Listen to the Ali on the Run Show on iTunes!
- August 3, 2017 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 39: Registered Dietitian Kelly Hogan
- July 18, 2017 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 38: I'm Back!
- June 20, 2017 by AliAn Update on the Crohn's Situation + Things I'm Loving Right Now
- June 15, 2017 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 37: Lindsey Hein, Host of the I'll Have Another Podcast
- June 13, 2017 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 36: My Least Favorite Motivational Phrases
- October 26, 2012 by AliPlease Let Me Make Your Day (That Means A Giveaway!)
- June 15, 2012 by AliMonday. 9 AM. Get Sweaty. (And For Now: A Giveaway!)
- August 10, 2012 by AliTake My Sweat (It's A Giveaway & It's Not Gross)
- May 25, 2012 by AliDo You Want Free Sneakers? (Translation: A Giveaway!)
- July 9, 2013 by AliEmbrace The Sweat (An "I Heart Sweat" Shirt Giveaway!)
For as long as I can remember, I’ve been a perpetually stressed-out person.
Weekdays are for waking up early, working out, going to work all day, and then cracking down on the To Do list all night. Weekends are for waking up just as early, running for hours and then gallivanting around the city running errands.
Sleep? I don’t get enough of that. It always comes last on my To Do list.
But after that incredibly pesky Crohn’s flare-up back in June, I’ve realized that I really need to chill if I want a shot at being healthy.
I would love to say that this realization came all on my own and that I’ve found ways to be all relaxy and peaceful.
It’s true that I’ve tried going easier on myself recently — my To Do list doesn’t have to get completely taken care of every single day — but it’s also true that I’m in good company.
You see, dating someone new means everything is sunshine, rainbows and lobster rolls all the freakin’ time.
I haven’t had a bad day in months. I absolutely cannot take full credit for that.
I personally have very little to do with the smile that’s been plastered on my face like a drunken fool.
The Ali from a few months ago would have seized the Irene-induced staycation as an opportunity to tackle things that needed to be done: cleaning, emailing, blogging, organizing, etc.
But this weekend, Relax-y Ali ate, drank and slept. I never looked at my list of crap that needed to get done “immediately” and I didn’t feel a single twinge of guilt this morning when I slept until almost 9 am.
(OK, confession, I did get up and clean my entire apartment immediately after waking. But I was totally chill about it…)
I went to the gym for way too long (lots of foam rolling, ab things, arm things and a brutally hot but fantastic spinning class) and hit up Whole Foods to buy some dinner things and snacky things.
Now, instead of reading blogs, doing work (oops) and generally freaking out life, I’m off to meet up with that Handsome Friend of mine to take advantage of this beautiful day in NYC.
And our plans may or may not involve roller skates.
I think this guy is good for me.
Oh and stay away from me, Crohn’s Disease. I’m wicked relaxed and happy, which means you can’t come bother me. At least not until after the Hamptons Marathon. Thanks.