Listen to the Ali on the Run Show on iTunes!
- Long running = #podcast listening! If you want company on your run today, I will run "with you!" https://t.co/jNnDqbmcKj about 4 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Go through life with conviction, passion, integrity, and chocolate. about 19 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Just a reminder to do what YOU want to do & not worry about the noise or what everyone else is doing. about 19 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- March 23, 2017 by AliThursday Thoughts
- March 23, 2017 by AliEpisode 13: Chris Mosier, Transgender Athlete & Advocate
- March 21, 2017 by AliEpisode 12: Thoughts We Had During Our First Half Marathons
- March 16, 2017 by AliHow I Finally Got Over My Body Issues
- March 16, 2017 by AliEpisode 11: Candice Huffine, Model, Runner, and Founder of Project Start
- October 26, 2012 by AliPlease Let Me Make Your Day (That Means A Giveaway!)
- June 15, 2012 by AliMonday. 9 AM. Get Sweaty. (And For Now: A Giveaway!)
- August 10, 2012 by AliTake My Sweat (It's A Giveaway & It's Not Gross)
- May 25, 2012 by AliDo You Want Free Sneakers? (Translation: A Giveaway!)
- July 9, 2013 by AliEmbrace The Sweat (An "I Heart Sweat" Shirt Giveaway!)
Thankful Things Thursday: Bono Is My Friend
Today is Thursday. It is Thankful Things Thursday. That means we will be thankful for things that we may otherwise dismiss every other day of the week.
I am hungover and tired, so let’s get right to it, shall we?
I’m thankful for live music and U2. Last night I went to the U2 concert at the new Meadowlands stadium in New Jersey.
People: It. Was. Incredible. Seriously, this band puts on a great show. Go see these guys.
It didn’t hurt that I was sitting 11 rows from the stage.
It also didn’t hurt that my seat was right next to where Bono & co. walked out to start the show.
Everything about the show was great, from the seats to the stadium to the pulled pork sandwich I ate before it all got started. And the Mrs. Fields cookie. Yum.
Of course, I managed to do some drinking as well.
And now I’m in rough shape today. 3 am bedtime + I won’t tell you how many cups of classy wine + some beer = Ali not at her best.
Summary: The concert was fantastic. I don’t care that I feel like total crap today. Well worth it.
I’m thankful today is a rest day! Thank you, Coach Cane. I’ll be busting out 16 miles tomorrow morning, which means I got some extra sleep this morning. I definitely needed it.
I’m thankful for the total stranger who said “I like your blouse” this morning. I was walking to work in a total daze today. My concert hangover/sleepiness caused me to leave a bit later than normal, and in my rush to get out the door I threw on jeans and the first top I saw in my closet. I felt pretty gross. But then the nice girl complimented me. I wanted to hug her, but I also wanted to get to the office for some water. And maybe an eventual bacon, egg & cheese sandwich.
I’m thankful today is my Friday! I took tomorrow off to drive up to New Hampshire for the weekend. Yes, drive. With my sweet temporary New York license in hand. (By the way, that slick little piece of paper does not double as a legitimate form of ID when you’re trying to buy alcohol. Wine-selling-lady at the concert last night wasn’t having it. I assured her I’m 26, but since there’s no photo on the ID she didn’t really believe me. So my friend bought my wine and wine-selling-lady told me I “look 19.”)
But yeah, I’m pumped for a weekend out of the city. I’ll see Becky at her engagement party on Saturday and will see my parents on Friday night. Mom, have you started cooking yet?
I’m thankful for water. Between the hangover and the heat and all that jazz, I’m downing H20 like…a fish, I guess. Fishes drink a lot of water. So call me Nemo. I’m a thirsty girl.
I’m thankful for pasta. It’s 9:19 am and I would really love a heaping bowl of spaghetti. I don’t think that’s weird. I’ll hold out until dinnertime I suppose.
I’m thankful I have a coach.
Pretty sure I’d totally be screwing up this whole “run a marathon” thing if Coach Cane wasn’t guiding me every step of the way. He’s so attentive and still responds to every email I send him that starts with the line “This may be a stupid question, but…”
I’m thankful for support. I had a great call yesterday with some nice ladies over at the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation of America. I’m so honored to be raising money for a cause I’m so freakin’ passionate about. I want to get back into first place in this fundraising race so I can send a giant check off to CCFA after I run those daunting 26.2 miles on September 24.
I’m thankful for my apartment. I love it. It’s home.
I’m thankful for hummus. I love it. It’s delicious.
I’m thankful for friends who understand that training for this marathon is my number one priority right now. Thanks for letting me bail on things, guys. Appreciate it. See you in October. We can hang out then.
Alright. I’m running behind today. Time to get to work.
YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO: What are you thankful for today? Did you pack an awesome lunch? Do you have exciting weekend plans coming up? Do you have a refrigerator full of groceries? All good things. Share yours with me. Please.