Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- November 20, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 190: Sarah True, Olympian & Ironman Triathlete
- November 14, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 189: Running Industry Hot Takes with Phoebe Wright
- November 13, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 188: Nikki Hiltz & Therese Haiss
- November 6, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 187: I'm a New York City Marathon Race Announcer!
- November 4, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 186: Why It's An Exciting Time for Women's Running LIVE Show
Some Likes & Some Dislikes
Today is Monday. I know some people dread Mondays. The weekend is over, life is so sad, blah blah whine.
I don’t mind Mondays though.
Is the weekend over? Yes, yes it is.
But was the weekend awesome? Yes, yes it absolutely was.
So instead of sitting at my desk today, feeling sad that I have a full work-week ahead of me, I’ll sit at my desk and feel all giddy-like remembering the fun stuff that I did this weekend.
Did you miss out? Here, I’ll fill you in:
- On Saturday I ran 13 miles. I broke from my Central Park routine to enjoy NYC Summer Streets.
- On Saturday night I took a trapeze class. Yup. And now I’m addicted.
- On Sunday I went to the Tanger Outlets in Riverhead, NY, and bought some stuff.
I have some videos from the trapeze class. Do you want to see them?
OK, here’s the video of me doing a backflip at the end:
And here’s me doing a catch with my new friend Dylan:
So while I don’t generally mind Mondays, there are still some things about today that I like and things that I dislike. I will now share those things with you.
Like: Wearing new clothes. I’m wearing the same white pants I wore to the office on Friday, but my shirt is new. Thanks, Banana Republic outlet and your 40% off everything sale.
Dislike: The current state of my bank account. I need to stop buying lunch during the week.
Like: That the majority of my morning commute is done by foot. I’m only on the subway for a little while, but I walk all the way from 2nd Avenue to 7th Avenue.
Dislike: That everyone I seemed to get stuck walking behind this morning was smoking a cigarette. Seriously, this habit is still legal? It’s gross and the smoke gets in my clean hair and I swear it lingers on me all day. Blech.
Like: That I slept in until 6 am today.
Dislike: That I don’t get to run on Mondays, per Coach Cane’s orders. I much prefer waking up and sweating in the park.
Dislike: That I don’t have a puppy. Someday…
Like: Knowing that I will dominate my To Do list today.
Dislike: The fact that my To Do list is roughly 19 pages long. Yikes.
Like: That this week involves lots of fun activities. I have a dinner date tomorrow at The Spotted Pig (never been, heard good things!), plus a nice evening at JackRabbit on Thursday night and then a weekend getaway that will involve lots of wine drinking, board game playing, Celine Dion singing and some running.
Dislike: Nothing. No more dislikes. Life is good.
Like: That I have some brownies to eat with my lunch today. I’m sure you can guess who made them. I’ll give you a hint: not me.
Like: That my upper body is super sore from trapeze class. I guess I should have expected that. It hurts to lift me arrrrms. (Say that in pirate voice, because it’s more fun than saying “my arms.”)
Like: That the Hamptons Marathon is very quickly approaching. Um, it’s actually only 46 days away, which is terrifying. My family just booked their hotel for the weekend. Yay!
Like: Trail mix. Time to go eat some.
TELL ME: What do you like and dislike about today?