- As heartbroken as I am not to be able to wake up with the sun and run, I'm not necessarily HATING sleeping until 7:30 every morning... about 16 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- New post: In lieu of running, I'm giving away a pair of @HOKAONEONE Clifton 2s! http://t.co/H9r9EdK8c8 about 17 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Seating charts are impossible. Everyone just stand up and dance. All night. At the rehearsal dinner... 09:44:44 PM September 02, 2015 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- AM I DEAD IS THIS HEAVEN??? #sunsetblush http://t.co/UeOUL7q82X 07:51:16 PM September 02, 2015 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- October 26, 2012 by AliPlease Let Me Make Your Day (That Means A Giveaway!)
- June 15, 2012 by AliMonday. 9 AM. Get Sweaty. (And For Now: A Giveaway!)
- August 10, 2012 by AliTake My Sweat (It's A Giveaway & It's Not Gross)
- May 25, 2012 by AliDo You Want Free Sneakers? (Translation: A Giveaway!)
- July 9, 2013 by AliEmbrace The Sweat (An "I Heart Sweat" Shirt Giveaway!)
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
Ending The Week On A High Note With A List
Today was my last day commuting from my apartment to my office — with a pit stop at the gym for a little spinning and butt exercising. More on that momentarily.
For the past year and a month-ish, I have lived by myself and I have loved every day of it.
I loved the freedom.
I loved the space.
I loved the cleanliness.
I loved that the sink full of dishes never bothered me.
I’ve learned a lot in the last year. I’ve grown up a lot. And now, I’m moving on to the next great thing: shacking up with Brian!
It’s a very exciting time. I’m not at all nervous about sharing a bathroom. He should be, but I’m not.
He is, however, trying really hard to convince me that there’s something we should get in lieu of a couch…
No, Brian. You can’t sit on a dog to watch TV.
The movers are coming tomorrow at some ridiculous hour like 7:30 AM. Brian’s idea. See how I’m already learning to compromise?
So yes, today my mind is filled with thoughts like, “Will that duct tape actually hold those boxes of glass together?” and “How pissed are the movers going to be when they show up and see I packed everything I own in Lululemon bags…again?”
But I also can’t help but think about how great this week has been. It’s been a good one, right?
Let’s talk about that.
In fact, LET’S MAKE A LIST ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!
Here are 10 Reasons It Was A Great Week In My World:
1. I was smart about running. More back pats please! MORE. As my shin/knee thing continues to act up just a little bit, I know that running every single day — even if it’s what I want — isn’t what I should do. And so this week, I resisted! And I’m convinced I will heal faster and come back stronger because of my wicked good decisions. In the meantime, I’m still foam rolling a lot, icing a lot, which leads to sexy legs…
…and going to ART with Dr. Levine. Yesterday I got all electrostimulized, kneaded and shoved around. It felt so good.
Also, Dr. Levine gave me a grade. His exact quote was, “You get an A+ for your IT Band.” I was so proud. I forgot how much I enjoy being graded and receiving report cards. No, I was never a teacher’s pet. Why would you assume that?
2. I rode a bike. I’m still excited about this. I miss my rental. She was so good to me.
3. Coach Cane referred to his wife, Nicole, as my teammate. I haven’t been out training with the City Coach crew for a few weeks since the sickness/pain stuff started going down. I hope to return soon, and in the meantime I still email Coach Cane at least six times daily. But I think it’s really, really cool that Coach Cane still considers me part of the team even though I’m on a little training hiatus at the moment. Also, you should read Nicole’s post about winning the Brooklyn Duathlon last weekend — five months after having a baby. She’s amazing.
4. Ryan and Michaela (my brother and sister-in-law with a baby on the way) got their baby wish book from the baby shower.
Ryan, my brother, says it’s “nice.” He’s really good with words. At the baby shower, everyone filled out these little wish cards I found online. Michaela isn’t into games that are annoying at baby showers (another reason I love her so much), so I thought this was still a nice way to get everyone involved and have something to show for the shower. You know, in addition to the presents.
I bound all the pages with ribbon and mailed it to them this week. It’s cute. Baby is due May 22, and then I get to be an aunt.
5. I talked to my dad on the phone this morning. That always makes me happy. He lets me bitch for 20 minutes without interruption, and then we work out my issues and then sometimes we talk about things like what we’re going to eat for lunch. Whenever I get off the phone with my dad, I find myself smiling a lot.
6. I got a free pastry from Panera. Turns out, signing up for that little membership card has sweet perks that come with chocolate chips.
7. I actually went to yoga. I know, crazy. Last night I went to yoga. I still suck at it and I still laugh every time the instructor tells us to feel the pixie dust deep inside ourselves. But I’m also getting really good at crow pose and napping pose.
8. I made $25 by selling my microwave. Thank you, Craigslist, and thank you Susan W. for not being a killer. I was worried about that for like eight seconds last night when I gave my address to a total Internet stranger. But I guess sometimes situations like that work out OK…
9. I went to Fancy Crunch this morning. I’m kind of loving this gym. It’s so clean and big and spacious and there are pillows everywhere. I don’t know why. Maybe if you want to take a nap in between classes or ellipticalling or something? That’s actually not a terrible idea.
This morning I did that weird spin class I don’t like, but I also did other things, like “glute strengtheners.” See how seriously I’m taking this “get better” thing? Twice this week I’ve done butt exercises where I lift my legs and pulse them and curl them and whatnot. It’s not fun and I don’t envy the people around me who have to witness these graceful activities, but if strengthening my butt cheeks means less pain in my legs, then I’m going to keep hamstring curling and glute squeezing. Also, side planking. I want to get better at side planking.
I’m pretty positive I can hold a side plank for longer than a minute and a half, but I get bored and distracted and want to to go do other fun things, like drink from the water fountain and shower.
10. I feel healthy. I shouldn’t even write that down or say it out loud because it’ll come back to bite me in the Crohnsy butt. But yeah. Last night during yoga I realized that the twisty poses — like, you know, utkastasnata and hummusavana and I-can’t-believe-you-can’t-touch-your-toes-ana — didn’t bother me. Usually when I’m sick or I’ve been sick, poses like “rotated side angle in a lunge” or whatever makes my stomach feel weird and uncomfortable and unsettled. Last night, though, I felt fine. I wanted to die during upside-downish things because my allergies seem to be preventing me from breathing, but overall, health = returning.
And with that, I’m off to do work and daydream about packing tape.
DO YOU LIKE TO MAKE LISTS? MAKE ONE NOW: 5 things that made your week great. GO!