Listen to the Ali on the Run Show on iTunes!
- 😂😂😂 https://t.co/k6G1h5Uk52 about 26 minutes ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- "Going from being really good at your job and knowing what you’re doing to having basically no idea is really hard.… https://t.co/Qa8LMMEBlZ about 6 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- https://t.co/UZ7lHWD63e about 18 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Ever wanted to know what it's like to work 12-hour night shifts while training to run a 3:18 marathon? @susanruns s… https://t.co/wP9cL7pFk2 about 21 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- January 17, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 56: Susan Pass, Nurse & 3:18 Marathoner
- January 17, 2018 by AliBermuda Triangle Challenge 2018 Recap
- January 10, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 55: Nick Symmonds
- January 4, 2018 by AliLife in 2018
- January 3, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 54: Olympic Gold Medalist Gwen Jorgensen
- October 26, 2012 by AliPlease Let Me Make Your Day (That Means A Giveaway!)
- June 15, 2012 by AliMonday. 9 AM. Get Sweaty. (And For Now: A Giveaway!)
- August 10, 2012 by AliTake My Sweat (It's A Giveaway & It's Not Gross)
- May 25, 2012 by AliDo You Want Free Sneakers? (Translation: A Giveaway!)
- July 9, 2013 by AliEmbrace The Sweat (An "I Heart Sweat" Shirt Giveaway!)
Thankful Things Thursday: For The People I Love
Hello, and welcome to Sappyville, USA.
I couldn’t decide if I wanted to name it Sappyville or Saptown.
Either way, I’m feeling sappy this morning (sappy doesn’t sound like a word anymore!), which makes celebrating Thankful Things Thursday pretty easy and simple.
Today I’ll keep it brief: I’m thankful for all the people in my life.
I’m thankful for my family.
I’m lucky: I have two parents who don’t live too far away and a brother and sister-in-law who are about to have a baby. Well, she’s having the baby. Ryan will likely be passed out in the corner of the room while Michaela does the work. My family doesn’t do so well with hospitals and blood and stuff.
I’m thankful for my friends. Friends I’ve known since we were models for Limited Too (yup, that happened) and who are about to get married…
…and friends who spent four years throwing back Franzia and ordering pizza for me at 4 AM.
I’m thankful for the people I’ve met in the past year.
The people who have shaped me as a runner…
…and the people who have made me laugh constantly along the way.
There are people I’ve only met in person a few times, and who I’m trying desperately to convince to move to New York…
…and there are people who agree to run with me at 5 AM, “before it gets too hot,” and who have supported me more than I ever expected as I do weird things like raise money and run marathons and play trivia.
I’m thankful for Brian, who has seen me at my best…
…and at my very worst (stomach flu + Crohn’s + a small studio apartment = bringing the relationship closer than ever), and continues to date me and live with me. I think he’s a keeper.
Most of all, I’m thankful that I tell these people how much I love them every single day. I find comfort in knowing that each day, these people can go to bed knowing that Ali On The Run — none of them actually call me that, because it’s so formal and stuff — loves them and cares about them. I pretty much doubt that last night each of my friends and family members went to bed thinking, “Wheeeeee Ali loves meeeeeeee! Goodnight!” but you never know.
When sad things happen, people always remind you to “tell the people you love that you care about them every day.”
So yeah. Do that. Do it today, and then again tomorrow. Don’t leave people guessing.
And call me maybe.
YOUR TURN: What are you thankful for today?