Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- I love a Monday morning. . #nycskyline #sunrise #mondaymotivation #goodmorning #riseandshine @… https://t.co/17mxlNidzt about 55 minutes ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- I love a Monday morning. . #nycskyline #sunrise #mondaymotivation #goodmorning #riseandshine @… https://t.co/nXKO7YntcF about 57 minutes ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- For a long, long while, @brian_cristiano was traveling pretty nonstop. But he’s been home a… https://t.co/uQulJpATbk 06:48:58 PM March 17, 2018 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- March 14, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 64: Des Linden
- March 7, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 63: Dr. Meggie Q&A Part II: Fertility, Infertility, Labor, Delivery, & Advice
- March 1, 2018 by Ali11 Reasons I Loved February
- February 28, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 62: Gabe Grunewald, Professional Runner & 4-Time Cancer Survivor
- February 21, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 61: Dr. Meggie Q&A Part I: Egg Freezing, Periods, Hormones, & Birth Control
- October 26, 2012 by AliPlease Let Me Make Your Day (That Means A Giveaway!)
- June 15, 2012 by AliMonday. 9 AM. Get Sweaty. (And For Now: A Giveaway!)
- August 10, 2012 by AliTake My Sweat (It's A Giveaway & It's Not Gross)
- May 25, 2012 by AliDo You Want Free Sneakers? (Translation: A Giveaway!)
- July 9, 2013 by AliEmbrace The Sweat (An "I Heart Sweat" Shirt Giveaway!)
Bloggers Are Better In Real Life
Fact: Being real-life friends with fellow bloggers makes my world better.
Why’s that, you ask?
Well, many of my blogger friends are food bloggers. That means they like to cook and sometimes it means they like to cook for me.
Since the most impressive thing I make is pasta (from the box) with sauce (unheated, poured straight onto the pasta from the jar) and a very fancy dash of basil (not fresh, the pre-chopped kind from McCormick), I was clearly excited when the delightful Megan was all, “Hey friends, I moved to Brooklyn and I’m ready to warm my house and cook dinner for you.”
OK, fine, Megan. You may cook for me. Go to town.
Megan got hooked up with some Wish Bone dressings, so she made a salad extravaganza for a group of runner/blogger/yoga-loving ladies.
If you’ve been reading this blog for more than 8 seconds you have likely learned that I don’t eat salad. It bores me and I know, I know, I’m just not doing it right, but salad isn’t something I crave and when I see a salad I feel like I’m looking at the results of a lawn mowing disaster.
So Megan said she’d make salads and I was thinking, “I can always grab some pizza on the way home.”
Turns out though, Megan makes one mean salad.
Or rather, three salads.
I will now show you pictures of each and describe them for you, because I am obviously a skilled food blogger and I know many food words:
Looks good, right? It was.
There was also some bread (thanks, Susan!) and I had 16 pieces of it.
That cute little elephant is Gatsby. He was very formal and wore a tuxedo to dinner. What a show-off.
So Megan contributed some yummy salads, Susan brought bread, Sofia made cookies…
…and Ali brought these:
Every new home should be stocked with peanut butter-filled pretzels, don’t you think?
Since I’m not drinking until after the marathon, I left the massive wine consumption up to everyone else, and they were clearly up to the task.
I didn’t love not drinking, but I did love that I wasn’t hungover when I woke up today!
Seriously though, I had a great time last night. It was so nice to spend a few hours (many hours, in fact — it was a late night) with like-minded people. We chatted about blogging, we chatted about boyfriends and we chatted about men who are definitely not boyfriends and who send semi-creepy text messages to girls named Susan. Weird.
Thank you, Megan, for hosting a wonderful evening, and thank you blog friends for being even better in person than you are online.
It was hard to tear myself away from the good company, and I didn’t get home until nearly 1 am.
And I had a running date today with Kelly and Lindsay (ahem, others who bailed, you were missed).
I woke up and it hurt to open my eyes. When I finally looked at my phone after snoozing a few times, I was pumped about the weather.
Not pleasant, but not awful.
I told myself it was better to get the run out of the way than leave it for later, so I suited up and scooted out.
Coach Cane’s plan for today called for about 5 miles on the Bridle Path.
Slow miles. Happy miles. Easy miles.
We talked the whole time and attempted to dodge puddles, and I actually really enjoyed the rain. The park was quiet and peaceful and we didn’t see many other runners.
Five miles and a very wet commute later, I’m ready to start my day.
To wrap things up: There are only a few hours left to enter the Erica Sara Designs necklace giveaway! I’ll be picking the winner today at 12 pm EST. Good luck! And thank you so much to everyone who has donated so far. I am humbled and honored.
NOW I WANT TO KNOW SOMETHING: Tell me about the first time you met a blogger in real life! Megan was one of the first bloggers I met and now I’m the lucky one because she runs with me and cooks me dinner. Win for Ali!