Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- July 2, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 258: Feel-Good Friday with Claudia Thompson, President of Claudia Connects
- July 1, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 257: Nutrition Q&A with Starla Garcia, Registered Dietitian
- June 29, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 256: On the Job with Vikki Spruill, President & CEO of New England Aquarium
- June 25, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 255: Ramblings on the Run with Ali & Matt
- June 24, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 254: Samia Akbar, Fastest U.S.-Born Black Female Marathoner
I Don’t Want To Leave Orlando
This will be my last “I’m having the best time ever in Florida” post. I promise. I have to go back to NYC on a very early flight tomorrow.
The trip has been pretty great. Today was a total work day (though it did start out with a 4-mile run and a jump straight into the pool — in running clothes — afterward).
As I mentioned yesterday, despite all the playing I’m doing, the reason I’m in Orlando is actually for work. I’m here covering national dance competitions, which is fun for me because I grew up attending them and now I get to go and watch and enjoy without all the pressure.
I spent the entire day today in a very chilly auditorium and now I’m getting ready for my final Orlando meal.
It won’t beat last night’s meal, that’s for sure.
California Grill at the Contemporary Resort isn’t just one of my favorite restaurants in the Disney area, it’s one of my favorite restaurants ever. The food is great, the atmosphere is fun, the wine is delicious and the fireworks show overlooking the Magic Kingdom doesn’t hurt.
But the real reason I keep going back to California Grill?
This little beauty:
No, I didn’t share.
All in all it’s been a great trip. Clearly. I rode rides, I ate good food, I still got my runs in, my stomach felt fine the entire time (huge victory!) and even though I did a lot of work, I still felt relaxed and happy.
Disney World, thanks for a great trip. You know how to make a girl feel magical.
Seriously though, it’s amazing what this place is capable of. I’ve felt like a total little kid for the past few days.
Next time you hear from me, I’ll be back in the city, ready to get back to regular updates about running and things.
Speaking of running, guess what I’m super pumped about?
Coach Cane’s plan for me this Saturday = 15 miles. It’ll be my longest run yet and I can’t wait!
Hope to see you again soon…