Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- Super cool Ali on the Run Show shout-out today in @engadget! (Thanks so much for the kind words and love,… https://t.co/YBdX6DTjq3 about 13 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Annie was born on a sunny Tuesday morning, at exactly 39 weeks. Today, on another sunny Tuesday, she’s exactly 39 w… https://t.co/UhQ1Sk9uHn about 18 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- July 14, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 157: Motherhood Mondays with Julia Berteletti and Laura Green
- July 10, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 156: Sarah MacKay Robinson, Elite Runner
- July 7, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 155: Motherhood Mondays with Dr. Molly Millwood, Clinical Psychologist
- July 2, 2019 by AliLife Lately
- June 30, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 154: Motherhood Mondays with Hitha Palepu, on Postpartum Depression, Breaking Points, & Parenting Unapologetically
I’m almost at a loss for words this morning.
I don’t think I’ve ever really been completely knocked speechless — I’m a big fan of talking and making noise — but last night blew me away. I woke up with a giant, totally goofy smile on my face today.
Let me try to find the words to express my gratitude.
First, from the very bottom of my big, mushy heart: Thank You.
Thank you to everyone who came to JackRabbit Sports last night to support my fundraising efforts for the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation. The place was packed right at 6:30 and the last of us didn’t leave the store until almost 10:00, when the lights were shut off and we finally got the hint to get out.
The positivity, energy and enthusiasm at the store last night was all electric. I was so happy and it felt like the best birthday party ever. Or something.
It just felt good.
I can’t believe how many people showed up!
I hope everyone enjoyed the food and the wine. My amazing coworkers came — and one particularly talented coworker was the lady behind those delicious brownies you were all feasting on.
(The brownie baker is on the far right — lots of you asked for the recipe, so I’ll try to get it. I know it involved something like “9 sticks of butter.” Mmmm perfection.)
I was blown away by how many people snatched up the apparently-coveted “I Heart Sweat” shirts. There are a few women’s smalls and extra-smalls still at the JackRabbit Upper East Side store that will be on sale there until they’re gone. There are also two or three men’s small shirts left.
I am definitely looking to place an additional order of shirts. I haven’t figured out yet how I want to sell them online, but I will be offering another round of sales both at JackRabbit and hopefully through some sort of online payment plan for you out-of-towners. These shirts will likely cost a bit more due to shipping costs, but I will keep you posted.
And hopefully everyone who did get a shirt last night will enjoy them and start sweating in them soon!
I also got a kick out of how many people came straight from their evening runs to the event. And every time I tried to hug someone I was met with “Sorry for my sweat!”
Come on, people. I’ll hug sweat. Honey badger don’t care.
I was thrilled that Coach Cane showed up just as we were wrapping up trivia, though he did hop up on the makeshift podium to enlighten the crowd with some trivia of his own.
If you couldn’t make the event, here are a few sample trivia questions for you:
- What was the name of the dating show on MTV hosted by Jenny McCarthy and Chris Hardwick?
- Name the five Matthews family members from “Boy Meets World.”
- On “Beverly Hills 90210” how did Ray Pruitt hurt Donna?
- What was the name of Uncle Jesse’s band on “Full House?”
- What was the name of the nightclub where the “Saved By The Bell” gang caught Jeff cheating on Kelly?
- What is the exact distance—in miles—of the Central Park Bridle Path?
- Who was the first female finisher in the 2010 New York City Marathon?
- In which direction are bikers required to ride on the main road in Central Park?
- How many locations does JackRabbit have and where are they?
- “My Heart Will Go On” by the lovely Celine Dion was featured during the end credits of what movie?
- What movie recently broke records for biggest box office opening?
- What does Rachel mistakenly put in her Thanksgiving trifle on “FRIENDS?”
- If you’re taking the Bolt Bus to Washington DC, what street corner will you leave from?
- Name Ali’s favorite frozen yogurt spot in the world that is also in NYC.
Some of these were challenges for the group, but every single person in the room knew the answer to that last question. I was so proud.
Another highlight of last night: Many of you were on the hunt to figure out who my Handsome Friend was, apparently. I got lots of inquiries — and so did he! People weren’t shy about asking him to identify himself. Mwahaha.
I’m also humbled by how helpful everyone was. In addition to donating so generously, many people were constantly asking if anything was needed. The JackRabbit staff was ridiculously accommodating and Lauren, in from Fire Island for a few hours, took over raffle ticket duty, relieving me of lots of stress.
Whose team are you guys on?
That’s right. Team Ali. Thanks for joining.
I do wish I could have spent more time talking to every single person who was there last night. I tried to mingle, but it’s tough making the rounds!
Alright, I’m almost done raving about last night. Of course the food and drinks and shirts and jazz hands (what??) were all wonderful, but really, this event happened for a reason: to raise money for a cause I care so passionately about, CCFA.
The grand total from last night’s raffle ticket donations came to $826.
I won’t know how much additional money I raised from the 15% sales contributions and the T-shirt sales, but I will post as soon as I know.
And if you weren’t able to attend last night but still want to make a donation, you can do so here. Wicked easy.
So again, thank you all so much for your incredible support. This is the happiest I think I’ve ever been.
And now it’s time to do some work then jump on a BoltBus. It’s going to be a sweat-filled weekend.
And again…thank you.
TELL ME: Interested in a shirt? If you are, let me know by leaving a comment so I can gauge how many I should order for round two.
Also feel free to answer some trivia questions for me. Or throw out your own. Go crazy.