Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- I just felt like running! I don’t think that pace is quite accurate, and I made a handful of bathroom stops, plus… https://t.co/50UduIDrye 11:12:19 AM September 21, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- This picture is from the summer of 2013. I was SO sick that summer. It was the hardest summer of my life. My Crohn’… https://t.co/LhMEKhc3WX 08:06:56 PM September 19, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- September 18, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 174: A Behind-the-Scenes Look at the Ali on the Run Show
- September 16, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 173: You Can Run a Marathon with Dawn Grunnagle
- September 11, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 172: Amanda Nurse, Elite Marathoner for adidas
- September 9, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 171: You Can Run a Marathon with Molly Bookmyer
- September 8, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 170: LIVE at NYRR RunnerCon with Nikki Hiltz & Allie Ostrander
Battle of Brooklyn Kind Of Recap
I’m in Fire Island and I’m drinking loads o’ wine, so rather than giving you a play-by-play of today’s JackRabbit Sports Battle of Brooklyn 10-mile race (I’ll do that tomorrow), tonight I’ll simply leave you with a few photos and my blah-for-me finish time (1:26:something).
The race was tough for me. I played the mental “I can’t do this” battle, I struggled on the Prospect Park hills and I have officially mastered the art of positive splitting.
But also, Coach Cane ran the race — which is commemorative of the Revolutionary War — in full-on George Washington garb, musket and all.
My coach is the coolest.
So was it my best race?
Nope. Not even a little bit.
But was it fantastic seeing the other rabbits, a few familiar faces and two dazzling runners in “I Heart Sweat” shirts? You bet.
And now I’m off work for two days to enjoy the beach in Fire Island.
If you don’t hear from me, it’s because I’ve made a home for myself in the sand. Don’t be alarmed.
Hope everyone had a great weekend!