worked super hard on this, so I wanted to bring extra attention to the project.
If you happen to go see the window display (which you should, and I’ll go with you), take a picture on your phone or your camera or your pager and enter CCFA’s Facebook contest with the #ccfashark hash tag.
You can win tickets to Newsies, plus dinner, and I want to enter, too.
So: Rockefeller Center. Crohn’s awareness. Big shark. Win a contest. Good job, Brian.
Can we hang out now?
In other news, today is a much-needed rest day. I had a long work event last night — my favorite event of the whole year — and I’m totally fried today.
It was nice to sleep in until the blissful hour of 6:30 AM. I even foam rolled. And I’d love to tell you I stretched, but I didn’t. I played on Twitter and Facebook instead.
Here’s to a wonderful weekend ahead. May your Saturday and Sunday be filled with long runs, lots of sun and minimal shark attacks.