Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- Always love getting to write about the @DANCEonFOX winners for @Dance_SpiritMag! https://t.co/syahe1YcDB about 1 hour ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Such a fun bonus episode out today! I loved talking with this speedy mom-and-daughter duo — they both had huge race… https://t.co/BHil0OromK about 3 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- December 11, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 193: Jenny & Judi Donnelly BONUS EPISODE!
- December 4, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 192: Adrianne Haslet, Boston Marathon Bombing Survivor
- November 27, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 191: The Great Turkey Trot of 2014
- November 20, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 190: Sarah True, Olympian & Ironman Triathlete
- November 14, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 189: Running Industry Hot Takes with Phoebe Wright
Battle of Brooklyn Kind Of Recap
I’m in Fire Island and I’m drinking loads o’ wine, so rather than giving you a play-by-play of today’s JackRabbit Sports Battle of Brooklyn 10-mile race (I’ll do that tomorrow), tonight I’ll simply leave you with a few photos and my blah-for-me finish time (1:26:something).
The race was tough for me. I played the mental “I can’t do this” battle, I struggled on the Prospect Park hills and I have officially mastered the art of positive splitting.
But also, Coach Cane ran the race — which is commemorative of the Revolutionary War — in full-on George Washington garb, musket and all.
My coach is the coolest.
So was it my best race?
Nope. Not even a little bit.
But was it fantastic seeing the other rabbits, a few familiar faces and two dazzling runners in “I Heart Sweat” shirts? You bet.
And now I’m off work for two days to enjoy the beach in Fire Island.
If you don’t hear from me, it’s because I’ve made a home for myself in the sand. Don’t be alarmed.
Hope everyone had a great weekend!