- Looks like a nice place for a little "I do"-ing. Headed back to this sweet spot in exactly four fast… https://t.co/xCiMZ0uceH about 8 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Seriously, WHAT IS THIS and why is it thousands of dollars??? http://t.co/56va2O5pZs #fashion about 12 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Hey @LaurenMarcie, can I wear this to my bridal shower? http://t.co/56va2O5pZs about 12 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- October 26, 2012 by AliPlease Let Me Make Your Day (That Means A Giveaway!)
- June 15, 2012 by AliMonday. 9 AM. Get Sweaty. (And For Now: A Giveaway!)
- August 10, 2012 by AliTake My Sweat (It's A Giveaway & It's Not Gross)
- May 25, 2012 by AliDo You Want Free Sneakers? (Translation: A Giveaway!)
- July 9, 2013 by AliEmbrace The Sweat (An "I Heart Sweat" Shirt Giveaway!)
- May 21, 2015 by AliMy First Airbnb Experience
- May 18, 2015 by AliAirbnb Brooklyn Half Marathon Recap
- May 14, 2015 by AliMy Airbnb Brooklyn Half Marathon Hopes, Dreams, Goals, & Thanks
- May 6, 2015 by AliThis Is 30
- April 29, 2015 by Ali11 Things I Loved About Running Around Washington, D.C.
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
Thankful Things Thursday: For The People I Love
Hello, and welcome to Sappyville, USA.
I couldn’t decide if I wanted to name it Sappyville or Saptown.
Either way, I’m feeling sappy this morning (sappy doesn’t sound like a word anymore!), which makes celebrating Thankful Things Thursday pretty easy and simple.
Today I’ll keep it brief: I’m thankful for all the people in my life.
I’m thankful for my family.
I’m lucky: I have two parents who don’t live too far away and a brother and sister-in-law who are about to have a baby. Well, she’s having the baby. Ryan will likely be passed out in the corner of the room while Michaela does the work. My family doesn’t do so well with hospitals and blood and stuff.
I’m thankful for my friends. Friends I’ve known since we were models for Limited Too (yup, that happened) and who are about to get married…
…and friends who spent four years throwing back Franzia and ordering pizza for me at 4 AM.
I’m thankful for the people I’ve met in the past year.
The people who have shaped me as a runner…
…and the people who have made me laugh constantly along the way.
There are people I’ve only met in person a few times, and who I’m trying desperately to convince to move to New York…
…and there are people who agree to run with me at 5 AM, “before it gets too hot,” and who have supported me more than I ever expected as I do weird things like raise money and run marathons and play trivia.
I’m thankful for Brian, who has seen me at my best…
…and at my very worst (stomach flu + Crohn’s + a small studio apartment = bringing the relationship closer than ever), and continues to date me and live with me. I think he’s a keeper.
Most of all, I’m thankful that I tell these people how much I love them every single day. I find comfort in knowing that each day, these people can go to bed knowing that Ali On The Run — none of them actually call me that, because it’s so formal and stuff — loves them and cares about them. I pretty much doubt that last night each of my friends and family members went to bed thinking, “Wheeeeee Ali loves meeeeeeee! Goodnight!” but you never know.
When sad things happen, people always remind you to “tell the people you love that you care about them every day.”
So yeah. Do that. Do it today, and then again tomorrow. Don’t leave people guessing.
And call me maybe.
YOUR TURN: What are you thankful for today?