Follow Me - AliOnTheRun1
- I DON'T WANT TO GO FOR A RUN BECAUSE I DON'T WANT TO RUIN MY PRETTY BRAID. Take my problems seriously. about 10 hours ago
- Hahahaha Hahahaha Hahahaha I <3 @markremy http://t.co/IPL40RKyTs about 10 hours ago
- How I spent my morning with @RWZelle @emfaherty @EJComeau & more: https://t.co/GONyreSaWs about 11 hours ago
- October 26, 2012 by AliPlease Let Me Make Your Day (That Means A Giveaway!)
- June 15, 2012 by AliMonday. 9 AM. Get Sweaty. (And For Now: A Giveaway!)
- August 10, 2012 by AliTake My Sweat (It's A Giveaway & It's Not Gross)
- May 25, 2012 by AliDo You Want Free Sneakers? (Translation: A Giveaway!)
- July 9, 2013 by AliEmbrace The Sweat (An "I Heart Sweat" Shirt Giveaway!)
- October 21, 2014 by Ali10 Reasons The Runner's World Half Marathon & Festival Was Wonderful (Plus A Giveaway!)
- October 15, 2014 by AliSteamtown Marathon Recap
- October 11, 2014 by AliOne More Day I Get To Run
- October 7, 2014 by AliRagnar Relay Adirondacks Recap
- September 23, 2014 by Ali71 & Done
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
For as long as I can remember, I’ve been a perpetually stressed-out person.
Weekdays are for waking up early, working out, going to work all day, and then cracking down on the To Do list all night. Weekends are for waking up just as early, running for hours and then gallivanting around the city running errands.
Sleep? I don’t get enough of that. It always comes last on my To Do list.
But after that incredibly pesky Crohn’s flare-up back in June, I’ve realized that I really need to chill if I want a shot at being healthy.
I would love to say that this realization came all on my own and that I’ve found ways to be all relaxy and peaceful.
It’s true that I’ve tried going easier on myself recently — my To Do list doesn’t have to get completely taken care of every single day — but it’s also true that I’m in good company.
You see, dating someone new means everything is sunshine, rainbows and lobster rolls all the freakin’ time.
I haven’t had a bad day in months. I absolutely cannot take full credit for that.
I personally have very little to do with the smile that’s been plastered on my face like a drunken fool.
The Ali from a few months ago would have seized the Irene-induced staycation as an opportunity to tackle things that needed to be done: cleaning, emailing, blogging, organizing, etc.
But this weekend, Relax-y Ali ate, drank and slept. I never looked at my list of crap that needed to get done “immediately” and I didn’t feel a single twinge of guilt this morning when I slept until almost 9 am.
(OK, confession, I did get up and clean my entire apartment immediately after waking. But I was totally chill about it…)
I went to the gym for way too long (lots of foam rolling, ab things, arm things and a brutally hot but fantastic spinning class) and hit up Whole Foods to buy some dinner things and snacky things.
Now, instead of reading blogs, doing work (oops) and generally freaking out life, I’m off to meet up with that Handsome Friend of mine to take advantage of this beautiful day in NYC.
And our plans may or may not involve roller skates.
I think this guy is good for me.
Oh and stay away from me, Crohn’s Disease. I’m wicked relaxed and happy, which means you can’t come bother me. At least not until after the Hamptons Marathon. Thanks.