Listen to the Ali on the Run Show on iTunes!
- If I just want to see the eclipse at prime time for like a second, what time should I go outside? THANKS. (Google gave too many answers.) about 7 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Yay! https://t.co/9Si5obtgST about 7 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- This is hard to watch & seems unbelievable. But it's...not. Struggling for words these days. https://t.co/BeqtXP8end 12:51:17 PM August 16, 2017 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- August 3, 2017 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 39: Registered Dietitian Kelly Hogan
- July 18, 2017 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 38: I'm Back!
- June 20, 2017 by AliAn Update on the Crohn's Situation + Things I'm Loving Right Now
- June 15, 2017 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 37: Lindsey Hein, Host of the I'll Have Another Podcast
- June 13, 2017 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 36: My Least Favorite Motivational Phrases
- October 26, 2012 by AliPlease Let Me Make Your Day (That Means A Giveaway!)
- June 15, 2012 by AliMonday. 9 AM. Get Sweaty. (And For Now: A Giveaway!)
- August 10, 2012 by AliTake My Sweat (It's A Giveaway & It's Not Gross)
- May 25, 2012 by AliDo You Want Free Sneakers? (Translation: A Giveaway!)
- July 9, 2013 by AliEmbrace The Sweat (An "I Heart Sweat" Shirt Giveaway!)
Thankful Things Thursday: Shipping Shirts, Broadway Shows & A Subway Winner
It’s Thankful Things Thursday, and rather than go through my whole speech about what that means, I’m just going to dive in and if you haven’t tagged along for this little holiday before, I’m sure you can figure out what it’s all about pretty quickly. Let’s go!
I’m thankful my apartment no longer resembles a Sweat shop. And by that I mean a Sweat shirt shipping factory. Since these lovely little T-shirts arrived at my apartment last week, they’ve been taking up a whole lot of space in my tiny studio living space. But thanks to some help from a nice volunteer…
…the shirts are now out of my home and on their way to all their new owners. I hope you love ’em. They were shipped with love, sweat, of course, and maybe one or two tears.
I also hope you like the return address labels. I made them. I thought they were cool.
Would you like a close up?
Perhaps you want to see what they look like on an envelope. I will show you:
And those are the labels. Now you’ve seen three photos of them. You’re welcome.
But seriously, all this shirt business is surprisingly a lot of work — you know, on top of the full-time job thing — and I’m thankful that people wanted shirts, I’m thankful for all of Brian’s help and I’m thankful that this round of shirt purchasing is just about over.
I’m thankful for The Book of Mormon…the show. See this show on Broadway, people. I know it’s sold out forever, and I know it’s wildly expensive, but it’s so worth it to shell out the dollars. I bought tickets to the show for Brian’s birthday and we went last night. We had great seats and Brian laughed hysterically the entire time, which was fun to watch.
I had seen the show once before and loved it just as much this time around. It’s so wonderfully inappropriate and my cheeks hurt from smiling the entire time.
We also got a backstage tour afterward, thanks to my cool friend Mike who is one of the show’s stage managers. He’s a big deal. He let us play onstage.
We also got to see where they keep all the costumes, but Mike wouldn’t let me try any of them on…or even touch them…or really breathe too close to them. Silly Broadway rules.
I’m thankful I gave my legs a break this morning. That’s a little bit of a lie, but I’m trying to convince myself that not running this morning was a smart choice. My alarm went off and I debated throwing my phone across the apartment, but instead I just kept hitting snooze…for an hour and a half. So a run didn’t happen. I rarely skip my morning runs, but I convinced myself that I needed the extra bit of sleep. Plus I’m racing this weekend, so I know a morning off from Central Park wasn’t the worst idea.
But of course I’d always rather run. Too late now. I do have a hot date — really, a hot date, because it’s for hot yoga, and I didn’t even do that little pun on purpose — with Pure Yoga tonight though.
I’m thankful for hot showers.
I’m thankful to live in New York City, especially during the holiday season. Last night after the show Brian and I were walking east and happened to stumble upon this little guy:
I usually can’t handle the crowds that take over the city during the holiday season, but last night it was late and Rockefeller Center was manageable, and I was like, “Hey, this is cool. This is where I live. I live in the same city as this giant, magical tree.”
I’m thankful for great friends.
I’m thankful for restaurants that give you a bread basket as soon as you’re seated. I typically base my dining choices solely on whether or not the restaurant serves bread baskets. Carb consumption is a crucial part of the dining experience.
I’m thankful for giraffes. They’re my favorite.
Let’s wrap this post up with a giveaway winner, shall we? You guys really like Subway, huh?
I used this fancy number generator that everyone seems to use, and the big winner of the Subway gift card is…
Here’s what Melissa said in her entry when I said to “tell me something cool:”
I made a grilled turkey and cheese sandwich for myself for lunch today. I realize that’s not very exciting for you, but it was for me because it was delicious and I was eating it. And another cool thing about me is that I just started a new job. Wish me luck!
I hope you enjoyed your turkey sandwich, Melissa, and I hope you enjoy many more in the future. Good luck at your new job! Also, email me at email@example.com with your address and I’ll send you your gift card.
Have a great day, everyone!
AND NOW PLAY THE GAME: What are you thankful for today?