Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- With the U.S. Olympic Marathon Trials just 11 days away (!!!), here are some of my favorite people to follow for gr… https://t.co/iJmsBCGB1D 08:26:37 PM February 18, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- https://t.co/zPsHNmJjzl 01:37:33 PM February 18, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- New post: Olympic Trials live show information + all the past Ali on the Run Show guests who will be running! https://t.co/zPsHNmJjzl 09:46:54 AM February 17, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Happy Valentine's Day! Love, the Ali on the Run Show — and @karagoucher & @Adam_Goucher! It's the fifth and final e… https://t.co/zSYFru5ccV 08:19:43 AM February 14, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- February 19, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 209: Catching Up with Andrea Barber
- February 17, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Live in Atlanta + Runners to Watch at the Olympic Marathon Trials
- February 13, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 208: Love on the Run Week with Kara & Adam Goucher
- February 12, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 207: Love on the Run Week with Gwen Jorgensen & Pat Lemieux
- February 11, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 206: Love on the Run Week with Steph & Ben Bruce
This Week Was Easy
Not only is today Friday, it’s the Friday following an awesome week and it’s the Friday leading up to a mostly plan-free weekend.
Life is good, don’t you think?
This week has been great, though it’s been a total whirlwind. I was up at 4 am yesterday to catch a flight from Orlando back to NYC. I squeezed in a sweaty, disgusting mess of a run, and then spent the afternoon attempting to catch up on work.
Note: I will not actually be caught up on work things until…ever. But I’ll keep trying. My email inbox is just barely under 100 right now and I plan to keep plugging away at it in lieu of sleeping.
Continuing with the work-filled week, last night was my favorite event of the year. Despite the fact that I was completely exhausted, I was happy to put on a dress to go to the New York City Dance Alliance gala.
I don’t write about work too much on here because, honestly, I’d rather obsess over running-related things. But I will say that my favorite part of my job is watching young dancers grow over the years and seeing them turn into amazing, talented people.
Plus, the people watching is always good at these events.
In unrelated news, I’m getting “steroid face.” Though I’ve started to taper off the steroids, I can the side effects in the photos I took while I was in Florida and definitely see the dreaded “moon face” creeping in this photo. I know it’ll go away and I won’t complain because I’d rather have puffy cheeks then, well, frequent bathroom issues.
It was a late night and I didn’t get to bed until 12:30.
So yeah, I was super pumped when my alarm shouted in my face at 5 am today.
The main motivation to get to the gym for spinning this morning? Running the air conditioner in my apartment all the time is about to start costing me a fortune. The gym is cold and I pay the same amount every month to go there.
Things that were not a win today: taking the bus to the gym and missing my stop, forcing me to power walk a mile back north to make it to class.
This morning’s spin class was good, though it was nothing special. I was glad I still made it there with enough time to do some ab work and have some arm fun. I don’t know why I love tricep dips so much, but I really do. They’re a good time. And they work. So go do them.
I’m also slowly starting to like the whole “getting ready at the gym” thing. Granted, I don’t put a whole lot of effort into how I look on these days, but I appreciate the speediness of getting ready when I’m not playing on the computer, watching the “Today” show or looking longingly back at my bed.
Since today is Friday, I technically only have to be at the office until 1 pm, though I’m thinking I’ll be here longer. There’s much to be done.
And then: freedom.
I’m really excited to attempt to tackle what will be my longest distance ever. I ran 14.5 miles back in April, so this will be a new challenge. And you bet I’m up for it.
To be honest, though, beyond the initial excitement I’m a little terrified. I’m still kind of new to the whole “running with friends” thing, and these three girls are certified running badasses. They’re marathoners, track club stars and the types of girls who place in races. It’s both intimidating and motivating. I’ll take it.
And I’m going to do my best to keep up.
Coach Cane also wants me fueling during tomorrow’s run, which will be new for me. I bought a bunch of different options and haven’t decided which I’ll be going for, but hopefully whatever I try cooperates with my stomach and doesn’t send me running for the bathrooms. Though I’m kind of awesome at that.
Until then, have a fabulous Friday, everyone!
NOW TELL ME: Who’s running this weekend? It seems like everyone is kicking off training season for something, whether it’s a 5K, half marathon, marathon or something crazy I’ve never even heard of. Share your plans — let’s get motivated and inspired!