Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- Last year, Carly Gill fell just two minutes short of her goal of qualifying for the Olympic Marathon Trials. On thi… https://t.co/4shPKggSF2 about 10 minutes ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- There were truly days I wasn’t convinced I’d make it to one. There were days — months — spent convincing myself I h… https://t.co/56CpafvU0f about 11 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- October 16, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 182: Carly Gill, Olympic Trials Qualifier
- October 14, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 181: Carrie Tollefson BONUS EPISODE!
- October 9, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 180: Roberta Groner, 2:29 Marathoner, Nurse, & Mom of Three
- October 8, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 179: Janae Baron BONUS EPISODE!
- October 2, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 178: Ladia Albertson-Junkans, Ultra Runner & Best Friend to Gabe Grunewald
Yearly Archives: 2011
385 post(s) found
Wow. This weekend has been insane. I hope you’re in the mood for a lengthy post, because that’s what you’re about to get. In case you’re quite busy, let me summarize my weekend for you: I ran my first marathon. […]
So the Big Day is finally here. Well. It’s tomorrow. Today is all about resting, relaxing, hydrating, carbing, salting, driving and outlet shopping. What? There are outlets on the way to the Hamptons…I don’t think it’s weird that my priorities […]
It’s the last Thankful Things Thursday before the marathon. Dun dun dunnnn. It’s. So. Dramatic. I have so much to be grateful for today — everything from helpful humans to sweaty shirt sales to, as always, graph paper — so […]
I don’t know if I’ll like running a marathon. 26.2 miles might be too much for me. I plan to find out on Saturday. But I do know that I have loved training for this marathon. Many people may disagree. […]
I always thought visualization was a B.S. technique. The first time I took a real yoga class, the instructor told us to close our eyes and imagine we were in a field filled with pixie dust. Clearly the A-hole in […]
For a long time, September 24 was a date marked boldly in my calendar. But over the past 20 weeks, September 24 never seemed like it was rapidly approaching. I enjoyed every minute of my summer and despite my dedicated […]
After yesterday’s race (and subsequent brunch), I returned to my apartment for a disappointingly cold shower and then very quickly morphed into Psycho Freakout Mode. Yes, Psycho Freakout Mode is an actual clinical condition. I know because I just diagnosed […]
Three years ago I toed the start line at my very first running race: the FITNESS Mind, Body & Spirit Games 4-miler in Central Park. I had just started running and hardly considered myself “a runner.” I was super nervous, […]
Confession: I didn’t go to work yesterday. All week — OK, all year? — I’ve been overly stressed about many things, most of which stem from my involvement with Run For The Rabbit. Training with JackRabbit and Coach Cane for […]
Posted in Celebrity Sightings, Central Park, Hamptons Marathon Training, New York Road Runners, NYC, Outfits, Run For The Rabbit, Running, Stress and tagged 16 Handles, Central Park, Coach Cane, Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of America, Hamptons Marathon, JackRabbit Sports, Misha Barton, New York Road Runners, Run For The Rabbit, Running, The Bowery Hotel-
Hi. Good morning. I have a lot to be thankful for today so let’s not waste any time. I’m thankful for sleep. One of my marathon taper goals was to get more sleep. Apparently I decided to get all of […]