Listen to the Ali on the Run Show on iTunes!
- "Finally, I said ENOUGH. I put a hard stop on the fat talk, the body obsession, and the constant… https://t.co/phNjeOQQck about 16 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- This just in over at @WellandGoodNYC: @RidePeloton teams up with @Westin! Dream team! https://t.co/LZYYbMCzIL 10:41:44 PM April 25, 2017 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- "Last year, I hit my breaking point. I realized I was so happy — except that I wasn't. I was a… https://t.co/li7qCFo8r7 09:18:49 AM April 25, 2017 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Thank you so much! Glad you enjoyed it! https://t.co/oVxuXxiORj 09:00:16 AM April 25, 2017 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- April 25, 2017 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 22: How I Finally Got Over My Body Issues
- April 24, 2017 by AliStevens Cooperative School 5K Recap
- April 19, 2017 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 21: Brynn Fessette O'Neill, Physical Therapist at Finish Line Physical Therapy
- April 18, 2017 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 20: Stop Waiting
- April 13, 2017 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 19: Michele Gonzalez AKA NYC Running Mama
- October 26, 2012 by AliPlease Let Me Make Your Day (That Means A Giveaway!)
- June 15, 2012 by AliMonday. 9 AM. Get Sweaty. (And For Now: A Giveaway!)
- August 10, 2012 by AliTake My Sweat (It's A Giveaway & It's Not Gross)
- May 25, 2012 by AliDo You Want Free Sneakers? (Translation: A Giveaway!)
- July 9, 2013 by AliEmbrace The Sweat (An "I Heart Sweat" Shirt Giveaway!)
Running At Night Is Hard
I should note that I am currently listening to “A Whole New World” on iTunes. Aladdin is awesome. I always liked Jasmine’s kind of slutty outfits and the fact that she had a pet tiger. That’s so badass. The song came on randomly though. I swear.
First, let me talk just a bit more about the Battle of Brooklyn one last time.
If you want a little chuckle, here are my splits:
All over the place? Just a little.
Clearly miles 8 and 9 were my favorites.
Coach Cane wanted me to achieve negative splits. That’s kind of tough to do when you start out with an 8:09 first mile. I’m an ass.
I don’t know if today’s plan was created in an effort to make me a better runner or to punish me. Either way, I did it.
The main running plan for today was three mile repeats at my 5K goal pace, but getting a little faster each time, plus a half mile recovery jog in between each.
I did it. So that’s cool.
But I didn’t get much faster each time. I stayed pretty consistent.
I also almost vomited at the end. I think that means it was successful.
Seriously though, I don’t know how you night runners do it. The thought of slipping into my sneakers and not my pajamas was very daunting.
I did just about everything I could to procrastinate this run, including a trip to 16 Handles.
That was dumb. Who wants to run on a belly full of fro-yo? My mistake.
The run just felt so much more difficult than my morning runs. So to all you crazies who say, “I don’t know how you wake up early to work out every day!” I respond to you with, “I don’t know how you’re so willing to run at night with a belly full of food!”
I guess we’re even.
For the past few months I’ve been kind of thinking/secretly plotting/stalking flights to Las Vegas all in the name of the Rock N Roll Las Vegas Half Marathon.
I ran this race in 2009 and I loved it. I like the course — flat, fast and all along the Vegas strip — and I obviously love that the charity sponsor for the race is the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation.
But this year the race is at night. That’s cool and all, because it’s probably pretty.
Running 13.1 miles at the end of the day though? I’m not sold.
Also, I can’t afford a trip to Vegas unless I plan to pick up a few stripper shifts while I’m out there.
Which I don’t…
And also, here is a picture of me and a puppy named Harper:
TELL ME: If you prefer running at the end of the day, how the F do you do it? Give me your secrets!