- "Question: I didn't buy anything for anyone. What do I do?" —@brian_cristiano at 9:38 PM on December 22. about 19 minutes ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- I'm not good at wrapping presents, but I AM good at forgetting to hit "Submit" on my Seamless order & then realizing it an hour later! about 3 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- "You wanna be a big dog? Big dogs get bit." —Charlie from "Scandal." A surprising voice of reason. Just this once. about 9 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Going to the post office three days before Christmas was a GOOD idea! Everyone was very nice and pleasant! #nope about 12 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- October 26, 2012 by AliPlease Let Me Make Your Day (That Means A Giveaway!)
- June 15, 2012 by AliMonday. 9 AM. Get Sweaty. (And For Now: A Giveaway!)
- August 10, 2012 by AliTake My Sweat (It's A Giveaway & It's Not Gross)
- May 25, 2012 by AliDo You Want Free Sneakers? (Translation: A Giveaway!)
- July 9, 2013 by AliEmbrace The Sweat (An "I Heart Sweat" Shirt Giveaway!)
- December 18, 2014 by AliHawaii Part II: Maui!
- December 17, 2014 by AliHawaii Part I: Oahu
- December 8, 2014 by Ali“Are You Serious?!”
- November 21, 2014 by AliDon't You Forget About Me
- November 5, 2014 by Ali“This Isn’t Steamtown”: My New York City Marathon 2014 Recap
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
Thankful Things Thursday: Happy Thoughts Will Make Me Healthy
Yesterday was a pretty cool day.
Your comments on my “Crohn’s sucks a little more than you may realize” post were awesome. I loved hearing all of your stories about your own battles with chronic illness, and I appreciated all the good advice and kind words. You’re the best. Love you.
And on that grateful little note, it’s time to kick off today’s installment of Thankful Things Thursday. Go time!
I’m thankful I felt pretty good last night! After getting Remicade yesterday, I noticed an immediate difference in my mental and physical health. I was able to go to a spin class after work, and I got through the entire thing feeling surprisingly strong!
I came home after the class, still felt OK, and had my beet and carrot juice a la Brian for dinner.
I went to bed feeling hugely optimistic about being fixed by Remicade.
I’m thankful I have a sick day left. So yeah. Turns out, I’m not totally fixed, and my stomach was obnoxious enough this morning to get me to send that dreaded email to the office saying I won’t be in…again. Pretty sure it’s my last sick day, and I’m using it up. That’s promising, right? Going through all your allotted sick days by May? That’s a PR for sure.
Really, I know I just need another day to rest, recover and get back on my healthy little feet. I feel like a jerk for missing so much work lately, but I guess that’s what sick days are there for.
I’m thankful for good friends who give great housewarming gifts. Lauren knows the way to my interior decorating heart…
…and the way to Brian’s, too!
I love these pillows. They’re those things I’d see in a store, be all, “Those are cool, I want them,” and then leave without actually buying them. I also think they are a little more gender neutral than the lavender satin-y pillows that were on the couch before.
I’m thankful I got off the wait list. SoulCycle just expanded its Upper East Side studio and it now has a whopping 70 bikes. That’s basically huge. Naturally all the classes still filled up immediately, but I got into the 6:15 class for tomorrow morning. I’m a little nervous because I tend to feel the worst in the morning, but hopefully resting up today means I’ll be strong by tomorrow. That’s how this all works, right?
I’m thankful for the long weekend ahead. I have no plans beyond “resting.”
I’m thankful I survived Becky’s wedding without Crohnsing up at the altar or during my toast. Success! (Yes, I was legitimately concerned about those things.)
I’m thankful the New York City Marathon is still really far away. I miss running, and I miss running far and running fast and running effortlessly. I miss being able to walk out the door, go for a run and come home feeling good about it. I’m glad I have time to get better after this flare before I get into a training plan.
It’s tough to wake up in the morning and read everyone’s updates about “awesome morning workouts” and how it’s a “perfect morning for a run in Central Park.”
Yes, I know, I used to Tweet those exact phrases. Call me a hypocrite.
But since I haven’t been able to do those things lately, it makes me sad, and I miss it. I miss sweating in the morning because I demolished a tempo run (HAHA, kidding, that never happens) rather than just sweating out a fever (though I didn’t have a fever last night, so see, I am improving!).
I know this list was short, but I think that’s all I’ve got today.
SO I NEED YOUR HELP: Add to my list! What are you thankful for today?