Follow Me - AliOnTheRun1
- This kid! Two podiums in two days at the end of four days of racing. Big moves by the @boldworldwide… http://t.co/uadj6mfdY3 about 1 hour ago
- Burlington, VT. What a babe. about 4 hours ago
- Spending all day in Burlington, VT, tomorrow. I have waited exactly one year for this. #ilovermont about 17 hours ago
- A day that ends with rock jumping at a secluded watering hole tucked away in the mountains is not a… http://t.co/VM6yunb0Kb 07:18:45 PM August 29, 2014
- October 26, 2012 by AliPlease Let Me Make Your Day (That Means A Giveaway!)
- June 15, 2012 by AliMonday. 9 AM. Get Sweaty. (And For Now: A Giveaway!)
- August 10, 2012 by AliTake My Sweat (It's A Giveaway & It's Not Gross)
- May 25, 2012 by AliDo You Want Free Sneakers? (Translation: A Giveaway!)
- July 9, 2013 by AliEmbrace The Sweat (An "I Heart Sweat" Shirt Giveaway!)
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
Running At Night Is Hard
I should note that I am currently listening to “A Whole New World” on iTunes. Aladdin is awesome. I always liked Jasmine’s kind of slutty outfits and the fact that she had a pet tiger. That’s so badass. The song came on randomly though. I swear.
First, let me talk just a bit more about the Battle of Brooklyn one last time.
If you want a little chuckle, here are my splits:
All over the place? Just a little.
Clearly miles 8 and 9 were my favorites.
Coach Cane wanted me to achieve negative splits. That’s kind of tough to do when you start out with an 8:09 first mile. I’m an ass.
I don’t know if today’s plan was created in an effort to make me a better runner or to punish me. Either way, I did it.
The main running plan for today was three mile repeats at my 5K goal pace, but getting a little faster each time, plus a half mile recovery jog in between each.
I did it. So that’s cool.
But I didn’t get much faster each time. I stayed pretty consistent.
I also almost vomited at the end. I think that means it was successful.
Seriously though, I don’t know how you night runners do it. The thought of slipping into my sneakers and not my pajamas was very daunting.
I did just about everything I could to procrastinate this run, including a trip to 16 Handles.
That was dumb. Who wants to run on a belly full of fro-yo? My mistake.
The run just felt so much more difficult than my morning runs. So to all you crazies who say, “I don’t know how you wake up early to work out every day!” I respond to you with, “I don’t know how you’re so willing to run at night with a belly full of food!”
I guess we’re even.
For the past few months I’ve been kind of thinking/secretly plotting/stalking flights to Las Vegas all in the name of the Rock N Roll Las Vegas Half Marathon.
I ran this race in 2009 and I loved it. I like the course — flat, fast and all along the Vegas strip — and I obviously love that the charity sponsor for the race is the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation.
But this year the race is at night. That’s cool and all, because it’s probably pretty.
Running 13.1 miles at the end of the day though? I’m not sold.
Also, I can’t afford a trip to Vegas unless I plan to pick up a few stripper shifts while I’m out there.
Which I don’t…
And also, here is a picture of me and a puppy named Harper:
TELL ME: If you prefer running at the end of the day, how the F do you do it? Give me your secrets!