Listen to the Ali on the Run Show on iTunes!
- Happy. @ Lansdale, Pennsylvania https://t.co/DQZzdzlyNs 06:53:24 PM May 27, 2017 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Happy. @ Lansdale, Pennsylvania https://t.co/sHFVxoXoqG 06:52:03 PM May 27, 2017 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Had a very special little guest on the Ali on the Run Show today! (OK, two special guests!) LOOK… https://t.co/JWyNnN3J07 06:15:01 PM May 26, 2017 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- May 25, 2017 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 31: Dan Nevins, Army Veteran, Double Amputee & Yoga Teacher
- May 23, 2017 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 30: My Crohn's Disease Story
- May 21, 2017 by Ali2017 Airbnb Brooklyn Half Recap
- May 18, 2017 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 29: Meredith Kennedy, Marketing Operations Manager at BuzzFeed
- May 16, 2017 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 28: Let's Talk Running Pet Peeves
- October 26, 2012 by AliPlease Let Me Make Your Day (That Means A Giveaway!)
- June 15, 2012 by AliMonday. 9 AM. Get Sweaty. (And For Now: A Giveaway!)
- August 10, 2012 by AliTake My Sweat (It's A Giveaway & It's Not Gross)
- May 25, 2012 by AliDo You Want Free Sneakers? (Translation: A Giveaway!)
- July 9, 2013 by AliEmbrace The Sweat (An "I Heart Sweat" Shirt Giveaway!)
Thankful Things Thursday: Happy Thoughts Will Make Me Healthy
Yesterday was a pretty cool day.
Your comments on my “Crohn’s sucks a little more than you may realize” post were awesome. I loved hearing all of your stories about your own battles with chronic illness, and I appreciated all the good advice and kind words. You’re the best. Love you.
And on that grateful little note, it’s time to kick off today’s installment of Thankful Things Thursday. Go time!
I’m thankful I felt pretty good last night! After getting Remicade yesterday, I noticed an immediate difference in my mental and physical health. I was able to go to a spin class after work, and I got through the entire thing feeling surprisingly strong!
I came home after the class, still felt OK, and had my beet and carrot juice a la Brian for dinner.
I went to bed feeling hugely optimistic about being fixed by Remicade.
I’m thankful I have a sick day left. So yeah. Turns out, I’m not totally fixed, and my stomach was obnoxious enough this morning to get me to send that dreaded email to the office saying I won’t be in…again. Pretty sure it’s my last sick day, and I’m using it up. That’s promising, right? Going through all your allotted sick days by May? That’s a PR for sure.
Really, I know I just need another day to rest, recover and get back on my healthy little feet. I feel like a jerk for missing so much work lately, but I guess that’s what sick days are there for.
I’m thankful for good friends who give great housewarming gifts. Lauren knows the way to my interior decorating heart…
…and the way to Brian’s, too!
I love these pillows. They’re those things I’d see in a store, be all, “Those are cool, I want them,” and then leave without actually buying them. I also think they are a little more gender neutral than the lavender satin-y pillows that were on the couch before.
I’m thankful I got off the wait list. SoulCycle just expanded its Upper East Side studio and it now has a whopping 70 bikes. That’s basically huge. Naturally all the classes still filled up immediately, but I got into the 6:15 class for tomorrow morning. I’m a little nervous because I tend to feel the worst in the morning, but hopefully resting up today means I’ll be strong by tomorrow. That’s how this all works, right?
I’m thankful for the long weekend ahead. I have no plans beyond “resting.”
I’m thankful I survived Becky’s wedding without Crohnsing up at the altar or during my toast. Success! (Yes, I was legitimately concerned about those things.)
I’m thankful the New York City Marathon is still really far away. I miss running, and I miss running far and running fast and running effortlessly. I miss being able to walk out the door, go for a run and come home feeling good about it. I’m glad I have time to get better after this flare before I get into a training plan.
It’s tough to wake up in the morning and read everyone’s updates about “awesome morning workouts” and how it’s a “perfect morning for a run in Central Park.”
Yes, I know, I used to Tweet those exact phrases. Call me a hypocrite.
But since I haven’t been able to do those things lately, it makes me sad, and I miss it. I miss sweating in the morning because I demolished a tempo run (HAHA, kidding, that never happens) rather than just sweating out a fever (though I didn’t have a fever last night, so see, I am improving!).
I know this list was short, but I think that’s all I’ve got today.
SO I NEED YOUR HELP: Add to my list! What are you thankful for today?