Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- So, that colonoscopy on Friday really took me down. Normally, after these NBD procedures — this was my fifth or six… https://t.co/FupXsRIYqD 07:46:23 PM August 18, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Annie is 10 months old today. I remember when Annie hit five months, thinking that was the best age. Then thinking… https://t.co/uZ7JN9wsFG 08:06:22 AM August 16, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- HEY HEY, A GIVEAWAY! My current status: colonoscopy prep! I’ll be spending this beautiful Thursday evening slammin… https://t.co/qnjarCYoXB 05:07:56 PM August 15, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- August 19, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 163: You Can Run a Marathon with Alexi Pappas
- August 14, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 162: Allie Ostrander, Professional Runner for Brooks Running
- August 13, 2019 by AliA Tuesday in the Life
- August 7, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 161: Lauren Fleshman & Jesse Thomas
- July 31, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 160: Kaitlin Goodman, Professional Runner for the Boston Athletic Association
On Mondays, I Make Lists
Sometimes I wake up on a Monday morning and I’m all, “The weekend is over and I feel sad and life is soooo hard.” Today I woke up and thought, “It’s going to be an exceptional week.”
I’ll tell you why, in the form of some lists.
5 Reasons This Weekend Was Great:
1. I finally made my way downtown and saw the 9/11 memorial. It’s really breathtaking and I highly recommend going to see it at night when everything is lit up. It’s pretty spectacular.
2. Becky was visiting! She came up from North Carolina for the weekend and it was nice having some quality time together. We ate about 500 quality meals, did the touristy thing for a while on Saturday and went running in Central Park yesterday. Her request, I swear. I didn’t make her do it.
My plan for yesterday was to do four gentle recovery miles at a very slow pace. We ended up doing five miles at a slightly more aggressive pace, but it was a gorgeous day so I went with it. Oops.
3. My long run was awesome. Brian and I ran 12 miles on Saturday. It felt great. The pace was quick by my standards and I felt pretty good.
Post-run jumping photos aren’t always a good idea. Not my best look.
4. I woke up way too early on Sunday and made the best of it. My stomach kicked my ass both nights this weekend, so I wasn’t too shocked that I was wide awake at 6:30 am yesterday. The Steroids don’t really let me sleep much anymore, and I’m uncomfortable trying to lay still. So I cleaned my apartment. Success.
5. I spent a relaxing Sunday evening at the movies. I don’t go to the movies very often, and yesterday Brian and I saw Like Crazy. I cried during the previews at some movie about 9/11 and then I cried throughout most of the movie. I’m pathetic. Despite the massive amounts of tears I shed, I really did enjoy the movie. I recommend it. And I promise you probably won’t cry as much as I did.
4 Reasons Today Will Be Great:
1. I’m doing a photo shoot for work with Brynn Jinnett, mastermind behind the Refine Method. I met Brynn last year and have been a huge fan of hers ever since. I’m excited to be able to feature her in the magazine. Plus, photo shoot days are always fun. It’s nice to get out of the office for a bit.
2. I’m pretty caught up at work. Finally. Stress, you can go away now!
3. Chisel at the gym tonight. I love a little strength training in my life.
4. I’m wearing a shirt that says I Heart Guacamole. I don’t have photographic evidence, but I wouldn’t lie to you about such a serious matter.
3 Reasons I’m Psyched About This Week:
1. I have a dinner date tomorrow with two runner friends. I can’t wait to pick their brains about how to run fast.
2. I’m seeing the Rockettes on Wednesday night. Thank you, job perks.
3. I’m getting Remicade on Thursday. I’m really hoping this will help kick the Crohn’s flare to the curb, because I’m pretty much over it. Pissy stomach, time for you to move on.
2 Things I’m Looking Forward To Right Now:
1. Thanksgiving. I get that this holiday isn’t technically about food, but in my mind it kind of is, so that’s what I’ll be celebrating next week: stuffing, turkey and several bowls of gravy. Plus I miss my family and I’m excited to be going home to see them.
2. Las Vegas! The trip is all booked, now I just need to get out there and run the Hell out of those 13.1 miles.
1 Big Goal For This Week: Eat well. Run hard. Get sleep. That all counts as one goal.
And there’s the countdown. Game on, week! Let’s do this.
NATURALLY I WANT YOU TO CHIME IN: Tell me something great about your weekend, something fantastic about today, something you’re psyched about this week, what you’re looking forward to and any sort of goal you have for the week. Go!