Follow Me - AliOnTheRun1
- The best long runs apparently end with very sweaty kisses and letting a giggly 2-year-old spray you… http://t.co/bzSFikqOWB about 20 hours ago
- My very favorite nap. http://t.co/xOkFEGJtcM 08:22:13 PM July 26, 2014
- 13.1 super sweaty midday miles in Massachusetts followed by sticky snuggles and kisses with my main… http://t.co/XfTq0EDhBl 01:07:11 PM July 26, 2014
- October 26, 2012 by AliPlease Let Me Make Your Day (That Means A Giveaway!)
- June 15, 2012 by AliMonday. 9 AM. Get Sweaty. (And For Now: A Giveaway!)
- August 10, 2012 by AliTake My Sweat (It's A Giveaway & It's Not Gross)
- May 25, 2012 by AliDo You Want Free Sneakers? (Translation: A Giveaway!)
- July 9, 2013 by AliEmbrace The Sweat (An "I Heart Sweat" Shirt Giveaway!)
- July 8, 2014 by AliAdjustments
- June 23, 2014 by AliFairfield Half Marathon Recap
- June 17, 2014 by AliPerplexing Thoughts
- June 11, 2014 by AliWhy I'm So Glad I Gave The November Project A Second Shot
- May 30, 2014 by Ali21 Questions
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
Thankful Things Thursday: For The People I Love
Hello, and welcome to Sappyville, USA.
I couldn’t decide if I wanted to name it Sappyville or Saptown.
Either way, I’m feeling sappy this morning (sappy doesn’t sound like a word anymore!), which makes celebrating Thankful Things Thursday pretty easy and simple.
Today I’ll keep it brief: I’m thankful for all the people in my life.
I’m thankful for my family.
I’m lucky: I have two parents who don’t live too far away and a brother and sister-in-law who are about to have a baby. Well, she’s having the baby. Ryan will likely be passed out in the corner of the room while Michaela does the work. My family doesn’t do so well with hospitals and blood and stuff.
I’m thankful for my friends. Friends I’ve known since we were models for Limited Too (yup, that happened) and who are about to get married…
…and friends who spent four years throwing back Franzia and ordering pizza for me at 4 AM.
I’m thankful for the people I’ve met in the past year.
The people who have shaped me as a runner…
…and the people who have made me laugh constantly along the way.
There are people I’ve only met in person a few times, and who I’m trying desperately to convince to move to New York…
…and there are people who agree to run with me at 5 AM, “before it gets too hot,” and who have supported me more than I ever expected as I do weird things like raise money and run marathons and play trivia.
I’m thankful for Brian, who has seen me at my best…
…and at my very worst (stomach flu + Crohn’s + a small studio apartment = bringing the relationship closer than ever), and continues to date me and live with me. I think he’s a keeper.
Most of all, I’m thankful that I tell these people how much I love them every single day. I find comfort in knowing that each day, these people can go to bed knowing that Ali On The Run — none of them actually call me that, because it’s so formal and stuff — loves them and cares about them. I pretty much doubt that last night each of my friends and family members went to bed thinking, “Wheeeeee Ali loves meeeeeeee! Goodnight!” but you never know.
When sad things happen, people always remind you to “tell the people you love that you care about them every day.”
So yeah. Do that. Do it today, and then again tomorrow. Don’t leave people guessing.
And call me maybe.
YOUR TURN: What are you thankful for today?