Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- It’s my first time being away from Annie, and I’m totally fine! No, really. I am actually totally fine! I miss her… https://t.co/M7OAKfdEUk 07:33:16 PM January 24, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- This is exactly what I needed to watch this morning. (And every morning.) @BillyYang https://t.co/UOUYs5AV1w 09:13:16 AM January 24, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- My vision: me, standing all cute in front of the NYC skyline, holding big, shiny, hot pink balloons spelling out “2… https://t.co/OvFMUZlzJ5 06:16:58 PM January 23, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- January 22, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 200: Starla Garcia, Olympic Trials Qualifier
- January 17, 2020 by AliThe 10 Best Parts of My Week
- January 15, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 199: My 2020 Visions, Plans, Hopes, & Dreams
- January 14, 2020 by AliAnnie Update: 15 Months
- January 10, 2020 by AliThis Week
Are You Ready For Me, Mickey?
Seven hours until I’m on board a JetBlue flight headed for Orlando, FL!
So naturally before I can even think about hitting the air, there’s entirely too much to be done.
Good thing I got that massage yesterday! Stress be gone!
I was able to leave the office at 1:30 pm, giving me plenty of time to grab lunch (Pret A Manger, thank you for your ham, cheese & mustard toasted sandwich — it is always amazing), run to Lord & Taylor (at the ripe age of 26, I finally own a racer-back bra) and get up to Exhale Spa.
Truth be told, I didn’t love the massage. I didn’t think I cared whether I had a male or female massage therapist, and yesterday I had a male for the first time. Turns out, I think I prefer the lady hands.
For massages, at least.
Still, it felt nice to lay down for an hour and get my muscles rubbed down. Afterward I felt relaxed and ready for summer!
My afternoon was spent doing laundry, running errands and making my apartment spotless. I’m completely OCD about making sure I come home to a clean apartment after a trip. Dishes are washed, counter-tops are dusted, trash is taken out. It makes coming home so much better.
For dinner I was craving a cocktail.
So I got both.
I was up at 6 am today to get a run in. I thrive on early morning Saturday runs. Central Park is always packed with die-hard exercisers and I get a huge rush being a part of it.
Coach Cane asked for 10 miles at my marathon goal pace. Or something.
I did 11 miles…at my fun pace.
I don’t even know what my marathon goal pace is…
I felt great during this run! The steroids are workingggggggg. The Crohn’s is going away!
I did make a bathroom stop at mile 9.3 or something, though it wasn’t urgent. It was just there. So I used it.
And took a sweaty self-portrait.
You’re welcome for that.
The park was hot, but not brutal, and the hills were no problem for me today. I saw lots of familiar faces as I ran which kept me smiling.
Feeling good, people, feeling good.
Now I’m showered and struggling to fit everything into my little carry-on suitcase.
I’m going to be in Orlando through Thursday, and I need to pack work clothes, play clothes, pool options, running clothes (dang sneakers for taking up so my precious suitcase space) and an outfit for a “red carpet event.”
Needless to say things are going to get wrinkled.
I will also state for the record that in the four times I’ve been to Orlando over the past five years, there was one time where bad things happened.
I got pink eye. That was great, especially since I’m terrified of eye drops.
I also tried to use a fake ID to go to the bars at Pleasure Island. I was the only non-21 year old in the group and thought I could get away with it.
I didn’t get away with it.
And I was escorted out of Pleasure Island and asked to never return.
I cried a lot. And yelled at the cops.
Always a classy one, Ali.
But I’m an adult now. I can totally get into Pleasure Island should I choose.
I’m still afraid of eye drops though.
OK, off to a quick work thing, then back home to wrap up the packing and get to JFK.
Here’s hoping today’s flight gets out on time and the trip goes smoothly.
Have a great July 4th weekend, everyone! See fireworks! Break a sweat! Yay America!