- I liked the Louvre because it had bathrooms on every floor. The art was cool, too. @ Musée du… https://t.co/U2JnZffGVm about 2 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Au revoir, Paris. Merci for letting me be a silly tourist all week. @ Montparnasse Tower… https://t.co/jBZeZA8ojx about 2 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- 3.5 days in Paris so far and I *think* I've found every public toilette in the city! #soproud… https://t.co/THZ88AaRiS about 20 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- New life goal: live in a chateau with 1,976 acres (that's three square miles!) of luscious,… https://t.co/iMiLsBhl7M 06:43:51 AM September 29, 2016 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- October 26, 2012 by AliPlease Let Me Make Your Day (That Means A Giveaway!)
- June 15, 2012 by AliMonday. 9 AM. Get Sweaty. (And For Now: A Giveaway!)
- August 10, 2012 by AliTake My Sweat (It's A Giveaway & It's Not Gross)
- May 25, 2012 by AliDo You Want Free Sneakers? (Translation: A Giveaway!)
- July 9, 2013 by AliEmbrace The Sweat (An "I Heart Sweat" Shirt Giveaway!)
- September 24, 2016 by AliA Letter To My Body
- September 21, 2016 by AliI Had My Wisdom Teeth Removed!
- September 19, 2016 by AliNew York City Marathon Training: Week 9
- September 15, 2016 by AliThankful Things Thursday: Six Happy Things (Including A PRO Compression Giveaway!)
- September 12, 2016 by AliNew York City Marathon Training: Week 8
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
Is This Real Life?
Today was ridiculous in the best way possible.
If not for the nagging twinge of pain in my right knee (nothing serious), I would be questioning whether or not I needed to wake up from a pretty nice dream.
After crushing yesterday’s long run (woo!), I was admittedly in rough shape. I wasn’t sore, but I was so tired and my legs felt like they weighed 2 million pounds. Sadly I didn’t get to spend the day resting and recovering, because I had to work.
I watched some dance classes (no dancing for me yesterday!), attended a seminar, took a break for dinner at Rue 57, then returned for the evening’s choreography competition.
By 9:30 pm I was shot and could barely keep my eyes open. I barely remember going to sleep last night.
And I slept until 9:30 this morning.
Much needed. I don’t remember the last time I slept that late and it felt so sinful and wonderful to stay in bed that long.
But today wasn’t all about rest: Coach Cane wanted me out running 4 gentle recovery miles on “a soft surface.”
So around 11 am I hit the road — the Bridle Path, actually — with a certain friend of mine.
And we had a particularly awesome celebrity sighting: Coach Cane and his fantastic wife, out for a run of their own!
Allow me to remind you all that Mrs. Coach Cane is the fantastic runner lady who ran with me during the NYRR Mini 10K back in June.
Do you also remember that she’s pregnant? She’s due in November (their fingers are crossed for an 11-11-2011 baby since they were married on 10-10-2010 — Coach Cane is into numbers) and she was out running like a champion.
I think she’s my idol.
It was great running into them and chatting for a bit — as always, running with others makes the miles go by much faster. Coach Cane was happy to see that I was running without headphones, though he did call me out for running with my phone in my hand…even though he has repeatedly told me not to.
But I assured him that I only ran with my phone today because I wanted to make sure I had a way to take a picture just in case I ran into him.
(I don’t think he bought it.)
My legs felt super heavy today as I slogged through 5 miles. It was hot and late in the day for me to be out there. But whatever. I got through it. And then my day got great.
I ate brunch at Taste, which was delicious.
I got an omelette with spinach, ham and cheddar cheese.
Here’s my omelette from the outside:
And in case you were wondering how much spinach they used, here you go:
With a full belly, it was off for a long walk through Central Park. Great people watching, though walking those hills wasn’t much easier than running them. My legs were screaming at me.
I walked from the Upper East Side all the way through Central Park and over to Herald Square.
That is very far.
Doable the day after your longest run ever? Barely.
Luckily I had good company. Wink.
Next stop? Aura Wellness Spa.
Yesterday I mentioned to my nice friend who is a boy that “we should get massages on Sunday.”
He liked the idea. And he made appointments.
Spa Aura is pretty incredible. I didn’t take pictures, obviously — I wanted my phone as far away as possible today so I could really relax — but check out the website. The spa has these four grottos which are basically sauna igloos.
Two of the grottos are really hot, one is a steam room and there’s an ice grotto. My skin was ridiculously soft after sitting in them for about 10 minutes.
Then it was massage time.
The massage was awesome. My massage therapist may have walked on my back. I was fine with it.
After the massage, I thought the fun was over.
And then a tray appeared in the room with a bottle of champagne, cantaloupe and crackers.
Well played, Aura. Well played. You brought my body back to life and got me a tiny bit drunk. You rule.
After a little steam action it was back to reality.
I’ve been craving mango salsa lately. My friend who is a man and is a good time managed to find a Mexican restaurant near the spa that served mango salsa.
Who does that?
So we went and got some.
And we chased it with 16 Handles.
Now I’ve got my air conditioning blasting and I’m ready for the week ahead.
TELL ME: What was the highlight of your weekend?