- "Someone just posted a picture of Annie on Twitter!" Tell me that is not really a line from the new Annie... :( about 1 hour ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- BIT MY TONGUE SO HARD, DON'T THINK I'M GONNA MAKE IT. Alison Feller, died doing what she loved: eating a BLT with avocado. 03:34:23 PM November 23, 2014 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Sunday mornings in 28J. This is what @boldworldwide gets to wake up to. <3 http://t.co/LSYdC6QOG4 08:20:00 AM November 23, 2014 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- October 26, 2012 by AliPlease Let Me Make Your Day (That Means A Giveaway!)
- June 15, 2012 by AliMonday. 9 AM. Get Sweaty. (And For Now: A Giveaway!)
- August 10, 2012 by AliTake My Sweat (It's A Giveaway & It's Not Gross)
- May 25, 2012 by AliDo You Want Free Sneakers? (Translation: A Giveaway!)
- July 9, 2013 by AliEmbrace The Sweat (An "I Heart Sweat" Shirt Giveaway!)
- November 21, 2014 by AliDon't You Forget About Me
- November 5, 2014 by Ali“This Isn’t Steamtown”: My New York City Marathon 2014 Recap
- October 21, 2014 by Ali10 Reasons The Runner's World Half Marathon & Festival Was Wonderful (Plus A Giveaway!)
- October 15, 2014 by AliSteamtown Marathon Recap
- October 11, 2014 by AliOne More Day I Get To Run
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
Today, I Am Still A Marathoner—With Videos To Prove It
I am currently basking in the glow of having just completed my first marathon.
I will probably keep smiling for at least a week. I’m kind of pumped about this whole thing.
I am back at work today, though. The next two weeks will be the busiest of my career. Who would like to volunteer to walk to the printer for me every time I need something? Because that would be great. And seriously, these legs are too sleepy to make that happen.
But I’m much less sore than I was yesterday and I’m feeling pretty good. I’m ready to recover and get back into my Brooks!
One of the great things about doing the marathon with JackRabbit was that I have lots of documentation from the entire process.
I also have lots of somewhat scary running videos. Turns out, it’s hard to look good when you’re on your 12th straight mile of hills.
But hey, I’m willing to share.
Here’s a little video of me running. I think it was somewhere around mile 10.
Yes, I do a very strange little clapping gesture. That’s because I noticed that my boyfriend had changed into his I Heart Sweat shirt. He wasn’t wearing it in the morning, but changed after he dropped me off at the start. I was so happy to see that because it was a total surprise. I also saw that my mom had done an outfit change, Academy Awards-style. She started her day loving gray sweat and then switched to aqua sweat.
And really, blowing kisses? Who do I think I am?
You will also notice my buddy Ben running right behind me. He doesn’t run with a watch so he just “let me pace him” for the first half. And then he blew past me in the second half like a champion.
And then there’s this video:
In this one I’m running uphill. Again.
According to all this footage I was constantly pulling my shirt up. I remember worrying that my boobs were going to be out and didn’t want to look like Whorish Ali On The Run. That was my attempt at “covering up.”
So in that video you hear me say “I’m not allowed to woo.” That’s because Coach Cane told me that when I see my friends and family, I’m supposed to act cool, do a slight wave and keep running. “Woo-ing” would only further exhaust me.
I wonder what he would think of my excessive jazz hand usage during the race…
So remember when I was like “I totally sprinted to the finish all badass-like?” Well, I think by the end of a marathon “sprint” is a relative term. But here I am, charging toward that magical finish line.
Mom, I am really, truly sorry that you were there for me with open arms and I blew right past them and fell onto that other man. I wanted to hug you first, but I feared that the weight of my very tired body, plus that extra weight from me marathon pee, may have taken you down. I love you very much, though.
And then I held up my medal to pose for a photo, which was apparently a video, so here’s that:
Awkward Ali. That’s her name.
This weekend was perfect. I wouldn’t change a thing.
And to answer the question that everyone keeps asking now: “Will you do another marathon?”
Oh Hell yes.
Also, as if things couldn’t get better right now, at dinner Saturday night my family (and boyfriend!) surprised me by telling me that we’re taking a trip! They’ve all been planning a long weekend getaway in October, so the six of us are staying at some villa in Cape Cod for a long weekend of golfing (for the boys) and going to the spa (for the girls).
I can think of nothing better.
Again, thank you for all the amazing support, wonderful comments and incredible donations. I really do feel like the luckiest girl in the world today.