Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- It has recently been brought to my attention that people think the phrase is "mine as well." Like, "I had a peanut… https://t.co/5c0gbgN5YO about 3 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- OMG Ellie's @BBCWorld debut! (Not a documentary ABOUT Ellie. But her favorite teacher is in it & they followed him… https://t.co/Z1G3iewrZi about 3 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Same! https://t.co/kOCdSMo0FU about 4 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- July 14, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 157: Motherhood Mondays with Julia Berteletti and Laura Green
- July 10, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 156: Sarah MacKay Robinson, Elite Runner
- July 7, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 155: Motherhood Mondays with Dr. Molly Millwood, Clinical Psychologist
- July 2, 2019 by AliLife Lately
- June 30, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 154: Motherhood Mondays with Hitha Palepu, on Postpartum Depression, Breaking Points, & Parenting Unapologetically
Battle of Brooklyn Kind Of Recap
I’m in Fire Island and I’m drinking loads o’ wine, so rather than giving you a play-by-play of today’s JackRabbit Sports Battle of Brooklyn 10-mile race (I’ll do that tomorrow), tonight I’ll simply leave you with a few photos and my blah-for-me finish time (1:26:something).
The race was tough for me. I played the mental “I can’t do this” battle, I struggled on the Prospect Park hills and I have officially mastered the art of positive splitting.
But also, Coach Cane ran the race — which is commemorative of the Revolutionary War — in full-on George Washington garb, musket and all.
My coach is the coolest.
So was it my best race?
Nope. Not even a little bit.
But was it fantastic seeing the other rabbits, a few familiar faces and two dazzling runners in “I Heart Sweat” shirts? You bet.
And now I’m off work for two days to enjoy the beach in Fire Island.
If you don’t hear from me, it’s because I’ve made a home for myself in the sand. Don’t be alarmed.
Hope everyone had a great weekend!