Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- Last year, Carly Gill fell just two minutes short of her goal of qualifying for the Olympic Marathon Trials. On thi… https://t.co/4shPKggSF2 about 9 minutes ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- There were truly days I wasn’t convinced I’d make it to one. There were days — months — spent convincing myself I h… https://t.co/56CpafvU0f about 11 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- October 16, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 182: Carly Gill, Olympic Trials Qualifier
- October 14, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 181: Carrie Tollefson BONUS EPISODE!
- October 9, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 180: Roberta Groner, 2:29 Marathoner, Nurse, & Mom of Three
- October 8, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 179: Janae Baron BONUS EPISODE!
- October 2, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 178: Ladia Albertson-Junkans, Ultra Runner & Best Friend to Gabe Grunewald
Yearly Archives: 2011
385 post(s) found
Hello. It’s a gorgeous fall day here in NYC and despite having no hot water in my apartment for roughly the 19th day in a row, I am managing to pull myself into a good mood. In case you’re wondering […]
I thought, considering I trained for and ran a marathon not too long ago, that I was in good shape. I can run for four-plus hours, so I can do anything, right? Oh, Ali. So naive. And also a little […]
I remember the day I finally started Ali On The Run. I had been reading lots of “healthy living” and running-focused blogs at the time and wanted to get in on the action. I’m a paid writer and editor by […]
Dear person who decided the week would include 5 working days and 2 weekend days: You suck. Love, Ali Do I like coming to work every day? Yup. Sure do. But do I love the weekends when I don’t have […]
Last night, Brian and I went out for pasta. It’s become a Friday night ritual. Every Friday since our first date (the term “date” is a loose one — the first night we hung out I was wearing compression socks […]
I’m happy to dish out advice on plenty of things. In fact, I would like to write a book called How to Create the Perfect 16 Handles Concoction. (2 frozen yogurt flavors, heavy on the toppings, leave plenty of room […]
Question: What’s my grace period for marathon obsession? I hope it’s not over yet, because in today’s edition of Thankful Things Thursday my happy thoughts are all mostly marathon related. I could talk about other things if you want, like […]
I’ve been talking about my “Handsome Friend” on the blog for a while now. Since May, in fact. (Also sometimes referred to as “My Nice Friend” or “My Friend Who Is A Boy” or, finally, “My Boyfriend.”) I finally showed […]
Just three days after the greatest experience ever, I’m already starting to come down from my high and feel a little sad. I spent five months training for the Hamptons Marathon. That’s five months — the majority of 2011 thus […]
I am currently basking in the glow of having just completed my first marathon. I will probably keep smiling for at least a week. I’m kind of pumped about this whole thing. I am back at work today, though. The […]