Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- 1:52:44?! That was SO MUCH FUN! (Well, maybe minus the Manhattan Bridge climb, which absolutely destroyed me. The d… https://t.co/0JlgNSuxvp 10:54:35 AM March 17, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- When I put Annie to bed tonight, I shed an actual tear realizing she’ll wake up tomorrow morning and I won’t be her… https://t.co/ePcsySQFiD 07:31:52 PM March 16, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Every time I do a live show, I worry no one will show up. Every single time. It’s never happened. Not only that, bu… https://t.co/PqUGrFkudQ 04:26:31 PM March 16, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- March 12, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 128: Ali & the Experts Week with Dr. Nicole Detling, Sports Psychologist
- March 11, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 127: Ali & the Experts Week with Dr. Rachel Nazarian, Dermatologist
- March 10, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 126: Ali & the Experts Week with Shannon McLay, Founder of The Financial Gym
- March 9, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 125: Ali & the Experts Week with Dr. Logan Levkoff, Sex & Relationships Educator
- March 8, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 124: Ali & the Experts Week with Brynn Fessette O'Neill, Physical Therapist
This Week Was Easy
Not only is today Friday, it’s the Friday following an awesome week and it’s the Friday leading up to a mostly plan-free weekend.
Life is good, don’t you think?
This week has been great, though it’s been a total whirlwind. I was up at 4 am yesterday to catch a flight from Orlando back to NYC. I squeezed in a sweaty, disgusting mess of a run, and then spent the afternoon attempting to catch up on work.
Note: I will not actually be caught up on work things until…ever. But I’ll keep trying. My email inbox is just barely under 100 right now and I plan to keep plugging away at it in lieu of sleeping.
Continuing with the work-filled week, last night was my favorite event of the year. Despite the fact that I was completely exhausted, I was happy to put on a dress to go to the New York City Dance Alliance gala.
I don’t write about work too much on here because, honestly, I’d rather obsess over running-related things. But I will say that my favorite part of my job is watching young dancers grow over the years and seeing them turn into amazing, talented people.
Plus, the people watching is always good at these events.
In unrelated news, I’m getting “steroid face.” Though I’ve started to taper off the steroids, I can the side effects in the photos I took while I was in Florida and definitely see the dreaded “moon face” creeping in this photo. I know it’ll go away and I won’t complain because I’d rather have puffy cheeks then, well, frequent bathroom issues.
It was a late night and I didn’t get to bed until 12:30.
So yeah, I was super pumped when my alarm shouted in my face at 5 am today.
The main motivation to get to the gym for spinning this morning? Running the air conditioner in my apartment all the time is about to start costing me a fortune. The gym is cold and I pay the same amount every month to go there.
Things that were not a win today: taking the bus to the gym and missing my stop, forcing me to power walk a mile back north to make it to class.
This morning’s spin class was good, though it was nothing special. I was glad I still made it there with enough time to do some ab work and have some arm fun. I don’t know why I love tricep dips so much, but I really do. They’re a good time. And they work. So go do them.
I’m also slowly starting to like the whole “getting ready at the gym” thing. Granted, I don’t put a whole lot of effort into how I look on these days, but I appreciate the speediness of getting ready when I’m not playing on the computer, watching the “Today” show or looking longingly back at my bed.
Since today is Friday, I technically only have to be at the office until 1 pm, though I’m thinking I’ll be here longer. There’s much to be done.
And then: freedom.
I’m really excited to attempt to tackle what will be my longest distance ever. I ran 14.5 miles back in April, so this will be a new challenge. And you bet I’m up for it.
To be honest, though, beyond the initial excitement I’m a little terrified. I’m still kind of new to the whole “running with friends” thing, and these three girls are certified running badasses. They’re marathoners, track club stars and the types of girls who place in races. It’s both intimidating and motivating. I’ll take it.
And I’m going to do my best to keep up.
Coach Cane also wants me fueling during tomorrow’s run, which will be new for me. I bought a bunch of different options and haven’t decided which I’ll be going for, but hopefully whatever I try cooperates with my stomach and doesn’t send me running for the bathrooms. Though I’m kind of awesome at that.
Until then, have a fabulous Friday, everyone!
NOW TELL ME: Who’s running this weekend? It seems like everyone is kicking off training season for something, whether it’s a 5K, half marathon, marathon or something crazy I’ve never even heard of. Share your plans — let’s get motivated and inspired!