Listen to the Ali on the Run Show on iTunes!
- This weekend was the perfect mix of great running (thanks for that, sammham!), dog park-ing,… https://t.co/7CXZeHLwlQ about 13 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- This weekend was the perfect mix of great running (thanks for that, sammham!), dog park-ing,… https://t.co/w7PDuX1UEO about 13 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- March 23, 2017 by AliThursday Thoughts
- March 23, 2017 by AliEpisode 13: Chris Mosier, Transgender Athlete & Advocate
- March 21, 2017 by AliEpisode 12: Thoughts We Had During Our First Half Marathons
- March 16, 2017 by AliHow I Finally Got Over My Body Issues
- March 16, 2017 by AliEpisode 11: Candice Huffine, Model, Runner, and Founder of Project Start
- October 26, 2012 by AliPlease Let Me Make Your Day (That Means A Giveaway!)
- June 15, 2012 by AliMonday. 9 AM. Get Sweaty. (And For Now: A Giveaway!)
- August 10, 2012 by AliTake My Sweat (It's A Giveaway & It's Not Gross)
- May 25, 2012 by AliDo You Want Free Sneakers? (Translation: A Giveaway!)
- July 9, 2013 by AliEmbrace The Sweat (An "I Heart Sweat" Shirt Giveaway!)
I’m Excited About Not Feeling Sick Anymore
I’m all hopped up on running this week!
This morning I set out for six miles and they were glorious. It was raining. It was dark. It was bathroom-stop-free. That’s my fourth great run in a row!
I know this is so lame, but I can’t get over how good it feels to leave my apartment, run, and then be done. I really think I forgot that this is how it’s supposed to be. You’re not supposed to have to stop every mile to, you know, do stuff. It’s like this giant, painful, pissy weight has been lifted and I could not be happier.
Life is good.
My plan for today’s run was just to run. I wanted to get some time on my feet and I wanted to keep my pace consistently around 8:20-8:30, which I did. My legs were a little shot after last night’s Chisel class (too many squats and lunges, always too many squats and lunges), but I was so freakin’ excited to be running that I just powered through.
Looking back on this seemingly never-ending Crohn’s flare-up (or colitis, or whichever disease my doctor tells me I have on any given day), I know that I’m lucky it happened when it did. I didn’t get sick until after the marathon…
…and now, if I continue on this happy little road I’m on, I should feel just fine in time for the Las Vegas Half Marathon in two weeks, which is right around when I’ll be totally off the Steroids. I like that plan a lot.
I’ve got Vegas on my mind in a big way.
So excuse my “OMG LIFE IS SO GREAT” mood today. And I apologize — this excitement may continue all week…and then forever after. I felt so shitty for so long, and now I feel good.
Tomorrow I’ll be home in New Hampshire with my family, and then on Thursday morning I’ll Turkey Trot my little heart out before shoving ladle-fuls of stuffing and gravy into my belly. And then I will do nothing until Sunday. I’ll probably sleep a lot. And go to aerobics with my mom. It’s going to be awesome.
Everything is awesome.
I feel drunk. Drunk on anti-Crohn’s.
Cheers to that.